NASCAR Fantasy League

aquaknight

For the amount of money Red Bull has spent in motorsports the last couple of years, their American F1 team, Robby Gordon's offroad stuff, the airplane races, and now in Nascar, I can see why their antsy to do something to get some production. After 3 failed qualifying attempts, there definitely is something not clicking with the team.

spiderwoman

Actually 2 failed qualifying attempts... California qualifying got rained out and AJ didn't even get a chance to try. He is a really good driver and the team clicks, it's more of a combination of the equipment working at the same time. They've had to make a lot of changes in the car, most at very last minute. All of those because of Toyota didn't do their part and let them know at a late minute. That's the beauty of any sport, so many things have to click at the same time in order to get good results. The top 35 is a really crappy deal because for both Daytona and Vegas where AJ did a qualifying run, he would have been in the game without the top 35 locked in.

aquaknight

Ah, right about Cali.
Originally Posted by SpiderWoman
http:///forum/post/2503811
..He is a really good driver and the team clicks, it's more of a combination of the equipment working at the same time. They've had to make a lot of changes in the car, most at very last minute....
Well, the equipment is designed, built, and operated by people, so there's a fault somewhere. Mike Skinner's been around the block a few times and I'm sure he will hammer the kinks out. I don't think they should have taken AJ out once he's already in there. He is far more "PR-able" then Skinner is, if sponsorship is a worry. IMO, everyone expected AJ to come in and perform like Juan Pablo and the others. He is a good driver, he got to where he is today because of it, I think it was just too much too quick.

digitydash

Money is not everything in motorsports.Also they maybe behing the 8ball with the new cars compaired to the bigger team.JMO Maybe it tempary.To have him iron out whats going on with the car.He is a not a rookie and can probly give them a little better feedback.He is a toyota homer to.

aquaknight

I thought the same thing, the Gibbs teams were the only Toyotas doing well, but look at Brian Vickers, he's 13th in the standings, one spot out of the chase ahead of Johnson and Gordon BTW. The imparity between the teams probably rose some eyebrows.

spiderwoman

Right now their main objective is to get 84 in the top 35 so that is why Mike is in. I dunno how many races it's going to take. Life is so much easier when you are inside the top 35 because you don't have to fight you way into the races and you get the seat time. I'm hoping this works.

scotts

As soon as I heard about the change to the top 35 I hated it and I STILL hate it. It seems if you are not it in to begin with it almost impossible to break into it.
It seems odd that they did not tell the team about the driver switch.

spiderwoman

Originally Posted by Scotts
http:///forum/post/2504438
It seems odd that they did not tell the team about the driver switch.
Hubby has been out of the loop since Sunday because that is when he got home and didn't check his work cell phone until this morning when he headed for work.

scotts

http:///forum/post/2504441
Hubby has been out of the loop since Sunday because that is when he got home and didn't check his work cell phone until this morning when he headed for work.
OOPS! But then it is great that he got some time off and took the time off, not keep checking on his work and looking at NASCAR dot com. Did he set up your new 135?

spiderwoman

http:///forum/post/2504449
OOPS! But then it is great that he got some time off and took the time off, not keep checking on his work and looking at NASCAR dot com. Did he set up your new 135?
when he is off, he is off :)
Our 135 has grown into a 150 which arrived yesterday and now we are hunting for a new stand/canopy and waiting for other components to slowly come in. Mommy has to wait

aquaknight

Well Scotts, looks like you're in the clear, they don't 'dock' fantasy owners like nascar does since the fantasy points are based on what position they got. And since Edwards keeps the win (1st), you keep the points. I obviously disagree since there's no way he would have driven back through the field as fast as he did to get in contention for the win. I can see how trying to nail down a percentage or points penalty gets sticky though.

scotts

Hey Knight, Who says cheaters never prosper.
I still get the points.
But in all fairness to you all I decided to make the crappiest choices this week to make up for the points I would have been docked.
Well I don't know if I made the horrible choices on purpose. I have absolutely NO idea who to choose this week

scotts

http:///forum/post/2505926
Looks like this weekend might get qualifying rained out again... not looking great tomorrow weather wise...
WOW That sounds like Michael Waltrip's luck from last year. If qualifying get's rained out then your team is going to have a really rough year.

aquaknight

http:///forum/post/2505882
But in all fairness to you all I decided to make the crappiest choices this week to make up for the points I would have been docked.
Well I don't know if I made the horrible choices on purpose. I have absolutely NO idea who to choose this week

I wouldn't. Picking all crappy drivers would be far more of a penalty relative to the 100 points Edwards got. If you really feel bad, and you didn't replace all your picks, just omit a Class B or Class C driver, and run the guys you would have. The average 50 points or so they get is about what the penalty would have been if yahoo charged a penalty.