my new 24gal jbj nano

nwdyr

What do you think????? He is far enough away from other corals, I know he can reach out and sting stuff. Of course I was looking for a cheap small piece that I could exchange the brain for evenly but I saw this guy and just had to have him!!!! hope you guys like him

blazin2k6

Nice choice and what beautiful pics those are. New camera ? or you learning more about it ? the detail is cool.

nwdyr

Thank's Blazin!!!!!!!! yes I saw this guy and it was love at first sight
I am just trying differant settings on the camera, still soooo much to learn, thanks for noticeing the differance.

nwdyr

Well.... it's been a concern, but he seems happy, I feed mysis shrimp,Phyto and flake food. Some how he lives, but I never actually "see" him eat. I hear allot of stories about them starving to death but i have had him foe a little over a month and so far so good

nwdyr

Can anyone tell me what this is?????

I am sorry to say I forgot the name of this coral, and he seems to be doing poorly, all of a sudden he is getting "dark spots" and over all just dont look good, so I am trying to get more info on him and see if I can save him. My water tests good and everything else is doing well, but like everyone I am concerned due to the small amount of water in these tanks, I know it wont take long for one piece to effect all of them!! Please help A.S.P thank's
bump

nwdyr

well I bagged him and he is hanging in my tank in a breeder box so he can't effect the water if I don't hear any advice here I am bringing him tto the LFS and see what they say, I really hopr to hear from somebody here though

K

kat74

I love the frogspawn! Your picture detail is niiiiice!

The other coral looks like some kind of brain to me...
It doesn't look bad to me. It's hard to tell in the pic because the color looks so translucent, but is there any part of the skeleton exposed or is the flesh receding?

nwdyr

That is a old pic, I tried to take a new pic of it but the damaged parts dont show well, It looks like the flesh part in the middle is tearing off. like I said it also has some dark spots where it used to be bright white. It looks pain full! in a couple of spots's there are "holes". like the skin was peeled and now you can see into the next layer
I still have him bagged and I think I will just bring him to the LFS today and see what they think. thank's for the comment and the help, nobody else care

nwdyr

Thank's for the comment! looks like I just lost my first coral, that piece is getting worse...o well thsts life in the reef!! still dont know what happened, everthing else is ok and the water teats good so.......

K

kat74

Sorry to hear about your loss.
Did you ever get a chance to take it back to your LFS to see what they thought, or did you just call it a loss?
But you know... sometimes things just don't make it for whatever reason. Our water quality could be perfect and stuff still dies or fail to thrive.

So, whatcha going to get in its place?

I got a new fox coral today. I've never tried one of those, so we'll see how well it does in my tank. I ordered a "custom zoa rock" and a ric rock from an online retailer and I am finally supposed to be getting it next Tuesday! I can't wait!

nwdyr

yea I called it a loss, it was really falling apart. I was actually thinking about a fox or candy coral as my next piece. hmmm maybe I will checkout my fav. LFS tomarrow, I am picking up my son and he loves to help pick stuff out!! although he did pick that piece out
anyway on ward
I will check out you'r new stuff!

nwdyr

HI all!!
I was up late last nite and looking at my tank with the moon lights on, I had a feeling that i had a un-wanted hitch hiker lurking...so I had my handy mini mag flashlight. So I was looking in all the caves I normaly cant see during the day....and.... wow!!! I found a Gorilla crab ahhhhhh!!!!!!! little ba$%^#$ . sooooo of course he was in a rock on the bottom of the tank so I had to re-arrange the whole tank!! then I couldn't get the jerk out of the rock so I had to break it in half, now he is in a bowl waiting to go to the LFS. He is a evil little guy , but I still didnt want to kill him! thank god I dont have a social life and was able to get him out of my tank!!! I wonder if he had anything to do with the mystery death of my coral piece the other day???? for that I schoiuld kill him!! o well I guess I just dont have the "killer mentality
" another day...well nite... in the reef

nwdyr

Hi, me again
I kill me !!! anyway, went to the LFS today with my son, He has taste like his Dad!! he picked out an awsome piece of Hammer Coral! I will post pics later when he opens all the way. The color is an amazing florescent green

nwdyr

Hi, this is marks son vinny we got a new coral its the best. When we get a pic of it I bet ur gonna like it
bye bye

nwdyr

yes it is , it is the Nano size. I forgot what the GPH was, but I did try the #2 and it was to big.