New 28G Nano Cube for Horses :)

1guydude

lol its some kind of micro algae...ill look hang on! I think its gelidiaceae acerosa. Says its good for herbivor fish; forms sparse carpets on the sand; also tough and wiry...

novahobbies

LOL red, brown, whatevah. I was too tired to look clearly. Either way it looks like a tasty tangy treat to me...

meowzer

I'm gonna let it grow in the horse tank as long as it's noy poisonous....LOL.....maybe they will hitch on it when it gets big enough....maybe I will feed some to the 225G if it grows enough
we shall see

flower

I have the exact same stuff growing on my tube worms tube, I think it's harmless but I can't find anything like it in my Macroalgae book

meowzer

Ithink it could be this

• Common Name: Red Weed, or Red Algae

• Scientific Name: Agardhiella tenera
    Description: Coarsely bushy red algae with rounded branches tapering at base that can grow to a height of 1 foot tall.

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowzer http:///forum/thread/383946/new-28g-nano-cube-for-horses/520#post_3379503
Just read some more....definitely good......and a tang favorite too...yayyy....so if it grows large enough we can break some off and feedthe tangs

It looks like the perfect SH tank addition. I love the red macro algae, and I have a little bit growing and hope it will continue. I always had such bad results on the 90g for macros. The SH tank is smaller but seems to be more stable and easier to keep up with. I have it loaded with soft branching corals.
How is that little yellow feeding dish working out for you? I had to remove mine, the food got trapped under the legs in the feeding station so I removed the dish and let them just eat at the shallow bowl shaped in the feeding station itself.

meowzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower http:///forum/thread/383946/new-28g-nano-cube-for-horses/520#post_3379507
It looks like the perfect SH tank addition. I love the red macro algae, and I have a little bit growing and hope it will continue. I always had such bad results on the 90g for macros. The SH tank is smaller but seems to be more stable and easier to keep up with. I have it loaded with soft branching corals.
How is that little yellow feeding dish working out for you? I had to remove mine, the food got trapped under the legs in the feeding station so I removed the dish and let them just eat at the shallow bowl shaped in the feeding station itself.
AND IT'S FREE!!!!!!!!!! LOL...The best part
I wish I had taken this pic for hitchhiker week....haha....cause it hitchhiked in somehow

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowzer http:///forum/thread/383946/new-28g-nano-cube-for-horses/520#post_3379528
Flower, if it's good.....I'll take it....even a little piece of bottom of the barrel algae

My first hitchhiker was a majano...I thought it was the coolest thing in the world at the time, I was so happy and it grew and became two, then three. I was so proud. LOL..And then someone told me what it was. So I suppose after thinking about it, a little chunk of GOOD anything is nothing to complain about.

meowzer

Well I took the red sea fan out....it was a HAIR ALGAE MAGNET
I had to trim it, but now have it in the 54G right in front of a PH.....
The GBA is popping up in various places :( When it is small it is almost impossible to get out.....I'm gonne let some get bigger and then try to remove them....I DO have 2 emeralds in there, BUT who knows
still having accumulations of brown on the sand....siphon it out here and there.....Probably should add the Koralia nano, BUT not sure where to put it...can't put it on the back of a cube, and it doesn't turn enough to put on the back side and point up........guess I'll have to play with it
EDIT: I also only see 2 green banded gobies at the same time ....I could be missing one....hard to say for sure cause they like to hide in that tall fake plant in the back corner

meowzer

HMMM...I have a thought on placing the nano Koralia.....I really want it either on the left or right back wall....blowing straight out
OF course with cubes, you have the back section for filters and whatnot......BUT.....I am thinking I can put the nano on that back wall, and slide the magnet in the back compartment...I definietly need some bottom flow
I will try this later and let you know how it works out