My 29 BioCube UPDATED PICS

perfectdark

Ehhhh what ever its cool. I dont think I pi$$ed anyone off enough yet to where they want to track me down. But hey if I had this will make it easy... LMAO..

peef

Crap, my phone number is still there....ah hah I would never make it as an escaped convict

wooooooooooooooooo 9 pages!!!!

perfectdark

WOW yea huh 9 pages.. sweet. Tonight I am taking some tank pics of my new stuff. Although I dont have a ton, I am waiting on 2 fish. Another white fin pygmy angel, and black and white saddle back clown.

peef

Awesome, I will take a look. I think I jumped the gun with the golden headed sleeper goby I got. Beautiful and friendly but man when they say sand sifting they should label as a bulldozer. So I am going to trasfer asap in to the 46g I get.

perfectdark

Originally Posted by peef
Awesome, I will take a look. I think I jumped the gun with the golden headed sleeper goby I got. Beautiful and friendly but man when they say sand sifting they should label as a bulldozer. So I am going to trasfer asap in to the 46g I get.

Yep I stay away from any sand sifters especially in a small tank. Not only do they make a mess they can stir up quite a bit and I dont want to chance starting a mini cycle. Also be carful of your LR placement now, sand sifters are notorius for excavating the sand your LR is using for stablility. It has happend in the past where peoples LR structures have collapsed because of this. And somtimes this has broken their tanks. Its recomended to have minimal sand under your LR or secure it with putty or rods. I have a pistol shrimp and he burrows but not a lot and is content under his small piece of LR.

peef

ALL of my baserock is on the glass. Then all other rockwork is on that with nothing affected by sand movement. I wanting a sandsifter to help clean the sand but eegads he moves alot. I only have like 2 - 2 1/2 inch SB so I don't think he will start a minicycle but I am monitoring it as much as I can

perfectdark

Originally Posted by peef
ALL of my baserock is on the glass. Then all other rockwork is on that with nothing affected by sand movement. I wanting a sandsifter to help clean the sand but eegads he moves alot. I only have like 2 - 2 1/2 inch SB so I don't think he will start a minicycle but I am monitoring it as much as I can
The other issue to consider is you really dont want to clean your sand. It holds benificial bacteria that your sand sifter will eat. In a small aquarium like the cubes its not out of the question for a sand sifting fish to deplete this bacteria in a short time and steriize your sand bed. You want to stir your sand bed, but not sift it. And have light current provided by one of your PH blowing across it.

peef

Yeah, I am hoping to get that 46 up and running by the end of the month for this reason. The goooood thing is he actually pretty much only eats the same sand over and over and over. He made a big pile in one corner right when I put him in and now he just sits on the pile ALL day and eats a mouthful, sifts, and eats the same mouthful again. So I hope he will be alright for a month. I had asked my wife to get a firefish goby and she came home with this guy because he is, "the same thing" so I tried not to complain we will see what happens.

perfectdark

Ok so it has been a while and I thought it was time to update this thread. I got some new stuff compliments of Peef and Renogaw. I traded peef for some fire and ice zoa's and renogaw gave me some eagle eye zoas for a tube anem and I threw in my anemone shrimp for him because it was getting bullied by my cleaner. Here are some updated pics... ENJOY.
Peefs Fire and Ice, and Renogaw's Eagle Eyes. You can also see that the rock these are sitting on is covered in Zoa's I dont know what color they are but most are purple and some are peach centers. All I know is for $30 I couldnt say no there are at least 150 polyps on that rock.

perfectdark

This is a rescued coral from a LFS it had only 3 small heads on it when I bought it for $5.00 and they were so bleached they were almost see through. Now about 3 months later...

This was only $20 and I couldnt say no I wanted one for a while. Its my newest addition and I am still in the trainning process of feeding.

Finally a decent picture of my cocoa worm 1 of 2 and this one is the smallest.. Not bad for only $15.00

perfectdark

And finally I got the Oceanic BioCube Skimmer, I actually like it. I was skeptical at first seeing its $35.00 price tag but IMO it works really well. Here is a picture of it doing its job.

And Last is a FTS...

matt b

Originally Posted by PerfectDark
And finally I got the Oceanic BioCube Skimmer, I actually like it. I was skeptical at first seeing its $35.00 price tag but IMO it works really well. Here is a picture of it doing its job.

And Last is a FTS...

whats that blue branch thing?

perfectdark

Originally Posted by MaTT B
whats that blue branch thing?
That is a Purple Brush Gorgonian, one of the Photosynthetic species of Gorgonians. Very Bright purple and its polyps are brown when its feeding time.

perfectdark

Originally Posted by alix2.0
your tank looks amazing!

Thank you... and backatcha... I look at yours frequently...Keep it up.

bonebrake

P.D. your tank is looking amazing!

My 90 on the otherhand was doing well, but yesterday I got the bright idea to add a modded Maxijet behind the rocks for some added flow (not that I needed it) and it fell behind my rocks and caused a sandstorm to beat all other sandstorms and all the sand locked up my wavemaker. Needless to say I spent the majority of yesterday soaked in saltwater and today things have cleared up, but I got a lot of work to do to get the wavemaker back online.
Yesterday was one of those days I wished I still had a nano.

perfectdark

Originally Posted by Bonebrake
P.D. your tank is looking amazing!

My 90 on the otherhand was doing well, but yesterday I got the bright idea to add a modded Maxijet behind the rocks for some added flow (not that I needed it) and it fell behind my rocks and caused a sandstorm to beat all other sandstorms and all the sand locked up my wavemaker. Needless to say I spent the majority of yesterday soaked in saltwater and today things have cleared up, but I got a lot of work to do to get the wavemaker back online.
Yesterday was one of those days I wished I still had a nano.

BLAHHHHHH
Sorry to hear that... I hope things turn around quickly for you, I am anxious to see pics.. As good as my tank looks I seem to of caught the plague of the dead fish. I cannot seem to keep one alive latley.
I didnt know you got rid of your nano... I thought you were still keeping that one going too. Well I am still looking forward to seeing your pics soon, I often wonder how things are going with your new set up. Im glad to see you still make contact. Which reminds me, what ever happened to Adair? I remember she had a lot of activity here for a while and you and her lived near eachother. She had major tank woes.. but her fight to get her tanks stable was interesting to read. Then all of a sudden she stopped posting...
Thanks for the props man... I have to admit you helped me the most when I first started out.

K

kat74

GORGEOUS tank!!~

Love it!~ Great job nursing the candy canes back to health!~

Can't believe you got the skimmer for only $35!!~ I had to pay $60 for mine and now, with the addition of the two pieces that were missing from it originally, it won't work!