my 29

perfectdark

Yea the DVD is cool, the book is more of a "Coffee Table Book" while it gives you information about the pictures it displays its basic and is geared toward making people aware of the dangers the coral reefs face and displaying their beauty at the same time.
The Conscientious Marine Aquarist, by Robert M. Fenner IMO is probably the best guide to beginner and intermediate reef keeping you can get. IMO a must have for anybody new to the hobby.

alix2.0

Originally Posted by nathanrudy9
where can you purchase the book and whatst he price ?
i think mine came from amazon.com for like $28 (w/free shipping). i think its like $40ish at borders. not sure about any DVDs.

perfectdark

Originally Posted by nathanrudy9
where can you purchase the book and whatst he price ?

Google it, lots of places carry it.. I believe its fairly expensive like $ 65.00 or so.

alix2.0

theyre my first zoas... was $30 a good price for them? there were bigger frags for the same price, but i like the color on these ones.

nathanrudy9

i got the book from ---- for $32 with shipping...i dunno it was on amazon.com for like $210 that must be a mistake or i typed in the wrong book....if any1 knows of any dvds that show reefs, or corals or any reef tank related dvd's id appreciate it im gonna try and read these books prob is i always fall asleep when i read....ok ok im also a bit lazy lol...

alix2.0

have you seen the blue planet series (from the discovery channel)? i believe that you can buy the whole series on DVD now. not sure about any others, though im sure theyre out there.

P

pasphotography

Very nice looking Zoa's. I love my Conch's, I have 5 in my 75 gal tank and they do a great job on the sand bed.

alix2.0

thanks everyone. i was kind of regretting the zoas but now theyre all opening im glad i spent the $30 on them. they look great.
i found an asterina star today

cool little dudes.

happy new year's everyone!

matt b

Originally Posted by alix2.0
thanks everyone. i was kind of regretting the zoas but now theyre all opening im glad i spent the $30 on them. they look great.
i found an asterina star today

cool little dudes.

happy new year's everyone!
man ur lucky ive had my biocube up for about 4 or 5 months with a fuge in the back and I still have yet to find 1 of those all i have are the tiny brittle stars..