My (un-original) 55 Reef Diary!

H

heart & sole

Originally Posted by <3Scopas55
http:///forum/post/2600396
Yes, im not planning on adding the wrasse for another 3 weeks or so...i think i might ad some sort of softie in between there though, any suggestions on a first coral for a reef noob???

Also I was wondering if since I was planning on getting one anthias male, could i get a pink square??? My lfs always has a few males and they are soooo stunning!!!! If i could have one I would do this

zoas, mushrooms, GSPs,ricordias, are some really easy corals to tank care of and would be some good soft corals to start out with.
As far as the Pinksquare Anthias i would't until you get a bigger tank.

H

heart & sole

Originally Posted by <3Scopas55
http:///forum/post/2605268
How long should I wait to get some easy corals??? I would love to try some shrooms soon???

you can start adding your corals when your trites are at 0. I would add the shrooms and wait about a week or so and see how they do. If they look good you are pretty much set to start adding more easy corals. Make sure your calcium is up before you add the coral.

<3scopas55

Hey guys, i am sooo sorry for not posting for such a long time again!

I just went out and bought a strawberry basslet (psuedo) to add in with my (now unfortunatly only 2) chromis. It is definitly not shy!!! As soon as i put it in i poured in a little live brine to distract the chromis and it immediatly came out and started eating! I was so surprised (and relieved) because ive never had a fish do that

Anyway, Ill post some pics tommorow even though the tank is going through a pretty nasty algea bloom...
Also im going to add some shrooms etc. next time i go to the lfs!!! Wish me luck

<3scopas55

I was really thinking that I shouldnt add any corals until I get the algea bloom under control. Is it just because the tank is new??? Its been so long since Ive set up a tank and the only thing I remeber from my first one was it getting TONS of cue tip sponges...

Anyway, I was wondering if I should get anything to help get rid of the algea or if I should just let it take its course??? Are there any inverts that would sift the sand bed and rid the rocks of red slime and hair algea???? If you have any ideas , let me know!

fishkid13

First did you make those sump drawing in Paint?? Anyway looks good i would save you money and get a really good Protein skimmer so you dont have as many problems. That pipeing looks different is it coming out of the skimmer box?? You are doing good!

<3scopas55

Thanks
, I did make the drawing in paint.
Yeah the skimmer is doing really well right now and Ill keep it until it cant handle the load anymore. The piping is a little strange because it is made to be an in sump OR hang on so the pipes kind of stick out weird...