My New 24 JBJ Nano Cube

K

kat74

Those are yumas!

Soooo glad that you got them!! They look GREAT!

Did you get them for $50 and is the guy still claiming that they are just some "weird mushrooms"?

blazin2k6

Yep only paid 50 for the entire rock. I am guessing the LR probably would have cost me that alone if i bought it from em cuz they lr is 9.50 a lb. HAHA. So i think i did good :) And thanks for the comments Kat74 and WillLovesFish.
I am so glad they are yumas ! i was thinking it but not sure and yes not only 1 person who usually helps me there but 2 other people working there said the same thing that they arent Yumas and the pointed me to a Yuma By itself that looked just like it. Im like um.... that looks just the same but differnent color. LOL. The single polyp yuma they wanted 40 for it. CRAZY. i got many for 10 bucks more ! WOOT

blazin2k6

thanks for the comments. it really makes me feel proud of my tanks to know someone actually cares to take the time and look at my photos and let me know how they feel. i appreciate it everyone. Thanks :)

vmartino

oh i do enjoy this site. i'm just getting into reef aquariums, and just set up my first nano cube. Been reading alot on this site and ive learned a few things. I've worked at a fish store that carries a large selection of saltwater fish, corals,etc for the past 4 years of my life so i am actually a pretty experienced aquarist, but i've always just had cichlids and reptiles at my house. I'm having a blast though setting up my nanocube even though i take care of five of them at work.

blazin2k6

Thanks for the comments Subielover.
wEll i went to LFS to get me some water to do weekly water change and seen a Hectors Goby i had to get. These lil fish are so cool and nice looking. here are some updated photos. Hope everyone like em.

nwdyr

Never saw one of those befor Blazin, very nice addition! Wish I had room for another fish!

blazin2k6

I know, Aint they so cool looking. I am gonna put like 10 fish in this tank.... JK. I am finished with fish stock. I have 2 B/W Clowns, 1 Yashia Goby, 1 Hectors Goby, ??1 Mccoskers Flasher Wrasse( Guessing got lost into the tank and finished off by Nass. Snails.) Still never fiound any type of remains of that fish. Never had an ammonia spike so i am thankful of that. And thanks for the comment. Ya mustve been posting on mine when i was posting on yours.

K

kat74

Oooh... I've never seen a Hector's Goby before. That's a cool looking goby! Is it a sandsifting one? Does it bother the yashia?
Love the new pic of your yashia and pistol!
How are your yumas doing??

nwdyr

be careful what you wish for!!! I wished for room for another fish and my firefish died last nite
don't know what happened

subielover

Your new goby is awesome, great color. Quick question
, do you always just get water from your LFS to perform your weekly water changes?

blazin2k6

Kat74, Yes he is a sand sifter a bit. He sifts a tad bit but nothing like a orange spotted diamond goby or diamond gobies. He mainly eats pods and sifts a bit of sand. He hasnt even gotten near the part of tank where my yashia is yet so. He has found a cave in the rock and hasnt left that area too much.
Subielover, yes every week i buy the water there saltwater that is, And my RO water i get from wally world.

Nice looking new fish. Tank and fish are looking really nice. I love your rock, looks like you have really good coraline purple alge growing

halostalker

wow such a nice tank blazin=P i love the shrimp goby pair u got going (i would so wana get a pair like urs but im afraid that the pistol shrimp will hurt little inverts in my tank)
really nice picz lol thats what im lacking on my diary heheh
i'll keep coming by to read more=P

halostalker

yea i was readin ur thread and i noticed that ur lost ur wrasse.
i have been studying saltwater fish my self and acclimation is still a little iffy in our hobby i know that if i take my urchin from my old tank which was at like 70f b/c it had no heater and i chucked him into my new tank which is at 78 without acclimation and i know he won't die lol(experience) as soon as he hit the rock he ran for cover and was out the next 2 hours grazing. as for fish i know also some fishes my friend bought and would come home and just temp them and then chuck them in and they were fine no breathing or anything wrong....
But what i gather there are cases where the fish is stressing a bit and him getting put in ur tank could of made him weak and he could of died(maybe not crossing my finger).
So im wondering how exactly did u acclimate him? i know that i would first temp the water to mine for like 15min, then i would start adding small portions of water every 5-25min depending how the fish is doin.
I have never had a fish die from acclimation i even had a friend who never acclimated and he still never lost anything?
so what i gather is maybe me and my friend are lucky that the LFS has water similar to ours and sometimes u might not get that and the fish can get really stressed.
well im just interested in how u did it for the wrasse maybe we can shed some light on the cause
Also if u can lose a fish im afraid i will lose all my little inverts in my tank(check out my diary)https://forums.saltwaterfish.com/t/305358/halos-28jbj-reef-invert-nano-diary
nice job on ur tank keep us updated=P