Obama supporters. I have one question

darthtang aw

Originally Posted by zman1
http:///forum/post/2517202
It's not an issue, just a distraction from the real issues....
Thank goodness we aren't having to pick them for the election.... Unless, I am mistaken, are these ministers running? Maybe you can write one of them in on the ballot.

Don't certain people dislike Bush because he allows his faith to influence his policies...yet the same people (Bill Maher prime example) glaze right over Obama's as if it isn't a factor.........Sorry, but a person's belief system/religion is a factor. Who they get spiratual guidance from is a factor.
If any candidate received spiritual guidance from Osama Bin Laden should that be ignored as well? After all, Osama Bin Laden isn't running for office.

darthtang aw

Originally Posted by Suzy
http:///forum/post/2516995
No, it was you. You actually called Democrats Hitler, which I did take personally. I guess you were teasing....
In the "Why you should hate McCain" thread.
People throw insults around here so freely.....

People need to read more thoroughly. Unless you are Obama you were never called Hitler. If you are Obama you are doing a poor job at defending your belief system.

zman1

Has anyone heard this before about McCain - I beleive Obama is still married to his first wife. But I am going to cast a stone since past history matters and private lives seem to matter.

[hr]
Before John McCain's tour of duty in Vietnam, he married Carol Shepp, a model from Philadelphia. On his 23rd bombing mission over North Vietnam in 1967, McCain was shot down and captured
When McCain returned to the United States in 1973 after more than five years as a prisoner of war, he found his wife was a different person. The accident "left her 4 inches shorter and on crutches, and she had gained a good deal of weight."
In his book, The Nightingale's Song, Robert Timberg chronicled McCain's post-Vietnam military assignments and some of his "adulterous" behavior leading to his divorce from Carol and marriage to Cindy Hensley.
In 1979 at a military reception in Honolulu, McCain met Cindy Hensley, an attractive 25-year-old woman from a very wealthy politically-connected Arizona family. Cindy's father, Jim, founded the Hensley and Company, the nation's third-largest Anheuser-Busch distributor.
While still married to Carol, McCain began an adulterous relationship with Cindy. He married Cindy in May 1980 -- just a month after dumping Carol and securing a divorce. The newlyweds honeymooned in Hawaii.

darthtang aw

And you can't tell me he doesn't have a racist attitude towards white people and jewish people. Direct quotes from the minister that heads obama's aChurch, the same guy that married he and his wife, baptised his children, and is a close friend and advisor.
“In the 21st century, white America got a wake-up call after 9/11/01,” Wright wrote in Trumpet. “White America and the Western world came to realize that people of color had not gone away, faded into the woodwork or just ‘disappeared’ as the Great White West kept on its merry way of ignoring black concerns.”
“Racism is how this country was founded and how this country is still run! ...We [in the U.S.] believe in white supremacy and black inferiority and believe it more than we believe in God.”
“The Israelis have illegally occupied Palestinian territories for over 40 years now,Divestment has now hit the table again as a strategy to wake the business community and wake up Americans concerning the injustice and the racism under which the Palestinians have lived because of Zionism.”

darthtang aw

http:///forum/post/2517500
Has anyone heard this before about McCain - I beleive Obama is still married to his first wife. But I am going to cast a stone since past history matters and private lives seem to matter.

[hr]
Before John McCain's tour of duty in Vietnam, he married Carol Shepp, a model from Philadelphia. On his 23rd bombing mission over North Vietnam in 1967, McCain was shot down and captured
When McCain returned to the United States in 1973 after more than five years as a prisoner of war, he found his wife was a different person. The accident "left her 4 inches shorter and on crutches, and she had gained a good deal of weight."
In his book, The Nightingale's Song, Robert Timberg chronicled McCain's post-Vietnam military assignments and some of his "adulterous" behavior leading to his divorce from Carol and marriage to Cindy Hensley.
In 1979 at a military reception in Honolulu, McCain met Cindy Hensley, an attractive 25-year-old woman from a very wealthy politically-connected Arizona family. Cindy's father, Jim, founded the Hensley and Company, the nation's third-largest Anheuser-Busch distributor.
While still married to Carol, McCain began an adulterous relationship with Cindy. He married Cindy in May 1980 -- just a month after dumping Carol and securing a divorce. The newlyweds honeymooned in Hawaii.

Yeah, and? How does this influence his policy?

zman1

Originally Posted by Darthtang AW
http:///forum/post/2517502
Yeah, and? How does this influence his policy?
Like minds, he might give the former mayor of NY a presidential pardon. Adultry is in his belief system. Not sure if this is from Episcopalian schooling or his now Baptist church. It came from some where

Simular to the Obama character attacks about his minister, not him that your making.
Neither, address real issues.....

darthtang aw

Adultry last I checked is not against the law. The ex gov. is charged with money laundering and other financial crimes.
Obama gets advise and guidance from the minister, TODAY...he is influential, TODAY.
While McCain may have been influenced by something else....that was how many years ago? And he has not been accussed of cheating since. For all we know his ex wife was may have been trully a mean spirited person and he tried but couldn't do it. I fault no person for cheating and getting a dicorce. That happens. That is not against the law. I didn't care when clinton did it.
But one happened many years ago and one is happenning now...big difference.

zman1

Originally Posted by Darthtang AW
http:///forum/post/2517511
Adultry last I checked is not against the law..
forget the Bible thumpers... Are you sure there are no Adultery Laws anywhere is the US? You should check again. Also, the Military does too. It's more of a character issue as far as I'm concerned and don't care when it happened.

reefraff

Zmann if you get a chance listen to this guy, this stuff is over the top. I don't know about you but I would never belong to an organization or club I didn't mostly agree with. This goes much deeper. Obama isn't a casual attendee of this church. This man performed the marriage ceramony for the Obamas and baptized their children.
I have never liked the old fire and brimstone preechers but they got nothing on this guy.

zman1

Tell me what exactly do you think Obama will do as a result of another mans words? What is it you are afraid of from the minister's sermons that would translate into Obama action?

reefraff

http:///forum/post/2517517
forget the Bible thumpers... Are sure there are no Adultery Laws anywhere is the US? You should check again. Also, the Military does too. It's more of a character issue as far as I'm concerned and don't care when it happened.
So you see McCain having an affair 28 years ago as a character issue, How about Obama use of Illegal drugs 20 years ago (less than 10 years ago according to one claim and lawsuit)?

zman1

Originally Posted by reefraff
http:///forum/post/2517527
Getting us mixed up in Darfur, directing a disportionate amout of aid to "the mother continent" etc.
I was wondering if it was something he has done during his 8 years as a state senator or while in the US senate, that was a result of the minister's sermons that persuaded you this way. So it's not what he has done thus for during the last 12 years despite the preacher.
It's what he could do based on the preacher's words the next 4 years?

zman1

Originally Posted by reefraff
http:///forum/post/2517528
So you see McCain having an affair 28 years ago as a character issue, How about Obama use of Illegal drugs 20 years ago?
Sure, but I am willing to view youth mistakes over a 43 year old man making errors in judgment differently...

suzy

This is so how SwiftBoating works! We bring up a non issue, then add some innuendo, lead people a certain way. People who are looking for a reason to not like a candidate anyway latch on to it, and make it like it does matter. So, the real issues can fade away....
McCains campaign took a big hit the other day. He got endorsed by Bush.
"Focusing your life solely on making a buck shows a certain poverty of ambition. It asks too little of yourself. Because it's only when you hitch your wagon to something larger than yourself that you realize your true potential." Barack Obama

reefraff

http:///forum/post/2517533
I was wondering if it was something he has done during his 8 years as a state senator or while in the US senate, that was a result of the minister's sermons that persuaded you this way. So it's not what he has done thus for during the last 12 years despite the preacher.
It's what he could do based on the preacher's words the next 4 years?
In the legislature and Senate you are 1 vote of many. As president it is just a little different. When you listen to sermons week in and week out that are anti american and seperatist you either agree with the philosophy or are a sound sleeper/

suzy

"There is not a liberal America and a conservative America - there is the United States of America. There is not a black America and a white America and latino America and asian America - there's the United States of America." Barack Obama

reefraff

Listen to the tapes of that pastor. Consider the words of Obama's wife. His making such a big deal over the flag pin. I now question Obamas loyalty and patriotism. I hope I am wrong. I didn't realize some of the stuff this pastor has been preaching.
September 16 2001 He said we brough 9-11 on ourselves. He said the government created aids to committ genocide on people of color. He makes numerous references to the United States of white America. How can someone who doesn't agree with these things continue to be a member of that Church and appoint the pastor as a campaign advisor? The guy has been making these statements for a long time.

reefraff

"My Friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world.
I hope you will join me as we try to change it."
Barack Obama