NASCAR Fantasy League

scotts

Well I went to set my team for the race and found out that I got 11 points for qualifying. Uh OH! I will have the same team as last week.
So Spidey, what does hubby say about AJ this week? It is either him or Travis Kvapil for my C team.

spiderwoman

PS I got 18 :)
AJ is hot, unfortunately I didn't make my team selection on time so I'm stuck with either Brian or David Reuteman (Brian!). Of those 2 you list I'd go with AJ. Travis does have more track experience but mainly in a truck.

scotts

Yeah I am going to stick with AJ. I mean he did win his way into the All star show. Let's just hope he can stay in there for all 600.

t316

18 here too, but I did make the change

Let's burn some rubber boys (and girl), it's time to start my march to the front of this field.

spiderwoman

What a race! Now this one had action for every taste. I thought I'd fall asleep after first 100 laps, but that's when the action started happening.
I'm not expecting much points from this race

digitydash

Yea it was a good race.I just wish Vickers could of made it without being wrecked.He would of gave me some good points the way he was running.

scotts

What a race!
It seems like the worse place to be was leading the race.
You never knew what was going to happen. That Vickers thing was just crazy. That would have been BAD if that tire went into the stands.
But WOW, even 2 laps to go and Tony and Denny hit the wall. I would have had a great day if the old SS device had not struck Jimmie Johnson. But I still jumped over T3 and am now in 3rd

digitydash

Originally Posted by SpiderWoman
http:///forum/post/2621471
Wow I'm now 4th in points!!!! If Brian had made it to the finish, that would have been sweet for the team.
He was runnig with all of the the fast cars last night.I think he would of been their at the end if he didn't wreck.oh well
The team is looking alot better though.

t316

Originally Posted by SpiderWoman
http:///forum/post/2622252
Did I just pass you?

Yes you did pretty lady. But I have no intentions of sitting back and doing nothing about it. Look for a little "hard" bump drafting coming up.

scotts

Spidey, can you ask hubby what the HAAS team did? OK the fines and points penalties are tough, but to keep their cars.....WOW!!!

aquaknight

I did find this about the penalties:
Both cars were found to be in violation of Sections 12-4-A (actions detrimental to stock car racing) and 20-3.1.3A (wing mounting locations were not as specified by the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Rule Book).

I think that means they tried to raise/lower the wing? It also mentioned that Jr. and Tony Jr. faced similar penalties at Talledega last year. They used illegal bolts that were slotted or drilled out or something, that allowed the window to flex, IIRC? Would be interesting to exactly what happened though.
EDIT: PS, I did find this to be interesting as well,
Gene Haas, who actually owns the fledgling two-car team, began serving a two-year prison sentence for tax evasion in January. The team is widely believed to be for sale, and two-time NASCAR champion Tony Stewart has acknowledged he’s received an offer to buy the organization.
This round of penalties should drop the purchase price, as the points deductions are a significant setback to a pair of cars already running at the back of the field.

scotts

Thanks Spidey, I feel kind of stupid now, but I really do want to know what they did.
Aqua, I know they did something to the rear wing and that NASCAR was going to send a message with this violation. But they confiscated the cars, so that is really tough. I am just wondering what they did to get such a tough penalty.
Funny about HAAS isn't it?! The dude is richer than I could ever hope to be, owns a very successful CNC manufacturing Company (I actually interviewed for a job there many years ago) Yet is so greedy he did not pay any taxes and is now sitting in jail. Kind of like the guy that started the band NSYNC. He has been runing a pyramid scheme for decades and is going to jail for the next 25 years.

spiderwoman

I agree Scott. I will find out what the specs are... Nascar is always so #(*&$#&$# unclear on what really was wrong. Here is what JaySki.com is saying on the matter. (That site is not a competitor in SW field.)
Haas CNC cars impounded: The primary cars of #66-Scott Riggs and #70-Johnny Sauter of Haas CNC Racing were impounded by NASCAR when it was discovered the rear wing mounts were illegal prior to Saturday's Sprint Cup practice. Both teams will be allowed to use backup cars and start in the back of the field in Sunday's Coca-Cola 600. Both teams also face further punishment by NASCAR. Dale Earnhardt Jr. was docked 100 championship points and crew chief Tony Eury Jr. fined $100,000 and suspended for six races last season for toying with the rear wing. Riggs had qualified 13th and Sauter last. NASCAR spokesman Kerry Tharp said the violation was discovered after it was brought to the governing body's attention there might be a problem with the location of the upper wing mounting points. Inspections are not a normal part of the pre-practice routine on Saturday. "The garage I would say is a fairly self-policing area,'' Tharp said. "We follow up on information we get."
PS That is a great site to see a lot of the insider info that isn't show on Nascar.com

scotts

OH no! Another site for me to spend time on, I don't even have enough for this site. Although school is out in 2 weeks.
This is more the penalty that I am talking about as fasr as them taking the cars.
The penalty also includes NASCAR's confiscation of team 66 Serial Number HMS 12 06 415 race car and team 70 Serial Number HMS 04 08 507 race car.
Have to love NASCAR, they do not fool around and they will do what they want to do. I remember once they were upset with Rusty Wallace's engine so they did an engine tear down, in front of all the other teams. So everyone could see what they were doing in their engines.