New 28G Nano Cube for Horses :)

al&burke

Is there eny problem with the magnetic back part being in saltwater. I often thought of hanging one of my smaller PH off the overflow box.

meowzer

OK...It's in!!!! I had to notch a little spot on the lid for the plug though.....Right now it is stirring stuff up, BUT I think I need to let it LOL...I might have to make some minor adjustments though, we shall see
LOOK the horse is looking at it like....is that food????

1guydude

ya id let some of that go and get suked up in the filter! looks like u got it though

Al i wouldnt think it would bother it, the other magnet thats just like it is in the water!

teresaq

nothing. They are fine. My male has cayno right now lol hazard of leaving tank for a week, and needing more flow. Horses often get algea on them, you can try and whipe it off, but it wont hurt them

meowzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresaQ http:///forum/thread/383946/new-28g-nano-cube-for-horses/540#post_3380795
nothing. They are fine. My male has cayno right now lol hazard of leaving tank for a week, and needing more flow. Horses often get algea on them, you can try and whipe it off, but it wont hurt them
PHEW!!!!!! The smaller (light) one had a piece hanging off so I siphoned it off of her.....LOL....I just added the Koralia nano yesterday....SOOOO I hope that helps
I'm making water too....LOL....figure I'll do a w/c when I get home from work tomorrow night.....

al&burke

Horses need grooming and brushing everyday, their hooves need to be picked clean, OH sorry wrong forum, LOL.

novahobbies

LOL I have on occasion taken a small baby toothbrush to my girl when she gets too much on her. It's a super soft bristle...but even then I'm very gentle with her. She does NOT like it.
Welcome Back T!!!

meowzer

LOL..it freaked me out Rick...I went to feed them dinner and saw this stuff hangin off one ..and was like NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.......I thought it was shedding, and then one didn;t come to the dinner table :( so I got nervous...LOL....
(did you get my pm?)

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by novahobbies http:///forum/thread/383946/new-28g-nano-cube-for-horses/540#post_3380949
LOL I have on occasion taken a small baby toothbrush to my girl when she gets too much on her. It's a super soft bristle...but even then I'm very gentle with her. She does NOT like it.
Welcome Back T!!!

When I had my horse back when I was a teen, I used to Lift his front legs at the knees one at a time to make sure he had no pinches from the saddles cinch...my mother said that just any time she half expected me to start burping my horse before riding him.

Brushing ones fish to get algae off is a new high for lovingly caring for our critters. You have officially out done anyone I have even known.

meowzer

WELL...the red sea fan seems to be doing better in the 54G with more flow.....not GREAT YET, BUT it has little dots on it which I am guessing are its polyps.....

meowzer

A while back a put a nano koralia in.....you really can not adjust them like you can the others....DO you guys think a Koralia 1 would be too much for the horse tank????? I am still NOT satisfied with the flow
OH YEAH.....I just did a water change and dosed the 1st does of Aquabella.....a probiotic that Dan from SH site recommended.....You get 6 syringes....add 1-5 the first 5 days and the last one in 90 days
supposed to make a HUGE difference in water quality
I would link it buit not allowed :( so google Aquabella Water treatment

teresaq

as long as there are places they can get out of the flow, you should be fine. Just be sure they cant get a tail in it.
T