my new 24gal jbj nano

nwdyr

Thanks Blazin! I will just leave him/her be. I also have some weird little white balls at the water line, they kinda "hatch" into weird looking little pieces of white coral looking thinks, no face or nothing they dont even look "alive" weird. I think i found them online said they were protozoans??? I dont know...whatever they are they seem harmless... Just another cool/weird hitch hiker

nwdyr

can anyone tell me if and how you can "frag" a brain? I never fragged anything, it seems impossible to frag a brain coral but if you know how please let me know. My breain is growing by the min.
its HUGE I may have to trade him in soon he is kinda taking over my tank!

blazin2k6

How do you take care of that Brain Coral ? My LFS was trying to get me to get one but i dunno what they are about or anything so i passed up on it. He was trying to sell me a beautiful one kinda like yours but it was bright red for like 30 dollars. Probably shoulda gotten it huh ? I'ma pick up a McCoskers Flasher Wrasse and SOME BRIGHT PINK zoos tomorrow so come leave a msg on my thread. MAAN. No ONE LEAVES Msgs , 1 Million views and only 8 msgs LOL. Exagerrating a tad bit. But everry thread i view i try to at least say nice looking pics or something. Seems everyone is just too busy to even do that.

nwdyr

Thanks blazin, I will check out you'r thread. They are filter feeders but every now and then I place a piece of shrimp in his "mouth" and he seems very happy

blazin2k6

Seems these people pick 2 or 3 peoples threads they want to respond to and they stay there and dont go to look at anyone elses threads. I think i'm going to quit commenting on everyone elses threads also for awhile. LOL. Seems like we are always theonly ones responding to ours as well. Oh well. Its fine with me. dunno what to do about your brain.

nwdyr

well thanks for the responce. i guess we are not the cool kids huh? lol I did find out it is almost impossable to frag a brain so I guess I will just trade him in, I hate to he is really cool , just too big!

blazin2k6

yeah i'm going for 10,000 posts like all those other people but i'ma make sure its just on mine and your thread. HAHAHAHAHA. Pz out. Im going to bed.

K

kat74

I love how your tank is coming along!~ Looks nice! I love that feather duster and the zoas! I know what you mean about not being able to capture the true color of them on camera!
Looks like you're having the same problem with your brain coral that I am with mine. Mine is HUGE and is taking up the whole middle of my sandbed. I'm looking for a red open brain now, so when I find one that I like, I'm going to see if I can trade it in. See if your LFS will let you do that too.
Don't give up on your thread here. It's been "quiet" around here for awhile... Just keep posting your updates and if no one comments, don't let it bother you. At least you'll still have your very own tank diary to look back on and see how far you've come.
I comment to mine all the time even if no one else responds!
Now... if I start asking questions and then answering myself, I've got a problem there!

nwdyr

Thanks Kat!! I think my Brain just grew another 2 inches while i was reading you'r comment
I think my LFS will take it on trade, I went there today but the owner was too busy. They just got a shippment in and omg there was some amazing stuff!! I spent like 2 hours there, and of corse I came home with some really nice yellow Polyps, I will post a pic later after they come out of hidding. I have 2 pepperment shrimp that have become very bold latley! anyone know if they can damage anythong? they just seem to attack everything I put in the tank, including me!!! if I put my hand in there for anything they jump on my hand and pinch me! it don't hurt but i can feel it. Just wondering if they are known for causing any damage

K

kat74

Love the yellow polyps! I see that it looks like you did some rearranging of your corals? Moved the pink cabbage leather to the top, right?
I'm going to be rearranging my whole aquascape as soon as I can because I am just not happy with it the way that it is. We had to remove everything out of the tank to catch my two misbars because I'm getting a pair of Picasso's and well, you can never put things back the way they were no matter how hard you try! I just don't like how large my cave is now, doesn't leave me much room for corals.

Anyway.... keep up the great work on your tank and let's see who gets a replacement brain first... me or you!

nwdyr

Wow thank's for noticing! I did re-arrange things allot, I tend to get bored easy
and my turbo's caused a crash! So I traded the 5 big ones in for smaller ones. What do ya know bigger is not always better
I also got 12 Asteria(sp?) snails today too I just love those little guys! I am already thinking of my next nano tank. i never had one b4 this one, but I gotta tell ya I am hooked. All I have to do now ids find a women who is ok with me spnding like 1,000.00 on another 24gal tank
Well maybe I will just stay single

K

kat74

Originally Posted by nwdyr
http:///forum/post/2476468
Wow thank's for noticing! I did re-arrange things allot, I tend to get bored easy
and my turbo's caused a crash! So I traded the 5 big ones in for smaller ones. What do ya know bigger is not always better
I also got 12 Asteria(sp?) snails today too I just love those little guys! I am already thinking of my next nano tank. i never had one b4 this one, but I gotta tell ya I am hooked. All I have to do now ids find a women who is ok with me spnding like 1,000.00 on another 24gal tank
Well maybe I will just stay single

HAHA!~ Yeah, it's easy to get addicted to these nano tanks and to keep wanting more and more... I'm at my max tank size though because I keep my tank in my office at work, and that is just as big as I am probably allowed there! We have a 225 gallon FOWLR tank in our lobby. I started out with a 5 gallon Hex with just LR and an occelaris clown, then moved up to a 6 gallon, then moved up to a 14 gallon Biocube, all within a year!

I'm excited about all of my new additions this week and will be posting updated pics soon!
You keep this thread updated too!~

nwdyr

Hey Kat.
I talked to my lFS and they said they would love to have my giant brain!!! So I will post some pic's tomarrow of the new stuff I get in the exchange. I am said to see him go
but happy about new pieces!

blazin2k6

Nice lookin yellow polyps, and everytime i go to LFS i seem to stay in there for an hour or so as well. HAHAHA. Fish are cool i guess.

nwdyr

thanks blazin! I am sure I will be there for at least 1 hour today tyring to figure out what to get to replace my brain!!!!