Nike's 10g Nano.

nikesb

I wish the pics had something better to take of than this damned algae. I think thats one reason those polyps arent expanding does the algae is in the damn way!

nikesb

the mexicans and hermits wont do a dink to the bryopsis. the sea hares are a hit and miss for it too. i got my acans from my lfs. its reefpets, the origin of the famous purple hornet zoas

nikesb

day 4:

i picked at it today during the water change but it didnt just fall off easy like others suggested. gonna keep raising it. but it does seem to helping. the hair algae is alot easier to take off now. this seems to have more effect on the bryopsis than the hair algae. also got a new zoa colony, will post up alter

nikesb

The bubbles in my tank are mostly caused by the hair algae. the bryopsis doesnt really create alot of bubbles from what i've seen.

meowzer

Originally Posted by nikeSB
http:///forum/post/3217635
The bubbles in my tank are mostly caused by the hair algae. the bryopsis doesnt really create alot of bubbles from what i've seen.
Thanks....I have a few bubbles appearing in my 54G, and what I thought was some bryopsis growing around it.....

nikesb

the bryopsis is the devil! the for sure sign for bryopsis is the feathery appearance. the feathery apperance does not become prominent until theyre well an inch in size

nikesb

heres two pics i was able to get.

I took this to show that the tentacles are actually out at an mg of 1650-1700! I noticed that they have never really been out during the day in my tank with my old parameters. They were out when I bought them at the store though.

heres the zoas i got today. i love it when i'm able to get my hand on ultra zoas. the rim is ridiculously flourescent. they havent opened all the way yet after the dip but oh well. we'll see tomorrow

curry

Love the photos and the corals! I don't know if you mentioned it earlier in the thread, but what camera are you using? I'm in the process of picking up a Nikon D90 DX with a few lenses.

nikesb

thanks guys! Curry, I'm still using a canon sd1100 is point and shoot. Over the summer I'm looking to get a Canon tli

nikesb

couldnt take pics today but theres not much difference in the algae, will take tomorrow. tested the magnesium and it was 1590. upped it by 60ppm. all the zoas are still not open, but looks healthy

nikesb

iono if its me, but it looks like its growing...argh, i got another emerald to help after my old one became large and lazy