I am new at saltwater fish. Need some help

S

smartorl

Yeah, I tossed it but I looked at the label and if I remember correctly it claimed to put bacteria into your system to just start a cycle. It's easy enough to do naturally for me though.

Umm. Remember I said i introduced the fish way back. Wouldn't at that point on the tank started to cycle? I didn't test the water back then because i didn't have any test kit. I didn't buy one till this tuesday. When i test everything I didn't detact any ammonia or nitrites. It was both at 0ppm. There was Nitrate at 20ppm and is still the same as today.

I have a question, is it possible to see any benficial bacteria in the tank? I might be seeing things but i see like tiny tiny tiny white small thing moves around in the class.

Yay!!! :) Thanks! I feel really happy! ;D you made my day! You saved me from my miserable life of homework haha. Can you picture me if possible? :3 Also sorry to bother some but can you explain what they are? or link me to a site ?

J

jstdv8

My usually very knowlegeable LFS guy calls Amphipods baby mantis shrimp.
I said looks like an amphipod.. he's like, nope, baby mantis shrimp.
I says "Really? How big do they get"?
"No bigger than you see right there"
I'm like "Ohhhhhh"
I don't like to start fights witht eh LFS guy but sometimes he is a little lost.
Most of the time I find he knows quite a bit especially about corals.