lets here it for bush

zman1

Everyone had an opportunity to make money, if you owned any stock in these companies
Largest US oil producers, 2004
thousand barrels per day
BP 827
Chevron Texaco 493
Shell 413
ConocoPhillips 322
Occidental 261
Aera Energy 216
ExxonMobil 213
Kerr-McGee 152
Apache 95
Anadarko 88
These top 10 companies represent 56% of total US oil production.
By Danny Fortson, Andrew Murray-Watson and Tim Webb
Published: 07 January 2007
Iraq's massive oil reserves, the third-largest in the world, are about to be thrown open for large-scale exploitation by Western oil companies under a controversial law which is expected to come before the Iraqi parliament within days.
The US government has been involved in drawing up the law, a draft of which has been seen by The Independent on Sunday. It would give big oil companies such as BP, Shell and Exxon 30-year contracts to extract Iraqi crude and allow the first large-scale operation of foreign oil interests in the country since the industry was nationalised in 1972.
The huge potential prizes for Western firms will give ammunition to critics who say the Iraq war was fought for oil. They point to statements such as one from Vice-President ---- Cheney, who said in 1999, while he was still chief executive of the oil services company Halliburton, that the world would need an additional 50 million barrels of oil a day by 2010. "So where is the oil going to come from?... The Middle East, with two-thirds of the world's oil and the lowest cost, is still where the prize ultimately lies," he said.
Oil industry executives and analysts say the law, which would permit Western companies to pocket up to three-quarters of profits in the early years, is the only way to get Iraq's oil industry back on its feet after years of sanctions, war and loss of expertise. But it will operate through "production-sharing agreements" (or PSAs) which are highly unusual in the Middle East, where the oil industry in Saudi Arabia and Iran, the world's two largest producers, is state controlled.
Opponents say Iraq, where oil accounts for 95 per cent of the economy, is being forced to surrender an unacceptable degree of sovereignty.

bang guy

Originally Posted by ol'salty
So i'll propose another question. If "they" found undeniable proof that Bush was making money off of the oil price increases, would that be the unforgivable crime? I am kinda asking the supporters on this one. Just wondering.
The investment monies for a President are supposed to be in a blind trust. If Bush knows what his money is invested in then yes, that is an unforgiveable crime.
If his investors are putting money in oil without his knowledge and he makes money off it then I don't see how he can be held responsible.

fishy.....

Not to get off topic but,
A bumper sticker I once read sums up the president perfectly.....
A village in Texas is missing their idiot....

phixer

Originally Posted by garnet13aj
I don't like the term "stay the course" but even though I don't think we should have gotten into the war, I agree that we can't just pack up and leave. I do believe we need to go in a different direction though. I think we need to seriously think about how we can give Iraq the equipment and training to stand once again on their own and we don't have to be lording over them whispering to them what they should and shouldn't do and allowing them to be their own country instead of basically a territory of the US.
It means the same thing. By not "packing up and leaving" we are staying the course. I think Pro-active intervention is what is needed until they can fend for themselves.
I dont know how Iraq compairs to the rest of the middle east countries in oil production but the costs to pay for our efforts should be at least partially taken from their own revenues.

aw2x3

Originally Posted by Phixer
The only people who want us to run away are the ones sitting on the sidelines and haven't a clue of what is really happening.
I've stayed out of this because I do not like political debates...no matter what you do or say, you're not always gonna make people see things your way...but this is the best thing anyone has said, during this whole thread.
Originally Posted by Phixer

Much of my political education took place in areas like: Israel, Iraq, Dubai, the EAU, Oman, Turkey, Jebel-Ali, Saudi-Arabia (places like this)
Looks like you and I were educated in all the same "colleges", Phixer.

1journeyman

Originally Posted by Fishy.....
Not to get off topic but,
A bumper sticker I once read sums up the president perfectly.....
A village in Texas is missing their idiot....

More stimulating debate from the haters....

Thanks for once again proving my point. Your Avatar represents this mentality well fishy. The "herd" mentality has started stampeding in the "President Bush is an idiot" direction, and truth and logic are the first victims to be trampled underfoot.

f14peter

Originally Posted by Oceanists
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:hilarious
So Bush came in and waved his magic wand and fixed everything in 6 months.
That is so bogus.

Please explain, I can't make any sense of your post. Not exactly sure where I said Bush waved his magic wand and fixed everything in 6 months.

hagfish

Originally Posted by 1journeyman
That's revisionist history.
A. As we have stated numerous times on these boards "seperation of church and state" is not in the Constitution. In fact, the Constitution gives politicians (and everyone else) the right to express their religion: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances. I've yet to see the President try to force his beliefs on you or yours.
B. Historically the "church" played a significant role in the founding of our country.
Well done journeyman.
garnet13aj, by imposing your lack of belief in those things, you are also imposing your beliefs on others.

oceanists

ead your post wrong ..... but why was everything so bad when bush number 1 was in? Clinton balanced the budget. He was in office and he kept the budget balanced ...... name the last president to do that.

hagfish

Originally Posted by Sharkboy13
1) i cook my own dinner or dinner for the family 50%
2) i will admit im stubborn, but i do listen to other ppl
3) i am fairly independent, i pay for most of my tank, i pay for my own mice to feed my snakes, i make my own lunch, i get myself to the bus evry mornin. i have even paid some of my part of the electric bill form time to time.
Your "independance" was spoken in relation to outside influence on personality and decision making. Your ability to pay for things does not prove you are independant in that way.
Everybody is influenced by others at least a little bit. There's almost no TV show without some kind of agenda any more. And those agenda's are growing quickly these days. The news you've read and heard about the very things being talked about in this thread influence you to believe something.

phixer

Originally Posted by AW2x3
I've stayed out of this because I do not like political debates...no matter what you do or say, you're not always gonna make people see things your way...but this is the best thing anyone has said, during this whole thread.
Looks like you and I were educated in all the same "colleges", Phixer.

I noticed we had that in common too Master Blaster
Remember the smell over there

hagfish

Originally Posted by emmitt2
No, i was half joking about that but really how many people in this day and age go their whole lives without doing any illegal drugs at all? Not very many. Even prescription drugs are illegal if they arent prescribed to you and you are taking them.
It's more than you think. I'm one of them. Just because YOUR friends (presumably) did it doesn't mean the people who weren't in your crowd didn't. I wrote some papers about this kind of thing when I was in college and if I remember right it was well under 50% that had done illegal drugs. That may have changed since then though. But I remember being surprised because it does seem like everyone is doing something these days.

hagfish

Originally Posted by emmitt2
Lol, I was more talking about people born 1970 and after, no offense. I think drug use in college has increased alot and are easier to get(especially designer drugs) since the late 80's.
I'm not saying everyone, very driven people or people who started careers without going to college are much more likely to have not experimented.
Did you go to college Bangguy(I in no way mean that as an insult just curious because of the never used issue)?
I graduated in 2000 (born in 77). No drugs ever. Never will.

phixer

Originally Posted by Oceanists
ead your post wrong ..... but why was everything so bad when bush number 1 was in? Clinton balanced the budget. He was in office and he kept the budget balanced ...... name the last president to do that.

Clinton placed the burden of increased taxes on the working class people. During his tenure the people who paid for the programs that caused a substantial part of our national debt will never use them.

Instead of balancing the budget the right way by cutting the free handouts he created more,making friends and giving the false illusion that our economy was improving. He effectively removed the incentive for many to work hard because the government would provide a safety net. The only jobs that were created were low paying jobs, and with more taxes what good is that? For the first time in history private sector manufacturing was surpassed by government MFG.
Dont be fooled, Clinton put a band-aid over the problem and deferred it.

fishy.....

More stimulating debate from the haters....

Thanks for once again proving my point. Your Avatar represents this mentality well fishy. The "herd" mentality has started stampeding in the "President Bush is an idiot" direction, and truth and logic are the first victims to be trampled underfoot.
Actually I came to the conclusion that Bush is an idiot well before the "herd mentality". When he was running for president for his first term.... back in 2000.
What I find hilarious are all of the people who voted for the nitwit, not once but twice, and now have the audacity to complain about the new Vietnam War he has created. A war that was implemented based on erroneous and deceitful information.

mrsgoose

Originally Posted by watson3

Thats me helping you not learn a new national language..
You got it - thank you! People are too comfortable and forget what it takes to maintain our freedoms. Rock on!

1journeyman

Originally Posted by Fishy.....
Actually I came to the conclusion that Bush is an idiot well before the "herd mentality". When he was running for president for his first term.... back in 2000.
What I find hilarious are all of the people who voted for the nitwit, not once but twice, and now have the audacity to complain about the new Vietnam War he has created. A war that was implemented based on erroneous and deceitful information.
I'm curious how you view the current conflict in it's similarity to Vietnam?
Here's the similarities I see:
*Politicians trying to be Generals
*Media noising around where they don't belong
*Radical Left Wingers calling for "peace" talks with our enemies and blaming us for the conflict
*Our troops fighting battles with their hands tied because of political decisions
*The good being overlooked while the bad is over-reported
*Politicians calling for the end without any kind of alternative plan.
Remember what happened to the S. Vietnamese people after we left. Remember the Killing Fields of Cambodia. Remember the lives of over 2 million people who died in the region.
Ya, this war does resemble Vietnam; And if, as a nation, we don't learn from our past mistakes, if we don't learn what ignorance and cowardice bring, if we don't stand up and refuse to allow politicians to bury their heads in the sand and ignore the dangers that threaten us today then millions more will die.
Just like in SE Asia after we left Vietnam....

fishy.....

I'm curious how you view the current conflict in it's similarity to Vietnam?
Here's the similarities I see:
*Politicians trying to be Generals
*Media noising around where they don't belong
*Radical Left Wingers calling for "peace" talks with our enemies and blaming us for the conflict
*Our troops fighting battles with their hands tied because of political decisions
*The good being overlooked while the bad is over-reported
*Politicians calling for the end without any kind of alternative plan.
Remember what happened to the S. Vietnamese people after we left. Remember the Killing Fields of Cambodia. Remember the lives of over 2 million people who died in the region.
Ya, this war does resemble Vietnam; And if, as a nation, we don't learn from our past mistakes, if we don't learn what ignorance and cowardice bring, if we don't stand up and refuse to allow politicians to bury their heads in the sand and ignore the dangers that threaten us today then millions more will die.
Just like in SE Asia after we left Vietnam....

Political views aside one would have to be truly blind not to see the similarities to the Vietnam War. Granted there are striking differences also.... However -
1. Both wars are being fought Guerrilla Style
2. Like in Vietnam the enemy does not play by "the rules" & is clearly willing to die for their beliefs.
3. The number of civilian casualties are disgustingly high
4. As in Vietnam there is no clear plan for victory and the reasons for going to war in the first place were based on lies.
5. The politicians - namely Bush have given unrealistic time frames and estimates of how much the war would cost and last.
Just look at when the idiot stood on an aircraft carrier claiming that the war was near the end.
6. If the war continues to be run by a similar administration that makes the same mistakes over and over, it will end like Vietnam. We will leave more of a mess than when we started.
More and more lives are lost every day with no end in sight due to the current administrations mistakes....