lets here it for bush

nigerbang

Reganomics was a 8-12 year plan..Look it up...8-12 years later....Ohh yeah Clinton..that right...woohoo slipped my mind...

petjunkie

I agree with changing his avatar. It's very rude and just goes to show how divided this country has become in Bush's reign. Why does liberal or conservative have to be a dirty word?
I'm curious why everyone brings up we haven't been attacked since we invaded Iraq? How many of the hijackers were from Iraq again? Zero, I believe. Maybe we should be in Saudi Arabia seeing as they are every bit as bad as Saddam. Iraq is going to be years of the same thing before we can draw a significant amount of troops out so we might as well get used to it, changing a goverment in a country where no one gets along and half of them want us gone is going to be hard.
I was against this war from the beginning and knew all the info everybody else seems to have just caught on to, that our proof of WMDs sucked and 9/11 wasn't connected in any proven way. It wasn't new info, just not headline info yet. It's funny how the percentage of people who believed these things changed from before we invaded to a year later.

oceanists

Originally Posted by f14peter
Simple economics indeed. Fact is, the recovery that Clinton is so often given credit for actually started during the last year of the first Bush administation. Changes in economic trends usually take roughly a year to reach the general consumer and Clinton's "It the economy, stupid" comment took advantage of that the turnaround had yet to be noticed by Joe Citizen. Thus Clinton basked in the glory of an economic recovery started by his Republican predecessor.
To Clinton's credit, he did simply continue a lot of the programs and practices Bush started, many coming from Bush's 1990 Budget Agreement (Where for the good of the economy he went against his "No new taxes" rallying cry). Guess knowingly committing political suicide because it's the right thing for the country doesn't count for much to some.
Where FishWilly's doubled interest rates comment comes from though, I have no idea. Homeloans? They're usually running around 6%-7% . . . were they really 3% back in the Clinton days? Guess few folks remember the BOHICA interest rates of the late 1970s/early 1980s . . . then they'd really be screaming!
As for more foreclosures, remember that there has been some really absurd lending practices lately . . . those stupid "1% for the first 5 years!" loans that are nothing more than a dangerous trap . . . so many more people purchasing houses during the buying-boom of the last few years hoping to flip and make a huge profit, then caught with their pants down when prices inevitably dropped recently.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:hilarious
So Bush came in and waved his magic wand and fixed everything in 6 months.
That is so bogus.

oceanists

Originally Posted by petjunkie
I agree with changing his avatar. It's very rude and just goes to show how divided this country has become in Bush's reign. Why does liberal or conservative have to be a dirty word?
I'm curious why everyone brings up we haven't been attacked since we invaded Iraq? How many of the hijackers were from Iraq again? Zero, I believe. Maybe we should be in Saudi Arabia seeing as they are every bit as bad as Saddam. Iraq is going to be years of the same thing before we can draw a significant amount of troops out so we might as well get used to it, changing a goverment in a country where no one gets along and half of them want us gone is going to be hard.
I was against this war from the beginning and knew all the info everybody else seems to have just caught on to, that our proof of WMDs sucked and 9/11 wasn't connected in any proven way. It wasn't new info, just not headline info yet. It's funny how the percentage of people who believed these things changed from before we invaded to a year later.

very well put

team2jndd

Originally Posted by Sharkboy13
teachers may try to influence students but most dont listen, my bros talk about their two teaches all the time, ones republican, ones a demmy, they fight like crazy but the kids have been influenced very little by this. my chorus instructor is completely democratic and the band conductor is republican so occasionally as they pass in the halls u can hear "redneck repulican" "loser liberal". my point is becuz our generation is more independant u see fewer leaches who do evrything mommy and daddy say
haha the fact that you are 13 and are going to say that you are republican or liberal shows that you are effected. And 30 extra high next time you want to call somebody a "frikkin retard" spend the extra 5 seconds it takes to use some good grammer and spelling. I doubt that it will help anybody give you any credibility whatsoever, but atleast you wont look AS ignorant when you speak. I don't hold the president to as high of standards as everyone else. I think that if I still have a home and feel safe taking a plane or going to major cities, I have alot to be thankful for. I dont care if its Bush or not, somebody's doing the job and I dont see any reason to look for problems. The war in Iraq is a huge mistake and whoever said that we need to stop playing world police is right. However, there are alot of people (not all of course) in the whitehouse that are alot smarter than we are and I think if there wasn't a legitimate reason, (even if they cant voice it to the public) they would never have started this war. I think its important to realize that we know so little about what really goes on. Bang not to jump on the bandwagon about the avatars but I dont really see why it matters? I dont even know who my avatar is but I'm sure hes no marine biologist. And what does president bush have to do with aquariums? I understand that the comments in his avatar might offend some. However, I'm sure people going around saying things like "frikkin retard" could offend 1 or 2 people.

1journeyman

Originally Posted by FISHWILLY1
Taxes are lower
Interest rates are low
Home ownership is up
More people have health insurance than ever before
Stock market is at all time high
We came out of the Clinton recession quickly, despite 9-11.
THIS WAS ALL GIVEN TO US BY OUR BRIGHT SUBJECT WATSON!!! I AM NOT SURE WHERE YOU LIVE, I.E. MAYBE IOWA? BUT YOUR TAXES ARE ALMOST AS HIGH AS THEY WERE LAST REPUBLICAN, THE INTEREST RATES ARE DOUBLE WHEN CLINTON LEFT, THERE ARE MORE FORECLOSURES ON YOUR "HOME OWNERSHIP" THAN EVER, THE ONLY REASON PEOPLE CAN AFFORD HEALTH INSURANCE IS THEY ORDER THERE STUFF FROM CANADA!!!, AND YOUR MIGHTY STOCK MARKET IS SO HIGH THAT IT IS FORCING ALL OF YOUR MAJOR AUTO MAKERS TO CUT FACTORIES AND JOBS DUE TO NO ONE HAS ANY MONEY TO OWN AN AMERICAN MADE CAR!!! SO BEFORE YOU JUMP INTO YOUR NEW WORLD ORDER THAT HAS CAME AROUND SINCE AFTER CLINTON, GET YOUR STUFF STRAIGHT!!!!!
AS FOR JOURNEYMAN, I AM COMPLETELY THANKFUL FOR THE JOB YOU HAVE DONE SERVING OUR COUNTRY, I DON'T AGREE WITH ALL YOUR VIEWS, (WHILE SOME OF THEM DO SOUND VERY LIBERAL) BUT THEN AGAING IS THAT NOT WHAT YOU WERE FIGHTING FOR?
THANKS FOR TAKING THE TIME TO READ THIS!!!
FISHWILLY OUT!!!
Actually, Watson served in the military I did not, and the list you gave is mine.
Taxes "almost as high".... Doesn't that mean they are lower? Furthermore, are you trying to argue taxes were lower under Clinton? (We're talking federal taxes). If so you need to do your research.
Interest rates are double??? Wrong.
The more foreclosure issue is a straw man argument. The more people that own homes the more foreclosures there will be.
I own an American car. I also own stocks and am making money off of them... I really don't understand your argument here at all.
As for "new world orders", President Clinton, with his bowing to the alter of the UN, put us at much greater risk than the current President.
Look, I'm all for discussing the issues at hand, but you're going to have to know what you are discussing in order for us to do that.

team2jndd

Not to get off topic but our generation is not more independant. Just because a bunch of little punk kids grew up on hip hop and think its cool to be rebelious, does not mean they are independant.

sharkboy13

look i said i was independant dude, i would vote for republican or demmy if the candidate said he was gonna do wat i was hoping he would do, nevr said i was demmy or republican, im not some lifeless drone that is dependant on the word of my parents, nuh uh, i have my own mind

team2jndd

Just because you are too stubborn to listen to other people doesnt mean your independant. Im sure youll listen to mommy and daddy when you need a car. Or better yet... dinner.

1journeyman

teachers may try to influence students but most dont listen, my bros talk about their two teaches all the time, ones republican, ones a demmy, they fight like crazy but the kids have been influenced very little by this. my chorus instructor is completely democratic and the band conductor is republican so occasionally as they pass in the halls u can hear "redneck repulican" "loser liberal". my point is becuz our generation is more independant u see fewer leaches who do evrything mommy and daddy say
Sharkboy, your generation is not more independent. I worked with teens for the past 13 years. Teens today are less educated, less informed of world events, less caring of both, and more willing to follow the herd.
Teachers can "teach" without you realizing you are being influenced. Too many students take what they here and run with it. We're even seeing that on this thread. Someone says the economy sucks, and then everyone jumps on that bandwagon and starts saying "ya, this economy is the worst ever!!".

team2jndd

Originally Posted by 1journeyman
Sharkboy, your generation is not more independent. I worked with teens for the past 13 years. Teens today are less educated, less informed of world events, less caring of both, and more willing to follow the herd.
Teachers can "teach" without you realizing you are being influenced. Too many students take what they here and run with it. We're even seeing that on this thread. Someone says the economy sucks, and then everyone jumps on that bandwagon and starts saying "ya, this economy is the worst ever!!".
Thank you. I'm a senior now and can't believe that the kids I go to school with are about to go out into the "real world" I say that sarcasticly because alot of them wont hold a job until they graduate college anyway.

1journeyman

Originally Posted by petjunkie
Again I say.. (i need to copy this and just start pasting it) Where would you like us to fight Al Qeada? They may not have been in Iraq in significant numbers when we went in, but they sure are now.

sharkboy13

Originally Posted by team2jndd
Just because you are too stubborn to listen to other people doesnt mean your independant. Im sure youll listen to mommy and daddy when you need a car. Or better yet... dinner.
1) i cook my own dinner or dinner for the family 50%
2) i will admit im stubborn, but i do listen to other ppl
3) i am fairly independent, i pay for most of my tank, i pay for my own mice to feed my snakes, i make my own lunch, i get myself to the bus evry mornin. i have even paid some of my part of the electric bill form time to time.

1journeyman

1) i cook my own dinner or dinner for the family 50%
2) i will admit im stubborn, but i do listen to other ppl
3) i am fairly independent, i pay for most of my tank, i pay for my own mice to feed my snakes, i make my own lunch, i get myself to the bus evry mornin. i have even paid some of my part of the electric bill form time to time.
I applaud you for that. That's awesome.
Now, how many of your friends/peers do the same? How many of your classmates will buy their own cars, gas, insurance, college?

cantbstopd

i give baby bush all the credit in the world, for sending our troops over to fight a war that we knew nothing about, dont forget the whole thing started with the fall of the towers......so we got sadam, whoopty do. now no one can control anyone over there. how come we dont have bin laden? did we just forget this, he must be a ghost or something. For our modern day vietnam war, good job bush
BUSH BLOWS.... i almost moved out of the country, thanks to the re-election of the coke head.

sharkboy13

Originally Posted by team2jndd
With what money? You arent old enough for working papers?
i have a small reptile breeding business, small stream, geckos, anoles, bout it. as for how many of my friends r u looking for percentage or actual numbers? im guessing maybe 2-3 of my 10 friends will do that prolly

1journeyman

i have a small reptile breeding business, small stream, geckos, anoles, bout it. as for how many of my friends r u looking for percentage or actual numbers? im guessing maybe 2-3 of my 10 friends will do that prolly
Cool business, glad it is working out for you.
About your peers, see Sharkboy, that's my point. Your generation is more dependent on their parents than ever before. Add that to the fact that they watch less news and know less about world facts and in no way do you have "independence".