my 29

alix2.0

the tank & stand are in the barn waiting for me to spray paint the back, once we get all the china pictures off of the good camera ill be posting lots of pics!

matt b

GREAT PIX!!!!! I just fed my tank a few mins ago and man mine is getting used to the tank! He is eating like CRAZY

alix2.0

congrats! im really glad that he's eating & doing well for you.
i know its strange, but every time i see my copperband, and the way his mouth never closes entirely, i get the feeling that he has a stuffy nose! its annoying, because i know how stupid that is, but every time i see him i think about it.

joyfnp

Alix,
Back a couple of pages when you wrote about the shrimp stealing food from the sun coral....Have you heard of using a feeding cage for the sun coral? On another forum I was reading, the reefer used a cut off clear plastic soda bottle top that he used as a cage to keep out everyone else.
Just speculating here, but also what about squirting some tigger pods into a largish net and then turning the net upsde down over the sun coral, that would also work, too...
If for no other reason than the net would scare everyone else off...
My sun coral is looking pretty pathetic, but you've done a good job reviving yours, however you feed it.
Joy

alix2.0

hey joy, thanks for the suggestions. i have never heard of feeding sun coral tigger pods before, im not sure where to get them, but ill definately be looking into that.
i have a soda bottle top that i intended to use for feeding the sun coral, but im always too lazy to dig it out of my magical bucket of goodies.
guess i probably should though.

joyfnp

Actually, now that I think about it and go open the refrigerator door, they're called Arcti pods.l They would be in the refrigerator in your local fish store. The Tigger pods are live copepods for Mandarins. Sorry.

joyfnp

Originally Posted by alix2.0
http:///forum/post/2570043
hey what do yall think of my new $5 zoa frag? i just noticed its in the back of every pic.
BTW, nice job of coordinating the colors of the fish with the frag! I have a similar piece of zoas, orange with brown skirts. They're esp great and fluorescent under the actinics.
Joy

alix2.0

Originally Posted by joyfnp
http:///forum/post/2573546
Actually, now that I think about it and go open the refrigerator door, they're called Arcti pods.l They would be in the refrigerator in your local fish store. The Tigger pods are live copepods for Mandarins. Sorry.

thanks for the info. next time i go to the LFS ill pick some up. ive been looking for some smaller sized foods since my sun keeps popping off baby polyps too small for mysis.

alix2.0

Originally Posted by joyfnp
http:///forum/post/2573553
BTW, nice job of coordinating the colors of the fish with the frag! I have a similar piece of zoas, orange with brown skirts. They're esp great and fluorescent under the actinics.
Joy
yeah mine look a lot better when theyre closer to the actinics, but i dont have any room for them at the top of the tank.

matt b

Nice shots!! I love that bubble coral! I will be over to pick up a frag of it and a frag of the suncoral later