Lets see pics of your aquascaping.

ccampbell57

Originally Posted by seeinstars89
How do those two angels do together?
They are best friend. Seriously, they swim around like brothers in the tank. They are the bosses of the tank. Never had a problem with them.

hefner413

Originally Posted by Cooqie
75 Gallon its been up for a while now i just have two clowns 1 anemone brittle stars hermits emerald crabs cbs and flame scallop... waiting for my coraline to grow o yea and i have about 90 pounds of live rock
just wondering... what is your coraline source?

hefner413

Originally Posted by wbradenpt
newly setup from remnants of old 140g
well done wbradenpt!
Here's my 55 gal.

butters

i have a question for you guys with corals on the sides of rocks...
all my stuff is attatched to rubble rock, do you pull your big rocks out and glue the frags to the rock or what?
i have all my frags sitting on top of the rocks, so i got a bunch of flat surfaces lol

W

wbradenpt

Originally Posted by butters
all my stuff is attatched to rubble rock, do you pull your big rocks out and glue the frags to the rock or what?
i have all my frags sitting on top of the rocks, so i got a bunch of flat surfaces lol

you should be able to get some super glue gel from lfs. when you put it on coral it will get a skin on it when it hits the water. just twist it back and forth a couple of times and it will break the skin and adhere to the rock.

hefner413

you should be able to get some super glue gel from lfs. when you put it on coral it will get a skin on it when it hits the water. just twist it back and forth a couple of times and it will break the skin and adhere to the rock.
could you clarify your instructions with the glue? thanks

mrinelfrlz

myself ive glued a few pieces to the rocks and for the most part they have just spead like i was hoping but some dont seem to stay
but i just glue the frags to the rocks straight from the ruble rocks to the LR

W

wbradenpt

Originally Posted by Hefner413
could you clarify your instructions with the glue? thanks
what i've done in the past is obtain the gel type of super glue (it is a little bit thicker), and put a bit of it underneath the coral that you want to attach. when you place it into the tank the super glue will immediately develop a skin, kind of like pudding does in the refrigerator. just continue on and put the coral in position on the live rock that is already in the aquarium. once you have it in position, push it against the rock and then twist the coral in your hand clockwise and counterclockwise a couple of times which will break the skin that had formed around the bead of glue. if you hold the coral in place for about 30 seconds or so the glue should adhere and there you go.

cooqie

Originally Posted by Hefner413
just wondering... what is your coraline source?
My coraline source is the kent kit is that good

hefner413

what i've done in the past is obtain the gel type of super glue (it is a little bit thicker), and put a bit of it underneath the coral that you want to attach. when you place it into the tank the super glue will immediately develop a skin, kind of like pudding does in the refrigerator. just continue on and put the coral in position on the live rock that is already in the aquarium. once you have it in position, push it against the rock and then twist the coral in your hand clockwise and counterclockwise a couple of times which will break the skin that had formed around the bead of glue. if you hold the coral in place for about 30 seconds or so the glue should adhere and there you go.
Ahhh, now I see. COOL! I would have NEVER thought of this. It sounds like it will certainly help me out in the future. thanks!

hefner413

Originally Posted by Cooqie
My coraline source is the kent kit is that good
If you're talking about the Kent marine reef starter kit, then unfortunately it won't do much for you unless the rock you have already has some coralline on it. It just has Calcium, strontium, and iodine. These will help many things thrive, including coralline, but won't actually make new coralline grow from nothing.
The best way to introduce coralline is to have a base rock (without coralline) and add live rock that already has coralline growing on it. The new rock with coralline will be the source and will spread over the base rock.
So does the rock that you have already have some small amounts of coralline on it? If so, then you should be ok - it'll spread. If not, then you'll need to add a source. Another source other than live rock is something called Garf Grunge that has many species of coralline in the mix. Well, good luck!

butters

i purchased some crazy clue gel back when i was given the frags, and i glued them to rubble rock. so, should i unstick them from the small peices and put them on big pieces?
my main problem is that i cant get the shrooms to stick to anything... they get a slimey coat on them and thats all the crazy glue stick to the rock.

W

wbradenpt

i purchased some crazy clue gel back when i was given the frags, and i glued them to rubble rock. so, should i unstick them from the small peices and put them on big pieces?
my main problem is that i cant get the shrooms to stick to anything... they get a slimey coat on them and thats all the crazy glue stick to the rock.
i've heard that mushrooms are easily attached by putting it in place and then finding something to hold it in place until it attaches itself.
since i have a refugium it is easy. i just put it there and since there is almost no current it will attach itself.
i've heard of putting some sort of netting over it or maybe a relatively loose rubber band to hold it in place. maybe tying some string loosely would work? just guessing here. if you do use netting or rubberbands or string then you would just remove whatever you did end up using in a few days once it has attached itself.