NASCAR Fantasy League

stdreb27

I really don't blame tony those tires sucked. Goodyear freaked way out after one of nascar's goldenboys almost ripped his head off.

jtrzerocool

i only caught the tail end of the race...i had no idea that most of the drivers were complaining about the tires...i would be very embaressed if i was goodyear...

stdreb27

Originally Posted by jtrzerocool
http:///forum/post/2510778
i only caught the tail end of the race...i had no idea that most of the drivers were complaining about the tires...i would be very embaressed if i was goodyear...
I was all excited about it but was serious dissapointed and my driver was in the top 5.

aquaknight

Yea, they managed to slow the cars down to times from 20 years. Granted the COT isn't as fast as the old car, but certainly should faster (at least at Atlanta) then the cars from 20 years back.
Real test will be Darlington in May. The way Goodyear is designing the tires, for that race, they just may be using those Fred Flintstone tires lol.

scotts

I bet you could get some Johnny Benson stuff real cheap.

I had some driver decals/cling on numbers on the back window of a car I used to have. I liked having those and that might fall in the $15 price range.

aquaknight

Well, I think maybe might get something for my mom. I think she likes Jr. so something under the Women's Gear? Doesn't have to be under $15. Spidey, any input?
If not, I'm probably get the Kevin Harvick Pilsner Cup set. Under $15 with shipping and would be a conversation piece when we drink lol.
Originally Posted by Scotts
http:///forum/post/2513259
I had some driver decals/cling on numbers on the back window of a car I used to have. I liked having those and that might fall in the $15 price range.
I thought about this one, but just can't bring myself to put one on my car. I already get enough comments.

stdreb27

Originally Posted by AquaKnight
http:///forum/post/2513670
Well, I think maybe might get something for my mom. I think she likes Jr. so something under the Women's Gear? Doesn't have to
be under $15. Spidey, any input?
If not, I'm probably get the Kevin Harvick Pilsner Cup set. Under $15 with shipping and would be a conversation piece when we drink lol.
I thought about this one, but just can't bring myself to put one on my car. I already get enough comments.

It isn't that I'm not a fan I just can't put a sticker on my car. Any sticker they just look bad. I might be ok with a pickup and a racers number on the back. But no I just can't.

aquaknight

I got her this shirt, cool right? (FWIW she's closer in age to 35, then 50, so keep that in mind). It's her Birthday tomm. so that kills two birds with one stone.

spiderwoman

Originally Posted by AquaKnight
http:///forum/post/2515180
I got her this shirt, cool right? (FWIW she's closer in age to 35, then 50, so keep that in mind). It's her Birthday tomm. so that kills two birds with one stone.
Sorry I saw your question too late. If it were me receiving the shirt, my choice would have been the black
D. Earnhardt, Jr. Ladies Tee on the first page
Black is always good :) white and green... puke

scotts

Originally Posted by SpiderWoman
http:///forum/post/2516302
Black is always good :) white and green... puke

Come on, cut young Knight a break. He searched far and wide to order his mom a birthday present the day before her birthday and he had to pay for it with the money that was given to him for placing third in a contest.

BTW tonight is the deadline again. So how will it shape up for Bristol this week? Where you can go from leading the pack to in the garage with a little nudge at the wrong time.

spiderwoman

I really like Bristol. I've been at the garage and pit area a few times some years ago and I remember how deaf you become in the noise. It is unbelievable! Don't even try to use your cell phone when you're inside there.
This weekend is going to be another huge question mark for teams. Denny is really good there, so is Tony and I remember Robby Gordon being another bad boy.
It's calling for rain tomorrow for qualifying, but there are only 46 cars listed... Interesting!

scotts

You reminded me that they worked on Bristol so there is a second groove. Plus with the new car there were not near the number of cautions. To a purist like me, who likes to watch them race, I enjoyed the race. But I wonder if the popularity of Bristol will decline in the coming years with fewer crashes.
Just more things to think about for the race. I have already sold my soul to the devil to use the Bush Brothers this year, I CAN"T do that for Robby Gordon.
You know with how the rain is following NASCAR around they should move a race to that place in the south that is having that awful drought. That should make it rain there.

spiderwoman

The drought area is NC/SC and we have been getting some rain now. Bristol is only 3-3.5 hours from home but them being in the mountain area, the spring race is always *wet*. I remember seeing people in the little tent villages going through mud UGH

stdreb27

Originally Posted by SpiderWoman
http:///forum/post/2516777
The drought area is NC/SC and we have been getting some rain now. Bristol is only 3-3.5 hours from home but them being in the mountain area, the spring race is always *wet*. I remember seeing people in the little tent villages going through mud UGH
Where you there with the snow a couple of years ago?
I don't mind less wrecks, it does get boring watching car go around under cautions and a 15 minute red flag in the last 20 laps is really annoying. But the problem is when the leader starts lapping everyone and their grandma and 13 guys end up on the lead lap. Alot of cautions help out with that. I am curious about this second groove and to see if it actually helps out.
BTW does anyone remember which track they had to share pit boxes at?