Our 29 Biocube and story

nissan577

no problem. oh i got a new camera!!!!!!!!! now my pics are way better! i just put a fts on!
ima take a new one when my new frags open

fcatch76

so I was thinking, after I sump the BC14 to the BC29 + CPR fuge, am I still considered a Nano tank? In total the water volume will be roughly 48 gallons. In theory no, but all most people will see is the BC29, then when you open the cabinet..voila!!
I began prepping everything today (electrical, plumbing), hopefully I get the tank this week.
PICS TO COME!

fcatch76

Originally Posted by subielover
http:///forum/post/2772338
So you are going to turn a bc14 into a sump??
Basically! I intend to pipe the tanks together and display both. The 14 will sit in the 29's cabinet.
I just bought gray sand and I have some rock from St. Thomas (went on a cruise 2 yrs. ago and did some diving of my own @ sapphire beach..
), that I will cure and then place in the 14, along with other LR from my tank and fuge. Was thinking of moving my emeralds and some snails down to the 14, along with some fragged coral..not sure yet. I don't intend on adding any more bio-load.

fcatch76

was resizing my pics today and lost four of my most recent aquascaped and the new frags from Dennis210. So decided to repost:

fcatch76

And you know...I am a little disappointed in the tank rating system Nissan.
I am one of the few who has to date, successfully trained a Red Scooter to eat mysis and other prepared foods (now for 3 months), Keep three clams in a Biocube using PC's (3 1/2 months)and still house a Manadarin Dragonet, now going on two months.
My feelings have been hurt..
. J/K, I think anyone who starts this hobby has their own vision and so far all these visions look pretty damn good. Keep it up everyone

nissan577

lol. love the clams! and the STYLO!!!!!!!!!! lol. and yea no one anymore rates the tanks. and congrats on your red scooter eating mysis. and amazed on your manadarin also. and yea not alot of people keep it up to date. they just post pics and leave it there. well love your tank bro

fcatch76

is anyone making there own food? I read you buy some seafood from the grocery store, but is it bagged already or do we just get some shrimp, clams squid...etc etc?