LARGE Plywood Tank Build

B

bonita69

Originally Posted by stumpyfish
http:///forum/post/2484238
Bonita69......you are a harley riders dream wife.............

Yea my hubbie always has jokes for my Jap bike Yamaha V-Star I ride! So I told him don't talk a Lady to death buy me a Harley!!
But he Also gave me a choice New Harley or New 180 reef tank.....OCUCH I have to sleep on that one. I mean there is nothing like ridding and feeling that hog and the sound of the pipe OMG!!!! So sexy!! I mean the smell of leather and the sound of pipes SO SO HOT!!! But then coming home after a good ride and seeing my fishes swim around in a 180 has got to be just as awesome!!BUT

I told him if I had to chose between the 2 and base it on cost my tank would not be a 180!
He said what do you mean, I said well hell 20K buys more than a 180 Reef tank now don't it!!
So I told him he needs to let me KNOW what I can Have of the 2, and not compare them in picking between the 2
Because I would put the ocean in my living room if he wants to get funny!!

acrylic51

I have to dig around and see if I can locate the old pics.....for whatever reason some of the pics seem to be missing from my laptop for whatever reason or maybe I just moved them and don't remember where, but will look for them......
You should honestly go over and check out the guys build thread on his plywood tank.....not as big as yours, but it might give you some more ideas and you'd be able to ask him if there's anything he'd do differently.......I will get you his screen name and get you the info.....It's best to do your searches late at night or during normal peoples work hours.....Since I work 3rd shift it's never an issue usually with searching things.....

stumpyfish

Originally Posted by bonita69
http:///forum/post/2484307
!
I mean there is nothing like ridding and feeling that hog and the sound of the pipe OMG!!!! So sexy!! I mean the smell of leather and the sound of pipes SO SO HOT!!! )
You know, I just bought a screamin eagle harley v-rod.

B

bonita69

He wants to get me the Heritage I love that bike! V-rod those look so sick!! Congrats!!

bronco300

welp today i got quite a bit done today...here are your pictures

Now just to get the rest of the 45s in and it'll be complete...then for the epoxy and glass

justkris9

looks great. just wondering..are you using any nails or screws or just glue.
hurry up and build faster, i am getting impatient.

yannifish

Ok. Thats pretty good. This has been a fun thread to follow, and I'm looking foreword to watching it progress even more! I've got another question. Is the plywood your useing just plain plywood you get from a lumber yard? This seems like a inexensive way to get exactly the tank you want (well, at least more inexpensive than buying a costom made glass tank
).

bronco300

i got it from lowes, you want to get a nicer stronger type but you don't have to go way out...you can get oak if you need it to look real good, but i went with a bit cheaper type because my look doesn't matter that much....the plywood cost around 150 i believe (4 sheets)...greatttt way to get a big tank at a much cheaper cost...smaller tanks aren't really cost effective because how expensive the epoxy is.

bronco300

well i almost got it done tonight, but was too cold and tired so i have only about 4 more 45deg pieces to go....pictures:
This is the tank sitting right-side up

bronco300

Originally Posted by mie
http:///forum/post/2488426
Dude take your garbage and tree to the street.

Looks good, love the step by step.

haha, shutup, it only comes once a week and we missed last week...so there--and for the record part of those are recyclables .

and i'm far from water...i still have epoxy and glass to go, which will be a while for the epoxy since it cant be done in the freezing cold.