my 29

matt b

Originally Posted by alix2.0
http:///forum/post/2620627
im having an absolute PBITAWA moment. i totally want to smash my aquarium right now.
plus i left my RO/DI on last night.
looovely.
Trust me I know how you feel!! I set up my 1st RR tank with my DIY sump everything was plumbed no leaks I add sand and LR and I woke up and my sump had cracked over 30 gals of water on the 2nd floor. This hobby sux at times! Do you have any idea how he died?

silverdak

really sucks that copperband died... was a goergeous fish! your tank looks great too. I laughed when I saw the first picture and comment on the fish all hiding and you just noticing lol

alix2.0

lol thanks. the other day i took everything apart and scrubbed the $#!+ out of my cyano covered LR, and tossed it all back in. i like the way it looks, but i need more LR, because the way i have it arranged very thickly it makes the top of the tank look very empty.
i was just telling my mom today how much i miss my copperband. not sure if im going to get another one for the new tank though, i was thinking anout getting a foxface, but im not sure?

silverdak

http:///forum/post/2640258
lol thanks. the other day i took everything apart and scrubbed the $#!+ out of my cyano covered LR, and tossed it all back in. i like the way it looks, but i need more LR, because the way i have it arranged very thickly it makes the top of the tank look very empty.
i was just telling my mom today how much i miss my copperband. not sure if im going to get another one for the new tank though, i was thinking anout getting a foxface, but im not sure?
eh maybe its time to try something new?? your tank lol make sure to get some pictures up soon!!! especially of whatever you get for the tank

alix2.0

at this moment my tank is still in bubble wrap, the 20L is actually inside the stand, but we havent turned it into the fuge yet, and i havent even wiped the stand down yet, its still all dusty from the store.

and i wanted it up, like, months ago. lol.
lets see, i got it for my birthday, but i couldnt get it home till early may... june oh ok its only been here for like 2 months. thats not so bad.

silverdak

nah I am still crossing my fingers and hoping for that 14 gallon Biocube for my B-day... doesn't look like its coming tho

then I am at least a month till any fish can go in it... this is a very expensive hobby! and I though my truck was expensive! lol

metweezer

Alix,
Beautiful sun coral. Have you read about mine
They were shipped from puerto rico overnight and the box was all wet. One of the two (front one) was almost completely out of the water. None of the polyps have opened yet (day 4).

alix2.0

i did see those, but i didnt know about the shipping situation. im not exactly sure how to get them to open, except to bait the water with food and hope that they come out. if they dont come out though, maybe if you have some really tiny food, such as cyclopeeze, turn all of your pumps off and squeeze the food over them, letting it settle down into the pockets in the skeleton, and then just let it sit for a while. make sure you blow it off after a half hour or so. some of the polyps may get some, and even if they all dont eat, if you get a couple of them healthy, they will start to reproduce like crazy.
have you talked to the company you got them from? they look so damaged, maybe theyll replace them?
they look very nice, im sure once theyre healthy theyll be beautiful. how big are the pieces?

paintballer768

Originally Posted by metweezer
http:///forum/post/2658005
Alix,
Beautiful sun coral. Have you read about mine
They were shipped from puerto rico overnight and the box was all wet. One of the two (front one) was almost completely out of the water. None of the polyps have opened yet (day 4).
They have to smell food to open. Theres not much else we can do. Maybe squirt a tiny bit of cyclopeeze on top of them ensuring that they smell it, otherwise I dont know if theres much you can do. The front one in the picture is looking pretty bad, if it doesnt open its going to be in trouble.
And alix, thats a great sun coral recovery. Lovin the favia too, youre copperband butterflyfish doesnt pick at corals or inverts?

alix2.0

funny you should mention that. the copperband almost completely destroyed that piece, and then mysteriously died a few weeks ago. its recovering though. i miss the copperband, but i dont think ill be getting another one.
i think i got both pieces of that favia for $5 at a frag swap.

paintballer768

http:///forum/post/2658055
funny you should mention that. the copperband almost completely destroyed that piece, and then mysteriously died a few weeks ago. its recovering though. i miss the copperband, but i dont think ill be getting another one.
i think i got both pieces of that favia for $5 at a frag swap.
Oh man. I thought they only go for inverts. I guess the sun coral was packin a little somethin the copperband didnt see coming.
And thats a steal. Lets see if they color up. Then you can sell frags for a few times what you bought the mother colony for.

alix2.0

i never heard that copperbands went after inverts, mine never bothered them, and i have 3 shrimp. huh. i must have gotten lucky.