heard obama is gonna reinact clintons gun bann?

bang guy

Sec 2(a)(2) states "[p]aragraph (1) shall not apply to the possession or transfer of any semiautomatic assault weapon otherwise lawfully possessed under Federal law on the date of the enactment of this subsection."
If the bill is passed as is then anyone currently owning a weapon listed in the ban can keep it.
If the reps don't pass this then the dems will draft a bill that does not have this grandfather provision.

stdreb27

Originally Posted by Bang Guy
http:///forum/post/2833071
Sec 2(a)(2) states "[p]aragraph (1) shall not apply to the possession or transfer of any semiautomatic assault weapon otherwise lawfully possessed under Federal law on the date of the enactment of this subsection."
If the bill is passed as is then anyone currently owning a weapon listed in the ban can keep it.
If the reps don't pass this then the dems will draft a bill that does not have this grandfather provision.
I don't buy that logic. They just as well could remove it from the current bill.

sharkbait9

Originally Posted by Rylan1
http:///forum/post/2832731
I've seen the single shot... I suppose it wouldn't take much to modify, just like an AR-15, and I am not talking about Pistols...even though I don't know why anyone would need an Desert Eagle, except for it is cool or want to intimidate someone, or show off.. But as far as military grade.. I am refering to tactical weapons and weapons used on battle fields... I'm not talking about pistols or knifes/bainets... there is absolutely no use for them...
And making them available means they will eventually wind up in the hands of people who will misuse them or use them for criminal purposes..
As we have learned over and over, when you criminalize anything only the law abiding citizens obey. EVERYONE ELSE GOES UNDERGROUND.
Alcohol, weapons, d rugs, p orn, it all goes under ground. If you want it, you can still get it.
But we as citizens that obey the law are forced to surrender our weapons.
Now I will agree to some extent, that hunting with an automatic rifle is a bit much. It did scare the hell out of me hunting down south one year, it was a sure way to keep me from taking another hunting vacation down south.
If I want my AR15,dragunov, 30-60 and so I should be able to, all my weapons are licensed so any LEO wants to check up on my rifles or hand guns can as long as its warranted.

dolphinsandcol

If the government bans or takes away all the legally registered firearms doesn't that leave all the baddies alone to keep and use their illegal firearms??? I own at least fifteen different firearms and none of them have been used for any thing more than expensive hole punches, but I still love them. I have but don't need an AK-47...Just like my neighbor has but doesn't need a corvette. How many people have died due to overpowered cars... I say ban v-8s and v-6s too. That is one way the government can protect us too... Incredible...