my new 24gal jbj nano

K

kat74

Wow! You found a gorilla crab! Those things are ugly and fierce looking!
Glad you got it out! Sucks that you had to rearrange your tank to do it, but hey, at least your tank will have a new look now!

Can't wait to see an updated tank shot and a pic of the new hammer!
You know.... now that I think about it, I wonder if I have any bad hitchhikers in my tank? My tank is in my office at work, so I never see what goes on between 6pm and 8am the next day and all weekend, and I know that's when the "freaks" come out. Nothing out of the ordinary has happened yet.....

nwdyr

My first attempt at "fragging" my cabbage coral, looks painfull!!!

Container has some rubble rock and shroom's, another first attempt at "fragging"

nwdyr

Forgot to tell you, my feather duster, in the middle of the tank suffered a accident. I wa trying to "gently" pull him out of the roskd when..oops... I pulled too hard and his tube came off
I hope he will recover!

K

kat74

Wow!! What a really nice hammer! Now THAT is a true hammer! I absolutely LOVE the way that it looks like it is cascading down the rocks.
Is that a shot of the feather after damaging the tube? If so, I'm sure that he will be okay and will just rebuild.
Oh! and ummm.... you may want to go back and edit a little word in the "another first attempt at" phrase under the last full tank shot.

blazin2k6

HAHAHHAA. YEah you might want to fix that word bro and lets hope you not trying that for a first attempt but hey thats you and if thats what ya like ... LOL.

nwdyr

OMG!!!!!
What a dork,
well.....anyway....... no blazin thats "not me" lol thanks for the comments and I will double check my spelling next time!!!!!!!

nwdyr

Originally Posted by dskrezyna
http:///forum/post/2487527
I turn my head for one second and look what youve done to it! Wow! Very impressive. I bow down to you.

Hey bro , good to see you back!! thank's for the comment, I have been looking at your thread I hope everything is going well

blazin2k6

oh and wonderful coral by the way. I think my next coral i am going to buy a spaghetti leather or maybe this rock of yumas i seen at the lfs. The guy told me it wasnt yumas but i just know it was. THEY WERE HUGE ALSO. About 4 inches in diameter. 50 dollars for a rock of like 10 yumas. cant beat that.

nwdyr

Yumas? I will have to google that , I am still learning the names. I am sure when I see it I will say oooo ya Yumas
thanks for the comment.

K

kat74

Originally Posted by Blazin2k6
http:///forum/post/2488759
HAHAHHAA. YEah you might want to fix that word bro and lets hope you not trying that for a first attempt but hey thats you and if thats what ya like ... LOL.

Poor thing... I bet he's gonna do a spell check with every post from now on!

K

kat74

Originally Posted by Blazin2k6
http:///forum/post/2489132
oh and wonderful coral by the way. I think my next coral i am going to buy a spaghetti leather or maybe this rock of yumas i seen at the lfs. The guy told me it wasnt yumas but i just know it was. THEY WERE HUGE ALSO. About 4 inches in diameter. 50 dollars for a rock of like 10 yumas. cant beat that.
If you know that they are yumas and the guy said it isn't, you better grab that rock for $50before he realizes what they really are! Around here, you can't even buy a single yuma for $50! A single orange ric costs that around here... can't imagine what a single yuma would cost!

nwdyr

Ready for this...... I found another Gorilla crab last nite!!!!!!!! and of course he was in the biggest rock at the very bottom of my tank
soooo
I had to take EVERY rock out, break in into like 4 smaller pieces to get him out, and as if that wasent bad enough I found one that was a little baby!!!! My tank looks terrible!!! I could not get it to look anything like it did before, I was up til 2:30 am trying to get it to look good again , but could not. For the first time I am sooooo un-happy with the way it looks and also very worried about more of these little basterds. I had a rock with new little zoo's on it that I just loved and now it is not visable, due to the new arrangement. I was going to by a new fox coral today but dont know if I schould because now I dont have a good place to put it!
If I was not such a man's man I think I would actually shed a tear!!!!!!!!
I think I will stop doing my "nite search" and just let nature take its course!!!

K

kat74

Dang! ANOTHER gorilla crab?? Sorry to hear that!
I know how you feel about having to rearrange everything in your tank and not being happy with the way it looks. This happened to me 2 weeks ago. Just wait til things settle and then slowly rearrange things. You might surprise yourself and be happier with the way it looks. I'm a little happier with the way that mine looks now, though now I need to find something to do with that huge cave opening I have now. I may just end up filling it in with more LR and leaving only a small opening.

Sometimes change is good... hang in there... shed a tear if you have to.

You won't lose your "man card".

nwdyr

Thank you Kat!!!! If you continue to be soo nice i will have to marry you

I did a little more "arranging" just now and I may be seeing some light at the end of this tunnel! I am going to the LFS now and going to buy that fox I saw there on saterday, and I am also going to get some small LR pieces and see if I can start to make sence of the "new" scape. I will post pics tomarrow and maybe you can give me some advice. Thank's again!!!!!

nwdyr

My new little fox, He is still a little in shock from the trip home!

New FTS still not reall happy with it, but it si a work in progress

as usual the camera dont
do it justice, picked this one up today also. Now Iam feeling a little better

another FTS