New 28G Nano Cube for Horses :)

luvmyreef

Wow Meowzer! This tank has come a long way. Looks very nice.
But girl, how can you keep up with this many tanks?
LOL.

meowzer

I lost a horse this morning

I have no clue why....Every morning when I first get up (even thought the tank lights are not on yet) I got in the fish room and check the tanks....something looked odd, so I used the flashlight and saw one of my horses laying in the feeding dish.....it was not breathing :( SO i removed it....NO MARKS or anything....it looked perfect.
When I gave them breakfast....One dove into the bowl as usual, the small one just waited for food..LOL....and the other large one stayed hitched to a colt waiting for the food to come to him I guess.
I do not have time in the mornings before work to do a heck of a lot, so I threw together about 6G's of SW so it might be ready to use tonight if I need it
So all I can do is see what happens when I get home today and then do some tests I guess

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowzer http:///forum/thread/383946/new-28g-nano-cube-for-horses/580#post_3389160
I lost a horse this morning

I have no clue why....Every morning when I first get up (even thought the tank lights are not on yet) I got in the fish room and check the tanks....something looked odd, so I used the flashlight and saw one of my horses laying in the feeding dish.....it was not breathing :( SO i removed it....NO MARKS or anything....it looked perfect.
When I gave them breakfast....One dove into the bowl as usual, the small one just waited for food..LOL....and the other large one stayed hitched to a colt waiting for the food to come to him I guess.
I do not have time in the mornings before work to do a heck of a lot, so I threw together about 6G's of SW so it might be ready to use tonight if I need it
So all I can do is see what happens when I get home today and then do some tests I guess
OH that's just aweful!!!! I'm so sorry. I hope the others will be alright.

meowzer

Thanks guys....My husband is home today, so I have him checking them for me....so far the other 3 seem to be fine (YAY)
I guess I won't have to worry about them being over crowded now :( Surely 3 will be fine in this tank ....I will NOT be replacing it

meowzer

Well gave them dinner.....2 are in the dish, and one is still on a colt up top......just waiting for something to come to it I guess

Water tests fine.....I'm gonna wait and do the w/c tomorrow so it mixes for the full 24 hours, and I don't really want to disturb the tank right now
OH....I FINALLY got to see the 2 striped gobies "play" they were out on the sand "skipping"

meowzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresaQ http:///forum/thread/383946/new-28g-nano-cube-for-horses/580#post_3389270
Sorry for your loss - can you tell, was it the one with the tail problem??
NO, it wasn't. The one with the tail problem is actually the biggest horse....it's very odd...BUT sometimes we get up and a fish is dead....right

someone once said "Sometimes they just die"
I think it was Henry All I can do now is watch the others....I mean they all look fine...so I guess I'll watch for abnormalties....and hope this was just a fluke :(

teresaq

tis true- they are fish and sometimes fish just die. your tank is set up properly, and you are doing everything you are supose to be. Just watch the others.

meowzer

LOL...cool and bumpy.....Well their "ridges" are definitely defined....
you need to update your thread too

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowzer http:///forum/thread/383946/new-28g-nano-cube-for-horses/580#post_3389319
LOL...cool and bumpy.....Well their "ridges" are definitely defined....
you need to update your thread too
Yes I suppose I should....maybe tomorrow. We have some bad storms coming through right now, temps are going from the high 90s to the high 60s..the winds have picked up but no rain yet. I'm on the laptop not plugged in....I don't get on the desktop computer in bad weather.
Anyway, my horses are pretty smooth. I don't know if they are turning red with a hint of green or just getting covered in algae. They spend most of their time stiffening up at each other chasing the one little famale.

teresaq

does it have the ingredents on the package?? I know you can use chemi pur but not the elite because of ferric iron oxide
only use products with Ferric Oxide Hydroxide
T