KAT74's 29g Biocube Diary

K

kat74

BTW, Matt... thought you'd enjoy this.... this is just for you.... these are all the clowns I've had since I began this hobby in January of 2007.
My first fish... a little ocellaris. I had him for only a month. It died before I knew anything about checking the SG with a refractometer. My water's SH was at 1.032!

My 2nd clown ever... a true perc. I had this one from February '07 until I rehomed her to get a pair of misbars in January '08, so I had her for almost a year!
(I heard she moved to a 125 gallon reef tank!)

Had this pair of misbars for a little over a month from January '08 to mid February. (They went to a good home with the guy who maintains the tank in our lobby at work)

and now, my current babies... since mid February.

nwdyr

Kat,
I never get tired of looking at those clown's!! they are sooo cool
check out my thread, I had an idea and want to get you'r thought's. Thank's again for the pic's!! also happy to hear you are feeling better!

Hey kat i just bought a bio cube today and i am wondering how did u add the 2 powerheads and the heater? There is no where around the hood to set them and i couldnt tell by just looking at the pics. sorry if its a stupid question but i need to add them there is not flow in there with the stock power head.

halostalker

yea when i got my 28 i took a sharp knife and i cut a little hole in the back of the hood so i can run my powerhead wire. i just started to carve at it, its easy=P

matt b

Originally Posted by awilliams4806
http:///forum/post/2510334
Hey kat i just bought a bio cube today and i am wondering how did u add the 2 powerheads and the heater? There is no where around the hood to set them and i couldnt tell by just looking at the pics. sorry if its a stupid question but i need to add them there is not flow in there with the stock power head.
there should be 2 holes in the back of the hood

blazin2k6

Ok so what is going on with this Thread ? No one posted in 4 days now. Are you guys pm'ing each other and leaving us out? Well hope everythings going well with ya Kat74. Hope to see some new photos soon.

halostalker

yea where are u kate
no one writes in my diary either sometimes i feel like im talkin to my self but i really don't have that much in the tank so i guess thats how it goes.

nwdyr

where oooo where has my little kat gone? where oooo where can she beeeeeeee Hey Kat I am setting up a little frag tank and I am going to sell some frag's on e-bay. The only reason I am doing it is because my doc. just told me I will have another 6-8 month's off work to recover from my next knee surgery
Soooo it's just something to keep me busy,lord knows it's not to make money!! Do you have any suggestion's?? I was thinking just a little 20 gal long,hob filter about 20-30lbs of LR and a Viper clip on 70w light. I just want to break even and keep busy,what do ya think?

halostalker

that sounds pretty sick i would love to start one like that too, how much u paying for a 20 gallon and the viper light? y sand if its goin to be a frag tank don't even bother just do a nice big water change every week=P and suck up all the nitrates out=P
i have a HOB filter i might start one in the future=P
Also good luck with the knee surgery=P suckz thats alot of time u have to stay off from work and u will be doin alot of relaxing just watching ur tank so i bet u won't even need a week to recover=P

nwdyr

Sorry to jack you'r thread Kat......see what happens when you leave us
the Viper is 159.99 and the 20 long is 30.00 I want to use the live sand to cycle faster

K

kat74

I'm heeeere!

Wow, what a week I've had... let's see, back to work after 5 days of being sick, interviewed 2 potential new Doctor's, ended up in the hospital with a stricture in my esophagus, having my 3 1/2 year old niece stay with me for 2 days, (no sleep, constant, on-the-go, super energy)... this is where I've been and why I've been away. I am going to get some much needed sleep and will try to catch up with everything sometime tomorrow!
Miss everyone!~

matt b

Originally Posted by KAT74
http:///forum/post/2519870
I'm heeeere!

Wow, what a week I've had... let's see, back to work after 5 days of being sick, interviewed 2 potential new Doctor's, ended up in the hospital with a stricture in my esophagus, having my 3 1/2 year old niece stay with me for 2 days, (no sleep, constant, on-the-go, super energy)... this is where I've been and why I've been away. I am going to get some much needed sleep and will try to catch up with everything sometime tomorrow!
Miss everyone!~
YAY!!! I know how you feel with being sick!! I have been sick since monday and it is hell!! I have not had any sleep in almost 3 days!!

nwdyr

Hi Kat!!!! sorry you were soooooo sick! hope you sleep well, Talk ot you soon. Hope you feel better also Matt!

K

kat74

Originally Posted by HaloStalker
http:///forum/post/2509261
nice, i like clowns too=P can u try to get a pic of ur zoo's and maybe that other tank at ur job in the lobby?=P

Ummm... the zoa rock was taken to my LFS for store credit.

and I took a pic of the 225 gallon tank in our lobby just for you today and will post it later this evening!

K

kat74

Originally Posted by awilliams4806
http:///forum/post/2510334
Nothing is a stupid question.

There are two openings in the back where the cords can go through while keeping the lid closed. In the far right opening, I have three cords going through there... Koralia 1 cord, heater cord and Oceanic Biocube skimmer cord. On the far left opening, I have the Koralia 1 cord only.