New 28G Nano Cube for Horses :)

meowzer

WELL....since my macro hitchhiker has literally turned into a bush..LOL...tomorrow when I do my w/c I am removing the fake plant to the left of it, and repositioning this "bush" in the corner
look at the size of it...LOL

teresaq

yah, I kinda pocked a round a little and didnt see anything. Those would be nice for my canister filter though. Maybe pm greg. He and Renee research products quite a bit. Maybe they will know.
Sorry.
T

flower

Any idea what it is? I looked in my macroalgae book and all I can find that even remoetly looks like it is called Liagora, a red macroalgae. Here is a picture and the info on it.
Species of Liagora feature soft, gelatinous branches, that are moderately calcified. Depending on the species, they range in coloration from pale pink to deep purple. A rather compact plant that is native to moderately shallow, pristine environments up to 60 feet deep. It is seldom seen in the aquarium hobby due to the delicate composition, but is often encountered on imported live rock from both the Pacific and Indonesian oceans as resident algae spores. Not much is known about the care of this species in the aquarium, but with the increased interest and demand for decorative macro algae in the United States, it should become more available for culture.

meowzer

Peppermints.....I have lazy seahorses...LOL....they wait for them to come to them.....and then eat them....the little horse is more active though...go figure

meowzer

DO seahorses need light?
I want to limit the lights on the SH tank for a few days to see if I can get rid of this WHATEVER it is.....cyano....dino....IDK.....SO I am gonna have the lights come on in the morning for feeding....for an hour
then from 4-8.......will that be okay for them?

teresaq

Yes, They dont really need light. lol Natural room light will be enough. I dont run lights on the babys until I feed. Just run enough for your macros and corals.
T

gemmy

Now, I have a dumb question. Do you have fake ornaments in your tank? I had a fake rock that had coralline, zoas and mushrooms growing on it. When this rock was in my tank, I would go through bouts of cyano. Now, that I do not have the rock in the tank I am cyano free.

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemmy http:///forum/thread/383946/new-28g-nano-cube-for-horses/600#post_3390628
Now, I have a dumb question. Do you have fake ornaments in your tank? I had a fake rock that had coralline, zoas and mushrooms growing on it. When this rock was in my tank, I would go through bouts of cyano. Now, that I do not have the rock in the tank I am cyano free.
Is it possible that the rock was blocking water flow? I have had all kinds of fake rocks that seeded just like live rock over time and never had any issues of cyano. I even have a huge fake coral in the 90g right now for support on my big cave and never had cyano.

meowzer

WELL.....lights came on at 6....and there were a few blotch's that I siphoned out......fed the horses, and the lights will go off at 8.....
I will do this till Friday...that will be 4 days.....Saturday I will run them a little longer, and go from there
Does that sound like a good plan