My New 24 JBJ Nano Cube

blazin2k6

Ok so i have a Yuma that had attached to an empty shell. Well i guess a crab said that looks like a perfect home. So here is a blue leg hermit and his new shell with yuma attached. It naturally attached to the shell. I didnt do it or anything. Have about 5 yumes currently just free floating through the tank . Most are in a spot that i cant reach and not getting any light but i dont want to mess with my rockwork so i left em alone.

K

kat74

Was that the new yuma that you bought???
But you know what?? You've got something unique there. Not many people can say that they have a hermit with a yuma attached to its shell.
I absolutely love it!
That is TOOO cute!!

I thought we had that anemone thing in the zoas figured out??
Is it maybe some type of majano anemone?
and honey, don't get discouraged if you don't get a lot of comments. It doesn't mean that you aren't doing a bada$$ job on your tank or that no one is interested. Some people just skim around on these boards, look at stuff and never comment. I don't let it bother me. There are plenty of times I've posted things in my diary and gotten no comments before the next update and that's fine, and sometimes, it's only the same people, no new comments, and that's fine too. Sometimes it may take me a little while to get back to your thread but I always make sure to check it for updates - you're not gonna get rid of me!~

with that said... LOVE your updates and I just wanna kiss your little blenny, he's such a ham! Does yours ever nip at you when you are working in your tank? The one in my 29 usually scares me to death when he nips at me occasionally and it actually hurts! Then he hurries back to his hole like he didn't do anything!

nwdyr

yea bro, what Kim said. and sometimes I comment like I did above and you don't even acknowledge me hummm
just kiddin bro, that is one AWSOME crab!!!! I have been busy trying to frag some stuff and figure out how to ship and sell. Stop by my place I have a few new pic,s (finally got my camera working again
) as always you'r pics are great

nwdyr

hey i am the last one to post here
still cant get over that crab..too funny!!! hey maybe that floridaric dud is actually some huge company pretending to be some really nice guy from Florida who like birds...hmmm

blazin2k6

Thanks 4 tha comment nwdyr. I dunno about Flricordea but he sure does have lots of RICS. i think he plunders the coast of florida and takes out all those things or something. LOL. Mine sure dont be multiplying as quick as his does. He has something great going on i give him that.

blazin2k6

Trigga22 could you please explain yourself please ? What are Apistas ? And i also would like to know where do you see these things and why would they kill my fish ? ANYONE KNOW WHAT APISTAS ARE ? what is he talking about ?
Coral Keeper, that fish in the 3rd photo is a Hectors Goby. He sifts sand constantly and eats pods of some sort. Dunno what he eats really but i never seen him eat any food i give the other fish and he has actually gained weight so puzzles me. But an excellent personable fish ! Ill take better photos of it next time. Tomorrow check back.

dplantz

Aspita (not sure if I spelled right) is a annoying anemone that can overrun your tank and sting your corals, killing them off and taking over the tank. You can get some Peppermint shrimp to take care of them or some type of medicine.

nwdyr

awesome pic's bro
I really like the clown's and the one of the blenny on the float is cool. Aptasia is a ugly little whitish/clear anemone looking thing. Google it and you can read about it, I get some hear and there, not a huge deal but you need to keep them in check! People mean well but sometimes they freak out when they see them, they "could" kill you'r fish but they have to be a good size and you'r fish have to be pretty small. They do have a powerful sting but don't go crazy you can get rid of them. I usually pull the rock out and get them with w tweezers, If I can't do that I go after them with a tweezers in the tank. Like I said not a emergency but you do need to get them out of there because they do spread but it takes a little time sooo get on them and you will be fine

blazin2k6

I DONT HAVE NO AIPTASIAS OK ? WHY YOU KEEP SAYING THIS. are you talking about that clear looking anemone thing ? That is called a HIDDEN CUP CORAL. Google it :) Its not no aiptasia. Dont you see the peppermint there just chilling. If it was aiptasia he would be eating it away. I have 2 peps in my jbj and 1 in my aquapod. AND NO AIPTASIAS at all :) I posted those pics of that clear looking coral because they are some nice looking pics. GoSH YOu people are so uptight when it comes to bad corals. LOL. even them mojano things on my zoo rock i dont think they are bad neither. I looked something up called Colony Anemone or something think they are called but that clear one is called an HIDDEN CUP CORAL. Glad you like my pics bro ! I AM SO EXCITED SOMEONE IS ACTUALLY TAKING TIME TO CHECK EM OUT ! THANK YOU GUYS !

blazin2k6

Thanks RSweetPea for the comments. Yeah these clowns are some crazy ones but very cool. Dunno what she was doing in this photos. It seems it was after sum type of pods. Lately it has been eating little tiny shrimp i have swimming in my tank. I think they are baby mysid shrimp or something. But its funny to see it diving into the corals and trying to catch em.

blazin2k6

NWDYR, do you not think that is a cool looking coral ? I mean when i got my LR it came on it. You probably have em too. They looked very tiny when i got it maybe 1/4th of an inch. But now when its fully open and happy in the day. It is like sometimes the tentacles are stretched out 3 inches. I feed it and it likes it. Its very pretty i think with its clear tentacles.

dplantz

Could you post your current fish stock list? Im working on one right now and it would help alought. BTW nice tank