Meowzer's LED build

cipher43

I have 2 of those little moonlight drivers and 8 of the moonlights that rapid sells hooked up to them and on my 120 its got a good look to it i think. may be more than i need but I like it

cipher43

Quote:
Originally Posted by acrylic51 http:///t/387353/meowzers-led-build/920#post_3465401
Quote:
Originally Posted by meowzer
http:///t/387353/meowzers-led-build/920#post_3465385
I like it bright too...BUT I don't think the fish do....I think it takes away from their "night"
Agree.....I have question moon lighting in the past....I understand the reasoning behind it, but when you look at nature, how much of the "moon" actual penetrates the water........

Thats one reason I only run mine for an hour or 2 a day because I dont want to make them have light all the time. They get around 10-11 hours or light with the 2 hours of moonlights

meowzer

WELL...we got the new moonlight thing the other day, but we are on opposite work schedules...LOL.....and to take the light down it needs 2 of us.....Danny says he can change it while it is hanging....BUT IDK....SO Just in case I think I should be here....SOOOOO maybe next Friday....

meowzer

WELL Danny is working on them right now.....SOOOOOOOO They should be done shortly, I have him doing 4 moonlights.....so around 10 we shall see :)

meowzer

.....The lights are done....and work HAHA
SOOOOO about 70 minutes until I know whether I like them or not...ALTHOUGH....when I mentioned that to Danny.....I really got the feeling that I BETTER LIKE THEM.....cause they are staying this way

meowzer

WOOO HOOOOO MAMA is happy.....LOL......3 would have been fine....HAHA....But I htink it is perfect now with the 4
YAYYYYYY

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowzer http:///t/387353/meowzers-led-build/920#post_3467018
.....The lights are done....and work HAHA
SOOOOO about 70 minutes until I know whether I like them or not...ALTHOUGH....when I mentioned that to Danny.....I really got the feeling that I BETTER LIKE THEM.....cause they are staying this way

LOL..So he gave you the look, or was it a psychic message?....You know the rule......pictures????

meowzer

No Flower.....I got THE LOOK.......LOL
I will try to get some pictures tonight, I just have a hard time taking them in the dark and showing how it really looks
P.S. 3 lights would have been plenty
SHHHHH

mr. limpid

Great meowzer, I've been following along but had nothing to offer since DIY I'm not good at. Unless you building addition to your house. can't wait to see you new lights, when got my LED's it was like my corals even sharper in there colors.

S

siptang

I'm so happy all worked out for you Lois!! :)
I can't wait to see the pics!

2quills

Glad to hear it. After happiness, nothing else really matters. So it's been a little while now, what kind of effects have you seen with your livestock?

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Limpid http:///t/387353/meowzers-led-build/920#post_3467054
Great meowzer, I've been following along but had nothing to offer since DIY I'm not good at. Unless you building addition to your house. can't wait to see you new lights, when got my LED's it was like my corals even sharper in there colors.
That's why I didn't comment either...when it comes to DIY...I can't. LOL...

meowzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Quills http:///t/387353/meowzers-led-build/920#post_3467137
Glad to hear it. After happiness, nothing else really matters. So it's been a little while now, what kind of effects have you seen with your livestock?
WELL....My fish are excellent...LOL....BUT due to the "algae" issues I think my corals have suffered some....the BTA's are growing amazingly, as are the leathers, and ricordea, frogspawn, galaxea, and some other little zoas
The SPS
....I have not seen such great things .... Maybe I am just not meant to do sps.....I have growth....just NOTHING like I have seen on others threads....

2quills

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowzer http:///t/387353/meowzers-led-build/920#post_3467143
WELL....My fish are excellent...LOL....BUT due to the "algae" issues I think my corals have suffered some....the BTA's are growing amazingly, as are the leathers, and ricordea, frogspawn, galaxea, and some other little zoas
The SPS
....I have not seen such great things .... Maybe I am just not meant to do sps.....I have growth....just NOTHING like I have seen on others threads....
What kind of SPS may I ask? The algae issues would be one clue and may be THE or A reason for seeing poor results in the small stonies as which you are already well aware. What's happening with them, what do they look like? Sometimes changing over to diy led can lead to an excess of growth from the symbiotic algae in the coral tissue and it will cause some SPS to brown out. While this might not always be desirable for most it doesn't necessarily mean the coral is suffering.

meowzer

I have a sunset monti that is growing....but really slow.....a deepwater acro that is doing very well.....a red planet table that is growing out...not up, a green velvet acro that is doing the same, a purple nana that is only growing out,
I know the algae was an issue.....most fuzzy's are gone now, BUT I still get some of the brownish stuff, but I blow it off everything every few days...IDK....I am going to do a good water change this weekend, and go from there....

2quills

Have you considered the idea that maybe the tank has reached an age where organics over time have finally built up to a point to where the current conditions can no longer sustain a lower nutrient environment without great difficulty?
Those nutrients would probably be at the top of my list of important suspects. Can't totally rule out the light but it sounds like everything else is doing pretty good.
Thought I'd share some pics that I snagged of tanks under diy leds.
Tank under leds for 8 months...

Tank under leds for 1.5 years...

Tank under leds for 10 months ....

Tank under leds for 2 months (I think)...first month second month