mushroom in a blender, I'm going to prove or disprove it

reefkprz

Sorry so much every one that is watching this thread. I have been slacking, lost my internet connection as well as my ability to post new pictures.MIke blend away, please feel free to carry this thread if you can untill I can return. I will post new pics ASAP sorry everyone. there are a couple signifigant growths, and several minor to insignifigant mushroom frags. out of three mushrooms, a red a green speckled and a green striped, the only frags I can fiond of anyt color are the green striped. one red frag the rest are green striped "watermelon" shrooms. I will be back online as soon as I can. Please forgive me.

grubsnaek

its cool dont worry bout it. we knew something was up. sorry bout the jail thing but think about it. hahaha.
sweat an update, nice we have something coming. hope you thought is was humorous to read all this.
thanx

mike22cha

Originally Posted by reefkprZ
Sorry so much every one that is watching this thread. I have been slacking, lost my internet connection as well as my ability to post new pictures.MIke blend away, please feel free to carry this thread if you can untill I can return. I will post new pics ASAP sorry everyone. there are a couple signifigant growths, and several minor to insignifigant mushroom frags. out of three mushrooms, a red a green speckled and a green striped, the only frags I can fiond of anyt color are the green striped. one red frag the rest are green striped "watermelon" shrooms. I will be back online as soon as I can. Please forgive me.
Good to hear from ya! Hey did you get my email and can you answer some q's before I "blend away"?
One mushroom is opening and doing well that is sitting in the back and the other is still alive but not opened and moving from the back to the middle not realy stable. I guess I'll ask the rest on my email. Good to hear you're back Reefkprz.

mike22cha

Crap I was deleting a contact on my email of a guy I never talk to and I accidently erased reefkprz! So can you give me your email Reefkprz or here's the q's I have.
1: Should I turn off my pumps for a couple of days after adding the blended corals to the tank to make sure they land and stablize?
2: Is there too much flow in the tank? The powerhead is off.
3:Should I blend the other mushroom that isn't opened yet anyways?
ETB(Estimated time of blending) 2-3 days.

fishyg

Originally Posted by grubsnaek
i just wonder what the f%ck happened to him. why would you start this thread knowing it would be a hit and just stop. jail possibly, dont know

He probably has a life other than this site.

grubsnaek

everybody get off my back, i was just joshin, this post makes me have 999. and i never once talked bad or got nasty with someone.
i would never wish that upon someone and never will. he posts then nothing, i didnt think he went to jail, i thought something was up. and it was. i was just trying to put humor on the thread. just made the comparison, and to think about it its possible.

isistius

i just got myself a blender to give this a whirl. or frappe.

gonna give it a try with a neon orange discosoma. soon. just waiting for it to get a little bigger......

renogaw

he's posted in the aquarium section that he's having trouble paying his bills and cancelled his internet. give him some time

psusocr1

just put shrooms under halides and good water conditions.. they grow so darn fast i had to give them away all the time,, i didnt ervan charge for them..

mike22cha

I got them under t-5s. I got a HOB power filter and my mushrooms aren't staying still. I'll walk away from the room, there in one spot, then come back an hour later to find them in a completely different spot. I'm afraid to add the blended shroom back.

psusocr1

if you guys did/do this wont they just eventually get stuck in your filters, powerheads, sump, etc? i had that problem when my shrooms pop off the rocks because of overcrowding let alone blending them? any input? also i guess blending a muchroom would be the same as just taking a shroom cutting in through the eye like 20 or 30 times then you would have that many mushrooms , or is the thoery if you blend it all thepeices turn into a frag?
ia lways sunderstood a peice of the eye has to be present for the shroom to frag properly and grow back?? im interested

mike22cha

Ok I blended. I turned of my filter and I'm going to wait till I leave today. I'm afraid I blended to well because I don't see anything. Check out my thread in the fish photography section for pics.

emm0909

You don't NEED to have a piece of the mouth/eye. BUT if you do have part of the center the regeneration process is much faster. Without a piece of the mouth the frag must grow, getting energy entirely from photosynthesis. With part of the mouth they can eat and use photosynthesis.
This was just to prove/disprove a theory. I think it's great but I'm not going to do it. Very interested to see how it works though.
I'm glad Mike is doing it as well with only a sand bottom, no rock. I think the survival rate will be much higher.

H

huskychasrs

Bump, hopefully we can get some update pics!
Mike good luck man!