"If I had a son, he would look like Trayvon," said our president.

reefraff

Zimmerman doesn't strike me as being intelligent enough to make up the story and stick to it. He had less than a minute to concoct a story before the cops showed up the night of the shooting. Now I am fairly intelligent and pretty cool, calm and collected in a crisis and I can't imagine being able to make up a CYA story a moment after shooting someone.

reefraff

Another day, another disaster witness for the prosecution. This guy is Marcia Clark level incompetent.
By the way, according to Judge Alex, who was a judge in Florida they do get to throw lesser charges in at the end. I'll assume he knows what he's talking about.

mohawkninja

I really think that this whole trial has turned into a racial debate about Treyvon being black, and how he seemed like he wasn't an angel etc. But if it was the other way around and black man shot a white kid, this whole drama wouldn't happen. What people (not you all) are saying is like "Oh man guys, He's black, he can't be innocent." But I think that this whole trial needs to be based on fact, no assumptions, none of what Zimmerman is saying. Some of these things are just utter lies. "He banged my head on the concrete 25 times!" Oh so you were counting while this 140 pound teenager was beating you, a 200+ pound man? If we just go based on facts, the case is not in Zimmerman's favor. But when you take into account Zimmerman's story, it sways in his favor because there is only 1 story, his. Treyvon will never tell his story. Feel free to criticize me, but that is my opinion.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Hard to believe in the 21st Century that someone would admit utter racism so openly. What did you reply back to them?

bang guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkninja http:///t/391112/if-i-had-a-son-he-would-look-like-trayvon-said-our-president/320#post_3525441
I really think that this whole trial has turned into a racial debate about Treyvon being black, and how he seemed like he wasn't an angel etc. But if it was the other way around and black man shot a white kid, this whole drama wouldn't happen. What people (not you all) are saying is like "Oh man guys, He's black, he can't be innocent." But I think that this whole trial needs to be based on fact, no assumptions, none of what Zimmerman is saying. Some of these things are just utter lies. "He banged my head on the concrete 25 times!" Oh so you were counting while this 140 pound teenager was beating you, a 200+ pound man? If we just go based on facts, the case is not in Zimmerman's favor. But when you take into account Zimmerman's story, it sways in his favor because there is only 1 story, his. Treyvon will never tell his story. Feel free to criticize me, but that is my opinion.
There shouldn't even be a trial. The prosecution has all but admitted that. It should have gone to a Grand Jury so they could have thrown it out. But since there is some racial innuendo (as you stated), it fell into special prosecution. Had it been two white guys or two black guys it would have never seen a trial.

ironeagle2006

Lets see here the FBI said there was not even ENOUGH to look into for a Civil rights Case on this one right after it happened even with Obama and Holder Screaming at them. The Police where like Sorry Not even close. It took the State Bending over to groups led by Rev Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton that spew Hate if they do not get their WAY that they charged him.

mohawkninja

Quote:Originally Posted by mohawkninja http:///t/391112/if-i-had-a-son-he-would-look-like-trayvon-said-our-president/340#post_3525470

Nobody has said it to me ( I am black so most people aren't that dumb) but I have read it and I saw it in a video. I'll try to find links to it.

This article is all but explicitly saying it.
http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2012/03/27/trayvon-martin-was-apparently-a-17-year-old-undisciplined-punk-thug-drug-dealing-thief-and-wannabe-gangsta/

bang guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironeagle2006 http:///t/391112/if-i-had-a-son-he-would-look-like-trayvon-said-our-president/320#post_3525466
Lets see here the FBI said there was not even ENOUGH to look into for a Civil rights Case on this one right after it happened even with Obama and Holder Screaming at them. The Police where like Sorry Not even close. It took the State Bending over to groups led by Rev Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton that spew Hate if they do not get their WAY that they charged him.
To give some credit to the race mongers like Jessie and Sharpton, trials like this do occasionally remind us that race relations in the US is not yet perfect and can be improved. I just wish they chose their banners more carefully.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkninja http:///t/391112/if-i-had-a-son-he-would-look-like-trayvon-said-our-president/340#post_3525470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth
http:///t/391112/if-i-had-a-son-he-would-look-like-trayvon-said-our-president/320#post_3525457
Hard to believe in the 21st Century that someone would admit utter racism so openly. What did you reply back to them?
Nobody has said it to me ( I am black so most people aren't that dumb) but I have read it and I saw it in a video. I'll try to find links to it.
Mohawk, I'm Caucasian with Hispanic on mom's side. I won't say that blacks don't get the short end of the stick when it comes to the justice system, they very likely do. However, in this particular case, I don't see that Zimmerman's actions meets the standard of murder, which you have to prove if you're going to be convicted. Trayvon being suspended from school due to drugs, or carrying break-in equipment, or whatever, doesn't matter and shouldn't matter because he is the victim. However, if it went down that Trayvon attacked Z first, and he was the one beating up on Z, then it just can't be murder2. Maybe something less then murder2.
What you see going on with this case is that blacks have been pitted against whites. And my worry is, that as long as it just comes down to that, we as a society will never get past race always coming first.
Also, let me say that you have to take some stuff you read on the internet with a grain of salt. Lots of people troll on the internet just so they can get others angry or aggravated. This especially happens when active conversations occur following articles.

mohawkninja

I know this it probably isn't going to come out to murder, but I hope Zimmerman doesn't get off to easy. That guy might be trolling, but something in my gut says he isn't.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I think we'll all find out next week because I don't think the defense side has many witnesses. Personally, I don't think he'll get off, but I doubt he'll get murder2.

reefraff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkninja http:///t/391112/if-i-had-a-son-he-would-look-like-trayvon-said-our-president/320#post_3525441
Zimmerman was hit in the face. Zimmerman was on the ground and his head hit the sidewalk at minimum 2 times that was hard enough to break the skin. There is no doubt he was attacked and there's nothing to show the kid was hit at all. Here's the thing. Right or wrong self defense is dependent on the state of mind of the "victim". The cops were on scene within a minute of the shot. I don't give Zimmerman credit for being smart enough to make this up. He didn't have time. One witness said Zimmerman asked him for help while the kid was still on him. That pretty much rules out intent.
My whole opinion of this case is it was a really hard case to prosecute. Once it got political you can kiss justice goodbye. The original investigator didn't think charges should be filed and was pressured into recommending manslaughter I believe. The original DA didn't think it was a winning case and declined to prosecute. Even if they find Zimmerman guilty he's got numerous issues for appeal that are slam dunks.
What should have happened is the original DA should have charged him with like Manslaughter and pled it down to reckless endangerment with like 6 months in jail. Zimmerman would be much better off and the kid's poor parents who have shown a lot of class throughout this whole mess would have had some degree of closure months ago. But here is where justice is lost. I would say what Zimmerman has been put through over the last year is ample punishment for what in the worst case scenario would be exercising poor judgment. But if he is found not guilty there is gonna be a target on his back for a long time. If they find him guilty any jail time will have to be in solitary for his own protection. No matter what the verdict everyone is going to lose this one

deejeff442

yea but the media just loves to play the race card and couldnt pass this one up. pretty sad. i have all kinds of friends here every color and alot of countries. none of them care about this just the media.same with the Paula Dean deal.

mohawkninja

Quote:Originally Posted by reefraff http:///t/391112/if-i-had-a-son-he-would-look-like-trayvon-said-our-president/340#post_3525536

Zimmerman was hit in the face. Zimmerman was on the ground and his head hit the sidewalk at minimum 2 times that was hard enough to break the skin. There is no doubt he was attacked and there's nothing to show the kid was hit at all. Here's the thing. Right or wrong self defense is dependent on the state of mind of the "victim". The cops were on scene within a minute of the shot. I don't give Zimmerman credit for being smart enough to make this up. He didn't have time. One witness said Zimmerman asked him for help while the kid was still on him. That pretty much rules out intent.

My whole opinion of this case is it was a really hard case to prosecute. Once it got political you can kiss justice goodbye. The original investigator didn't think charges should be filed and was pressured into recommending manslaughter I believe. The original DA didn't think it was a winning case and declined to prosecute. Even if they find Zimmerman guilty he's got numerous issues for appeal that are slam dunks.

What should have happened is the original DA should have charged him with like Manslaughter and pled it down to reckless endangerment with like 6 months in jail. Zimmerman would be much better off and the kid's poor parents who have shown a lot of class throughout this whole mess would have had some degree of closure months ago. But here is where justice is lost. I would say what Zimmerman has been put through over the last year is ample punishment for what in the worst case scenario would be exercising poor judgment. But if he is found not guilty there is gonna be a target on his back for a long time. If they find him guilty any jail time will have to be in solitary for his own protection. No matter what the verdict everyone is going to lose this one

I know that there was a fight, but who made that fight happen? Zimmerman never should have gotten out of his car, and he never should have confronted the kid. I know that if a guy was following me, got out of his car, and said something to the effect of "What are you doing around here?" I would not be very happy. Even if Treyvon was beating the guy in the fight, Zimmerman wasn't fearing his life, and he has no right to shoot the kid in the chest. His injuries were minor, cuts and bruises. And when he says he was slammed on the concrete 20+ times, that is total BS. If you were slammed 25 times you would have more that a couple cuts. The only reason it looks bad is because head wounds bleed a lot.

reefraff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkninja http:///t/391112/if-i-had-a-son-he-would-look-like-trayvon-said-our-president/340#post_3525472
This article is all but explicitly saying it. http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2012/03/27/trayvon-martin-was-apparently-a-17-year-old-undisciplined-punk-thug-drug-dealing-thief-and-wannabe-gangsta/
I wont even justify that rubbish by clicking on the link. I've seen other garbage that site puts up and it's usually crap. The only thing relevant about Martin's past to this case was fights and while I think possession of the stolen items and the so called break in tool and the pictures with guns goes to show he wasn't the fresh faced 13 year old originally portrayed in the media I can kinda understand why the judge didn't let that in.

mohawkninja

Quote:Originally Posted by reefraff http:///t/391112/if-i-had-a-son-he-would-look-like-trayvon-said-our-president/340#post_3525541
I wont even justify that rubbish by clicking on the link. I've seen other garbage that site puts up and it's usually crap. The only thing relevant about Martin's past to this case was fights and while I think possession of the stolen items and the so called break in tool and the pictures with guns goes to show he wasn't the fresh faced 13 year old originally portrayed in the media I can kinda understand why the judge didn't let that in.

To be completely honest, I don't care what Treyvon's past was like. In no way did he deserve to get shot.