My 29 BioCube UPDATED PICS

perfectdark

Lets begin again.. I am almost finished with keeping a fishless DT for 8 weeks. My QT is in hypo and will be in hypo for another 2 weeks totalling 3 weeks fishless and in hypo. From what I have been told this is sufficient to break the ich cycle seeing its still in hypo..
My new stock list which will be executed over time.
1 true perc, or 1 saddle back clown-- Not sure right now.
1 Yellow striped cling fish.
1 Midas blenny or high fin red banded goby - not sure about that one either.
3 fish total
and the addition of an anemone shrimp, a bumble bee shrimp and a pistol shrimp.
I also just picked up the new nano size hydor korila power head. Its smaller than the 400 series of the hydor's. Im anxious to try it out, its really small. I will post pics of it when its up and running.

perfectdark

OK well I had 8 weeks to pick out my fish. And today was the day I brought the first one home. It took me 3 weeks of watching a shipment of true percs to decide on this one. It took to my anemone in a matter of 10 seconds after I introduced it to my tank. It is awesmome to watch the 2.
I took some pictures of my tank as its been fishless for 8 weeks now and I have made some minor changes. And I have a couple pics of the perc and his anem.

FTS

paintballer768

They all look so nice. The Xenia seems to have taken a liking to being on the jet? Hahah The yellow button polyp (its probably not a button) stands out well.

peef

YEA! PD is back in action. Did you upgrade your lighting for the nem? I just got the koralia nano fan also, I freaken love it. I had that powersweep PH but it was just WAY to bulky for me. I might even get another of the koralias since they are so small. Tanks looking great!

K

kat74

Looks fantastic!!

SOOOO happy for you that you found such a sweet little perc and to host the anemone too!~

perfectdark

Thanks guys... Its been a long 8 weeks but hopefully all will be good from hear on out. My QT is set and ready for the next hopefull addition.

perfectdark

Originally Posted by peef
YEA! PD is back in action. Did you upgrade your lighting for the nem? I just got the koralia nano fan also, I freaken love it. I had that powersweep PH but it was just WAY to bulky for me. I might even get another of the koralias since they are so small. Tanks looking great!

Thanks man, I am back.. I hope. No I have not upgraded my lighting yet. Its the next upgrade I do. For now everything is cool, why it is doing so well is because how close it is to my lighting. When its out all the way its approx, 4" away from the lights. Because I cannot predict that it will stay there forever I am going to get the 150watt upgrade kit for this tank. Other wise supplemental feedings with selcon soaked food have kept it looking the way it is for almost 8 months now. Yea I love the koralia's too very very nice PH's. I am going to observe the fish for about a week or 2 in my tank once I can see that there are no ICH outbreaks I will frag the zoa's we talked about.

perfectdark

Originally Posted by paintballer768
They all look so nice. The Xenia seems to have taken a liking to being on the jet? Hahah The yellow button polyp (its probably not a button) stands out well.

Thanks yea the xenia for some reason really likes my splitter. And I believe what u are refering too, isnt a yellow polyp. If its on the right side all the way in the back.. then its an orange plate coral short tenticle.

bonebrake

Awesome P.D.! Your tank looks great!

I need to get a decent host for my clowns. I would love to find a RBTA, but I don't want to buy one online I want to find one in person. I'll be starting a thread soon for my 90 gal. - It has been running with fish and corals for about one month now and I got a whole batch of SPS frags last night.

peef

I am going to observe the fish for about a week or 2 in my tank once I can see that there are no ICH outbreaks I will frag the zoa's we talked about.
Sure thing, take your time. I am in no hurry! Again glad your back in action
!!!

perfectdark

Originally Posted by Bonebrake
Awesome P.D.! Your tank looks great!

I need to get a decent host for my clowns. I would love to find a RBTA, but I don't want to buy one online I want to find one in person. I'll be starting a thread soon for my 90 gal. - It has been running with fish and corals for about one month now and I got a whole batch of SPS frags last night.

Thanks.... Yea I snaged that RBTA from one of my LFS that is basically clueless when it comes to live stock. That was only $25.00. I dont think they knew what they had. But the Perc selection was from another FS very trusted and it took me 2 weeks observing a tank with like 8 of them in it. I saw the one that was most interested in a host and had the FS QT it for me. After many failed attempts to get a clown to host I finally got one... Now, if I can only keep him alive..

Great news about your tank Bone.. I am anxious to see it, all I can go by is how your nano looks, the suspense is killing me. But if thats any indication then it is gonna be sweet...

perfectdark

I just scored 2 hard tube coco worms... LOL this LFS I go to is crazy... The guy had them listed for like 3 months as tube anemones and he wanted almost $60 a piece for them. I knew they werent but conviencing a FS owner of a mislabled item is something they seem to take offense too. I just keep quiet and see what gets sold and when.
Well last night I was at the FS and I noticed that there were 2 left in his invert tank but the sticker for the price was gone. So, I asked the owner what these guys were and how much he wanted for them. He said ehh they are just a different color feather duster. O....k... I said sooooo how much do ya want for them? He said I dont care $10 a piece. I was like ohhhh cool i'll take them both... in my head I was thinking... HOLY CRAP... SCORRRREEE. I'll post pics soon, one isnt as big as the other but for the price who cares.

peef

Lucky......My LFS gets a freaken regular ol' feather duster and labels it X-Tra large Duster and sells that for $40 bucks
!!!!!!!!!!! Since I live in the keys they double the price on EVERYthing in their store. I would say 90% of it sits in their tanks, under PC lighting that is about 3 1/2 feet above the water level, for about a month and then dies and is thrown out.
....Makes me feel like Kermit from my pic!

bonebrake

Originally Posted by PerfectDark
Great news about your tank Bone.. I am anxious to see it, all I can go by is how your nano looks, the suspense is killing me. But if thats any indication then it is gonna be sweet...

Thanks for the compliment! The only thing that makes a tank look good (in my opinion) is maturity. It takes at least year or two to really have things grow together and look good. I'll get a thread started here soon some day I feel rambunctious.

K

kat74

Originally Posted by PerfectDark
I just scored 2 hard tube coco worms... LOL this LFS I go to is crazy... The guy had them listed for like 3 months as tube anemones and he wanted almost $60 a piece for them. I knew they werent but conviencing a FS owner of a mislabled item is something they seem to take offense too. I just keep quiet and see what gets sold and when.
Well last night I was at the FS and I noticed that there were 2 left in his invert tank but the sticker for the price was gone. So, I asked the owner what these guys were and how much he wanted for them. He said ehh they are just a different color feather duster. O....k... I said sooooo how much do ya want for them? He said I dont care $10 a piece. I was like ohhhh cool i'll take them both... in my head I was thinking... HOLY CRAP... SCORRRREEE. I'll post pics soon, one isnt as big as the other but for the price who cares.
WOW!! What a crazy, awesome deal!!~

I'm jealous!
Unfortunately, the people at the LFS that I go to would neverrrrrr make that kind of judgement in price for ANY of their livestock! In fact, I have only seen one coco worm and the two crowns were soooo small, but they still wanted $49.99 for it!
You toooootally scored!! Can't wait to see some pics!~

perfectdark

Ok here they are new pics. The cocoa worms were tough to get but I did it. One is definatly smaller than the other, but hopefully they will grow. I took some other pics while I had my camera out.
The Small one

The larger one.

Ive had this its just a green feather duster.

perfectdark

Here are some other random pictures.
I rescued this candy cane about 2 months ago it was almost dead. Only 2 visable heads that were bleached and wouldnt inflate. It cost me $5.00 for it they were about to trash it. Now its rehabilitated and doing very very well...

My bubble coral, this was also stressed for a while when I bought it. Half of it wouldnt open in the FS now you can see the right side isnt as big as the left but its definatly more inflated than when I bought it.

perfectdark

And just a couple more of my clown hosting my Anem... I think its the coolest thing ever...Well maybe not ever but close...