Nike's 10g Nano.

nikesb

you can see the difference the new bulbs have made. Brings out much more of the green now and the purple almost seems white

nikesb

I have finally reached 1500 with my mg. Going to raise by 20 ppm a day to get to 1600 and see what that does. I'll posting day by day pics to see how it works on the gha and bryopsis in my tank

nikesb

I have chosen these two spots for the daily updates.
DAY 1:

as you can see much of the tips are turning white already and ive had to catch a couple of floating algae today as theyre peeling away from the rocks

meowzer

Originally Posted by nikeSB
http:///forum/post/3215708
I have finally reached 1500 with my mg. Going to raise by 20 ppm a day to get to 1600 and see what that does. I'll posting day by day pics to see how it works on the gha and bryopsis in my tank
Are you watching your inverts? I was told that raising the mag would kill all the inverts.

nissan577

as i read and read for a while now
couple mins by not raising it more then 100ppm then you will do no harm to the inverts.

nikesb

yehp. Been raising at 100 ppm max per day. now that i'm at 1500 i'm going to be raising it 20 ppm per day until 1600. I've had only one invert die and that was a snail but it had nothing to do with the mg. it was attacked by my porcelain crab lol. the sps have polyp extension to the max! my millepora has so much extension the pink cant be seen and it looks brown cause the polyps are just brown lol

nikesb

i checked on the tank the morning and found two snails on their backs! I was like oh no, until I saw the wrasse picking on them. Moved them to the glass, and they sucked on right away. No ill effects yet

nikesb

Spanko, I'm using the BRS solution of magnesium and it seems to be working.
runner, I am raising my mg because i have bryopsis everywhere. mg is supposed to kill them, but i think its something else thats combined with it. maybe the sulfate

spanko

I have always read the Kent Tech-M the best thing to use in this case. Other supplements have had mixed to poor results. Hope it works for you. Looks to be.

nikesb

I've read that too, but the mg came along with my kit so I decided to try it out. Evil suggested that the gallon solution would work but not their MG seperate recipes, seems to be the case. If this cant get rid of it. I will lower my mg down to 1300 over the course of 2 weeks and bring it back up to 1600 via tech-m

nikesb

day 3

its starting to thin out. I've been reading around and others have been bringing it up to 1700. I am at 1600 right now and i will try for 1700 if I dont see it completely just coming off tomorrow while i siphon it. Others have had to leave their mg high for a month to see a complete turn around which i might have to. I have noticed one thing though, the GHA and bryopsis that are shaded by seem to be unaffected by the Mg which seems to be the result in many cases. Its suggested that theyre not consuming the fatal product because photosynthesis is not occuring at the same rate as those that are exposed directly to light.