KAT74's 14g Biocube Diary

K

kat74

Good news.... and bad news...
Good news? My clowns are getting along fantastically!
Everything seems to be "peaceful" in the tank today.... sweet, gentle swimming together, calm attitudes... perfect.

Bad news? The clown that came out of QT after its 5 day treatment with Maracyn II may need to go back in there. Came home from work today and saw no marks, nothing on the clown. After dinner, went to observe the tank and saw a red patch on its side. Dangit!~
There isn't any aggression going on in the tank. I can only imagine that maybe it got stung by the elegance coral when it swam through the tentacles.
There are no marks on the other one. It is breathing, swimming, eating and acting like there's nothing wrong. Totally chill. I've been PM'ing all night with Sepulation (bless his heart, I really need to send him a check for his services this last week) and he wants me to just keep an eye on him and if it gets worse, then put him back into QT for another round of treatment and keep him in QT a week longer after treatment to be sure that he has regained his strength and got his immune system back on track before going back into the DT. I thought, and he agreed, that perhaps he ran into the elegance when his slime coat was weakened and got stung. We're hoping that just keeping an eye on him and continuing to feed them foods soaked in garlic and vitamins will help him pull through on his own without having to go back into QT for another round of treatment.
This is what he looks like

I'll be keeping an eye on him and go from there... bacterial infections suck.

Good thing I didn't break down the QT just yet. I just checked the water on it however, and there is .25 of Ammonia and .25 of Nitrites in it. Yikes. Gotta get some water for a water change tomorrow just in case!
ETA: Anyone know why Ammonia and Nitrite happened to spike AFTER the removal of the clown from QT?? While in QT, I was anal about checking the water; checked it first thing in the morning before adding Maracyn II and then checked it again before going to bed and it never showed any signs of Ammonia or Nitrite.

K

kat74

Originally Posted by MaTT B
http:///forum/post/2586712
Man that stinks! Have you checked my thread lately? Alot of new stuff the past week
Yep, checked your thread and posted a comment. Sooooo jealous!!~

But glad that you're thinking of me when you start to frag your stuff!~

K

kat74

Good news!~
My clown didn't have to go back into QT for an additional round of treatment with Maracyn II.

Came home from work yesterday and the red mark on the side was smaller and faded, so it looks like whatever it was, is getting better on its own!

They are still getting along very well. No more fighting. One of them continues to submit quickly when the need arises.

mrpurple

hi i love your tanks by the way.
i was wondering you said you run the biocube skimmer, i just picked one up and was wondering how far up th chamber do you run the bubbles. any help at all would be great thx.

K

kat74

Originally Posted by mrpurple
http:///forum/post/2588789
hi i love your tanks by the way.
i was wondering you said you run the biocube skimmer, i just picked one up and was wondering how far up th chamber do you run the bubbles. any help at all would be great thx.
Thanks for the compliment, mrpurple!~

I don't have a skimmer on this one yet, but I run the Biocube skimmer in my 29 and keep the bubbles right at the top of the reaction chamber.
Speaking of that skimmer, I need to change out the airstone!~

K

kat74

Guess who's looking better???

The red mark is disappearing more and more everyday!~

anddddd.... guess who's still getting along???

If you look closely at the pic above, you will see the lips of the clown in the front healing and getting better! Last week, his lips were just pure jacked up! Sooo glad that it's getting better!~

Don't have any "flat" surface left to put my duncans, so I had to glue the, sideways between two rocks. Maybe if I glued it to a frag plug it will be better. They seem to be happy where they are though and are already starting to sprout babies on the underside!

My other coco worm decided to come out for awhile. This one use to be nocturnal and would come out from about 3pm until early the next afternoon. Now, it's on a more "regular" schedule.

K

kat74

Originally Posted by ClownFiSH11
http:///forum/post/2589384
NICE COCO WORM! how much did you pay for yours? it looks great..
check out my updates Kat..https://www.saltwaterfish.com/vb/show...=310603&page=4
Thanks, Chris! (remembered your name from Matt's thread!
)
I have two coco worms in this tank. My bigger one (pink and white) was about $42.99 and the one pictured above was about the same too, if I remember correctly.

.... going over to check on your updates right now!~

clownfish11

haha thats a pretty good price for a coco...there usually like 70$ at my LFS if they ever get any in..my LFS is overpriced like no other...thats why i use the internet

K

kat74

Originally Posted by ClownFiSH11
http:///forum/post/2589410
haha thats a pretty good price for a coco...there usually like 70$ at my LFS if they ever get any in..my LFS is overpriced like no other...thats why i use the internet

WOW. $70?? I wouldn't pay that much for one!~

K

kat74

I did my weekly 25% water change today and it didn't seem to upset my elegance like it did last week.
The elegance is getting bigger and bigger; I had to move my clove polyps off the sandbed and move them up so that I could move the brain over to keep the distance between them. The clowns continue to do well, so everything seems to be "status quo" for now. No other "immediate" plans for this tank... just sittin' back and enjoying it for now.

I've GOT to get back to my 29! It's been so neglected since I started this one and I kept taking things from it to stock this one, so it's looking a little "bare" at the moment....
anyway, some pics from today...
Feeding time!~ The elegance moving a piece of krill to its mouth

Satisfied :)

After feeding time... this would explain the congregation of snails and crabs in the middle

Coco worm, no flash...

nwdyr

Good to hear about the clowns!!!! tank looks awsome, good updated pic's...Hey how is our little Furbaby doing??

K

kat74

Originally Posted by nwdyr
http:///forum/post/2594110
Good to hear about the clowns!!!! tank looks awsome, good updated pic's...Hey how is our little Furbaby doing??
Kobe is doing good! I took his stitches out yesterday and his incision sites have healed well. I still haven't heard back from his pathology report yet - Tuesday will be 2 weeks. I'll call them tomorrow to see if they've gotten it back yet.
I hope you're feeling better and recuperating well at home!~
Originally Posted by fuz_munky

http:///forum/post/2594841
you have a pm
Replied!~

atrialfib22

Hey KAT, glad to hear that your Kobe is doing good! I have nothing but good wishes and prayers for the situation. I can imagine how stressful this all is...
But at least you have one kick@$$ tank to distract you every now and then! I really like your red lobo...and that elegance has gotten huge too!
I enjoy keeping up with your posts and the awesome pictures you put up
Thanks for sharing it all!

K

kat74

Originally Posted by AtrialFib22
http:///forum/post/2595238
Hey KAT, glad to hear that your Kobe is doing good! I have nothing but good wishes and prayers for the situation. I can imagine how stressful this all is...
But at least you have one kick@$$ tank to distract you every now and then! I really like your red lobo...and that elegance has gotten huge too!
I enjoy keeping up with your posts and the awesome pictures you put up
Thanks for sharing it all!
THANK YOU soooo much for your good wishes and prayers! YOU are awesome! I really appreciate it!

Yeah, sometimes the tank can serve as a much needed distraction.... until "reality" sets in.
And yes! The elegance is getting bigger and bigger everyday! I just hope that it stays happy and healthy!

Thanks so much for sharing your comment here. Your input is greatly appreciated!

K

kat74

GOOD News!!~
The vet just called me with the results of Kobe's histopathology. The surgical removal took care of the cancer; there were no "dirty" edges and the cells looked clear from the margin. His mast cell tumor was actually a plasmacytoma. No further treatment is needed and my baby is going to be okay!!

a huge, heartfelt THANK YOU to those of you who kept Kobe in your thoughts and prayers!!