Picture Diary

bronco300

always so nosey arent ya! lol, thats ok...i had it made...i was gonna do it but i have a friend who offered to drill it and make a cap because he likes workin with acrylic so i said sure, have at it....easy job, just a tube drilled.

bronco300

well i decided to move the yumas, and during i took some better close ups, it doesnt do justice, but they are great...they have a nice pink rim around the outside...here are some pics:

wax32

If any survive, your tank will be swarming with baby snails soon! It doesn't take them too long to hatch. My Trochus snails broadcast spawn in my tank pretty regularly, in fact right now I have lots of specks on my glass at night that are baby Trochus.

Nice R. yuma
by the way!

bronco300

thanks! i used to get babysnails on the glass all the time, they had started to not happen as much, so i wouldnt be surprised if it happens.
love those yumas

rykna

Coral's look happier every day! Have they been opening up more since you added the new light?

jroath87

i gotta say dude your zoos are absolutly gorgeous i have a few frags i put in a few months ago i hope they turn out as good as yours did

bronco300

Originally Posted by Rykna
Coral's look happier every day! Have they been opening up more since you added the new light?

Thanks Ryk, i think they have been doing wonderfully...can't say enough how much ive missed having actinic lights...i think everything seems much happier...just try to record some growth to see how thats going.
i gotta say dude your zoos are absolutly gorgeous i have a few frags i put in a few months ago i hope they turn out as good as yours did
thanks, just have to have patience thats for sure! gotta love those zoos though, cant get enough different types!

monalisa

Bronco300 said:
Thanks Ryk, i think they have been doing wonderfully...can't say enough how much ive missed having actinic lights...i think everything seems much happier...just try to record some growth to see how thats going.
I definitely have to second that about the actinics. My corals are doing so much better with the 2 or so hours of actinics. I thought I was going to lose my frogspawn in the 37 under the sunpod...I'm glad he's come back so well in the new 46.
Bronco, what kind of light did you switch from and switch to? Great pics...as always.
Lisa :happyfish

bronco300

thanks lisa, i went for 2x 14k 175w hamilton, which were nice, just not as nice as this that is now 2 x 10k 175w XM plus 2x 110w actinic VHO

monalisa

I also went from 14k in my 37 to 10k in my 46, maybe that has something to do with the improvement as well. I just think that my critters love the "down time" under the actinics before and after the big lights. IDK...
Lisa :happyfish

wax32

Looking good! When I re-did my lights I decided to go with just one ballast for all 4 VHO bulbs, so no seperate actinics for me this time. BUT, my frogs' lights come on an hour before the tank's do, so it makes a little sunrise effect for the fish.

PS, I tried to catch the urchin out of my tank last night, but I couldn't pry him off of the glass! I used my bare fingers and it felt pretty cool.

wax32

No, not at all. I guess if I had really tried to use a lot of force they might have punctured my skin though.