Marijuana

nigerbang

Bringing up wormwood is a whole different animal..
You can't walk into a store and buy Abs. Because its illegal, yet you can order it from a computer over the internet from holland, a number of countries in Africa, etc and that's okay..

jennythebugg

Originally Posted by NigerBang
Bringing up wormwood is a whole different animal..
You can't walk into a store and buy Abs. Because its illegal, yet you can order it from a computer over the internet from holland, a number of countries in Africa, etc and that's okay..
ive never even heard of that stuff or half the stuff ya'll have mentioned...junkies

rudedog40

Originally Posted by jennythebugg
don't get smart with me i was making a comment and your attitude is more than likely going to get this thread closed , i am not naive i realize that kids do it i was one myself not too long ago and now i have a 14 year old i just hope that she doesnt get on the internet and tell a bunch of strangers that she does drugs and its no better to jump into a car stoned than drunk

What is it with people on this board who think anytime you post a response to someone's quote, they feel like they are being personally attacked? My statement was an observation jenny. It wasn't making any accusations about your comments to krista. Really don't know how you think my response shows some 'attitude'. I take offense to your attitude that you believe I was personally attacking you. You call this statement 'attitude'?
I didn't take her comments as bragging. Her statements have pretty much described her experiences with marijuana.
If you think that statement reeks of attitude, I'd hate to see what you think of some of the other comments going on in this thread.

oniel21

Originally Posted by Krista921
i think hes sayin to legalize it
and the only people who smoke work fast food???
idk like to see those stats
hmmmm. some of you Pro-legalization folks are really taking offense here. He was simply referring to pot causing munchies...

rudedog40

Originally Posted by lion_crazz
God "created" cocaine too, but does that make that right also? Should we next legalize cocaine because God made it and we trust him over man?
See, I don't have a problem with the cancer patients using medicinal marijuana to help them. However, we already discussed how over-abused medicinal marijuana is and how much of a problem it can become. It was being prescribed to treat foot pains, minor back aches and headaches.
And please - this thread has to stay civil or it is going to be closed. We do not like to close threads, but the name-calling will not be tolerated. If it continues, that is the direction this thread will go.

You ever have a chronic illness or pain? 60 Minutes did like any other news show, they made it look like people who suffer from severe chronic pain were junkies 'picking up another fix'. I have a friend who was recently T-boned by someone on his Harley. Snapped his right leg in two, and pushed the bottom portion of his leg over his kneecap. He's had five different surgeries to get it back to some type of normalcy, and needs at least three more. Thye had to drill this fixture into his leg to keep it stable. He told me he couldn't describe the pain he was having with this thing in his leg. He tried Morphine, Percodine, and two or three other meds to reduce the pain to no avail. Another friend of ours brought him a bag of 'homegrown', and after he smoked two hits in a pipe, he said the pain virtually subsided. This was over a month ago. He has since gotten the fixture off his leg, and is using prescribed medicines for pain management. He hasn't taken another hit of pot, and doesn't plan to.
Like I said, don't criticize what you really no nothing about. You're chastising people for casual use of a drug that sounds like you've never tried yourself. If you don't want to use marijuana, don't. That is your choice. I don't like being around people who smoke cigarettes. The 'side effects' of those is more damaging than what any marijuana smoke can do to your body. Unfortunatly the Tobacco industry has lobbying gurus that will keep that 'drug' from completely becoming illegal. At least they are making some headway to keep it out of stores, restaurants and other public facilities.

darthtang aw

Originally Posted by rudedog40
The 'side effects' of those is more damaging than what any marijuana smoke can do to your body.

WOOOHOOOO!!!! We have another misconception. Typical comment made without the facts.
One Joint has more Tar in it than half a pack of cigarettes. Tar causes cancer.

wfd1008

Originally Posted by jennythebugg
wfd1008 wow, what are you saying there

i'm saying make it legal!!! why not. it's simple, if you are going to smoke (which i have and enjoyed), then you're going to pay for it and get it. If you don't want it then you're not going to pay for it. There are worse and much bigger things to worry about than if someone is in the privacy of their own home smoking a little bud. and yes like i said, more people will look like this
. there's nothing wrong with it IMO.

wfd1008

Originally Posted by oniel21
hmmmm. some of you Pro-legalization folks are really taking offense here. He was simply referring to pot causing munchies...

thank you oniel21 for picking that up. atleast someone got the joke.

wfd1008

Originally Posted by Krista921
all apologies wfd
no apologies needed. i should have been a little clearer. enjoy your tanks.

dragonzim

Originally Posted by 1journeyman
For the legalization crowd; at what age would you make it legal?
21, just like alcohol

nyyankeees

Originally Posted by rudedog40
You obviously haven't been around social pot smokers. I have friends who are very successful business people that smoke pot. We occassionally go to one another's home to have Hold 'Em poker tourneys. While most of us are inside drinking beer, hard liquor, or wine, they go outside and take a hit on a joint. They prefer the 'high' they get from pot instead of the 'buzz' from drinking. They don't act stupid, 'stoned', or 'lazy' after smoking. Most of the time they place in the Top Three of the tourney. Their 'high' doesn't take as long to wear off as somone whose drank even 6 beers. If you saw them at work, or any other social setting, you wouldn't have the slightest clue they smoke marijuana. Fortunately for them, they work in very lax environments, or own their own companies. Otherwise they'd have to worry about random drug tests by their employers. They could get fired for smoking just one joint, but a fellow employee who goes home and drinks a six pack every day after work never has to worry. Which of the two would you rather see get behind the wheel of a car every day?
I agree with you totally and as long as it's a "social" thing like drinking, I see nothing wrong with it. Weed is not like cocaine or heroine you can smoke it on occasion and not automatically be addicted to it, just like every person who drinks doesn't automatically turn into an alcholic. Just for the record, I have not smoked pot once in over 5yrs but I feel if people choose to (as long as it's a situaton that's not harming anyone)that's their choice. Who am I to judge? I did not stop smoking weed because I got addicted, arrested or disapprove of it. It's mostly becaused I moved away and my friends here don't smoke. If one of them offered me a "hit" tomorrow, though, I don't know whether I'd turn them down or not, but that would be MY choice to make.

dlauber

I would say same as alcohol, 21. Because even though it might be less damaging then cigarettes and alcohol its still mind altering...suposively, Ive never tried.
OH and also, even if weed has more tar in it, I have not once heard of weed causing cancer. Tar is not the only thing in cigarettes that cause cancer, so just because there maybe more tar in weed doesnt mean its more likely to cause cancer.
I dont think the tar part is reallly relevant.

rudedog40

Originally Posted by Darthtang AW
WOOOHOOOO!!!! We have another misconception. Typical comment made without the facts.
One Joint has more Tar in it than half a pack of cigarettes. Tar causes cancer.

Normal users of pot smoke 1/10th the amount that an 'addicted' smoker who smokes cigarettes on a daily basis. How many marijuana users do you know that have a 2 or 3 pack a day habit? If you smoked that much marijuana in a day, you'd probably die of a THC overdose (don't slam me on this comment, it's just my opnion, not fact). The point I was trying to make was I dislike people who smoke cigarettes as much as lion dislikes marijuana smokers. Can I do anything about it? No. If someone wants to smoke 5 packs of cigarettes a day, that's their option. But unlike marijuana, it's harder for me to avoid people who puff their cigarettes and flick their buds everywhere on the ground.

krista921

yeaaaa its something outrageous like you have to smoke 16,000 joints in 15 minutes to die of THC overdose. you'd die from the carbon dioxide in the smoke longggggggggggggg before you evvveerrrrrrrr died of thc overdose. and for the age limit, im pretty sure there will always be a black market for pot and it wont matter if i can buy it from a store or a dealer to me