OT: getting to know the people behind the posts

isz

plum, lol, that might be it, next thing you know my compteur will be powered by my alternator and battery.
but seriously i've replaced EVERYTHING that could keep it from started. the battery, starter, solinoid, ignition, fuses. everything but the wires themselves and that's probably it. on a good note i'm getting it towed down to my shop this week so my boss can look at it. he's insanley good a just looking at a car from across the street and telling you why it won't start. so i'm keeping my fingers crossed

blondenaso1

Here is a pic under my hood. Sorry to disapoint you guys...its only a V6, but its quick. I swapped the rear end for an 8.8 with 3.73 gears, the intake, cams, and the 90 shot of NO2 (notice the solenoids in the top left and by the intake. I run low 15's in the quarter which i guess isn't to bad for a 6, but is why I want a supra...cause they are FAST.
Plum, from what I can see you the pic, you have a tight ride. Isz, its a shame yours doesn't run. How much is a new harness?
Hope we are not boring everyone with car talk. Anyone else got any pics of the things they love?

blondenaso1

Look at that thing squat! What you got under the hood?
Isz, i know what you mean. Between the tank, scuba diving, and my car, I have no money left. The car has been lacking lately though. I worked all summer to get new scuba stuff and now I am broke again.

ryebread

565cubic inches will make a car squat pretty good.........or pull the front wheels 3 feet off the ground. :D Right now the car is "Tuned Down" (as I snicker) and dyno-ing at just over a thousand horsepower........but, the 1172lb ft. of torque is what makes you crap your pants. :)
Just so you know I am no Import lover but, I have a non-turbo front-wheel drive Mitsubishi Eclipse with over 160,000 miles on it that is running low thirteens. (as I snicker again)

hnf2k

plum, you misread my post completely. i said that nassau cops max out around 108 per year, which IS a lot of money. i dont know though. a house like that in nassau county would go for way more than 500k. prices are much cheaper in florida? i was always under the impression that florida was just a little less than ny. i thought it was like the nursing home of the country.

hnf2k

hey blondenaso. nice car. do you know what your hp is at? also, but i maybe wrong, but that doesn't look like the saleen mustang...is it? you should get a strut bar on it. i have a slowwww ass car, but a nice sound system. what's your system got? also, you should take your buddies rims:)

sgt__york

What is this.. everyone is into Mustangs here?? Gunna turn into the Mustang club. Prefer the classics myself tho.
Have a 1968 blue 289eng myself. Just had the engine rebuilt - have less than 5K miles on it right now. Sent it away to Richmond to let the Ford Remanufacturer rebuilt it (to get a 3yr warrantee on it - lol) - They will actually install performance parts as well - if you provide them - and they install them. So i sent em a Edelbrock performance kit - Dual Quad alum intake w/a 650CC 4 Barrel Carb; dual point distributor (fires on both strokes) and performance CAM for that extra umph. Got the thing back - and blew some rocker arms the first day back! lol Sent it back, and had to upgrade the heads as well - was putting out too much power to keep stock heads on them. Also put a pair of headers on it to let it breath better. I've rebuilt 3 or 4 engines from mustangs i've had in the past - so it's lost it's luster. lol Prefer to enjoy the car than work on it - so let Ford put this one together.
I've got a new suspension system waiting to be installed - from leaf springs and coils down to the newer neopreme seals and bushings. I think i'll put these on myself over the winter.
That's one thing about the older cars - they are GREAT fun - but terrible winter weather cars. I end up putting 300lbs of sand bags in the trunk each winter - or I spin out at red lights no matter how light ya tough the gas peddle.. lol These old cars are just LIGHT weight. Of course, one thing that makes em great power/weight ratio cars. Especially grandfathered out of all the admissions crap cars have to have now.
everything under the hood is now new. My next project this summer - is to strip her down to bare metal. Want to look at getting a new paint job on her - and all new chrome. For those of us not independantly wealthy - some hobbies like reef tanks - just take time to finally get where ya want em. lol
Never put her in 1/4 mile or anything - so not sure what she'll really do. But I did have fun beating a 01 lexus on my way to richmond at 2am in the morn. Actually beat him twice - he finally gave in at 115mph.. lol Good thing highway from williamsburg to richmond is nice and STRAIGHT! One thing the older cards SUCK at is 'handling' - lol Just pure, raw muscle. Style and fun.
This is my 3rd 68. Seeing as I was born in 68 myself - i figure the car and me are on a quest - to see who will outlast the other.

broomer5

And the prize goes to Wrassecal !!!!
I've had this new avatar up for days - you were the first to mention it LOL :D
You WIN !!!!!!
( Haven't determined what the prize is yet - but whatever it is - you've won it )

wrassecal

I can't wait to see what I won!!:D Actually, I would have mentioned it earlier but I thought it was obvious. Cool avatar. Do we meet on the dark side of the moon for me to claim my prize?

blondenaso1

Ryebread is talking about telepathic messages? He must be a Pink Floyd fan. Actually Broomer you inspried me last night to find some floyd songs on the computer :)
As for my car, yes it's a body kit :( but an authentic one from Saleen LOL not the cheepo plastic ones. For my setero I have a pioneer premeir deck, diamond audio 5.25 compnents in the doors, mb quart 5.25 components in custom kick panels, and mb quart 5.25 coaxial in the rear, all pushed by a PPI 450. Then I have a PPI 2350 pushing ine JL 18" W6 in a custom fiberglass encloser. O gauge wire, distribution, and a 1 farad cap. I is a really nice setup and the instal is awsome, but I don't want to bore anyone with more pics.
It's great we have all these mustang lovers! But we all know that one of the only things they do good is go fast in a STRAIGHT line and do this on dry streets, no rain or snow. My buddy has a single turbo Supra that puts down 800hp to the rear wheels on race gas and is daily drivable. He is the one who has inspired me to change faiths ;)

jonthefb

yeah brian that is a sweet avatar. hey gusy as far as incorporating an avatar with motion into your user cp, how is this possible?
jon