Pot Bellied Seahorses

flower

Check out this shell...I found it on ebay and bid on it, it would be perfect for my 90g SH tank. 12 inches long and 9 inches tall at the highest tip

novahobbies

very nice! I like it. Don't think it would be good for feeding, as the shrimp could get blown up into the curves and rot. Shame, because the shell's spires look like natural hitching posts.

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by novahobbies http:///t/391007/pot-bellied-seahorses/120#post_3470289
very nice! I like it. Don't think it would be good for feeding, as the shrimp could get blown up into the curves and rot. Shame, because the shell's spires look like natural hitching posts.
I was just going to use it for decoration in the tank, because the horns will make great hitching posts
This is the shell I want for a feeding dish...but it will be 3 days before I find out if I won the bid...I bid $15.00

flower

Getting ready to order the next set of horses. They should be here before Friday. I wish I had a quarantine for them since they are from a different breeder, but I don't have an extra chiller for that.... and these guys must have the temp in the mid 60s. Oh and my tank is at 67, no sweat beads. I will be getting to the Home Depot for the insulation tomorrow for sure...I got lazy today, the weather was nasty out so I stayed in.
This is a picture Sam sent of them.
This is the little boy....He is only 5 inches and 6 months old...I love his markings, very giraffe like.

This is the little girl, she is 4 inches and 5 months old...I think I am going to name her Freckles.

S

smallreef

they are soooo cute! get the rigid pink foam insulation... it wont mold if its even constantly wet... and its thinner than alot of the other...

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallreef http:///t/391007/pot-bellied-seahorses/120#post_3470367
they are soooo cute! get the rigid pink foam insulation... it wont mold if its even constantly wet... and its thinner than alot of the other...
There are very cute...LOL..I can hardly wait. My CUC arrives today...should be here around 10:30am then I can go to the hardware store and get what I need.
I will look and see what I can find...I don't think the pink can fit in the sump, there is very limited space down there. Last year I did see 1/2 inch white rigid foam panels and I hope they stil have it. I might put the pink on the very ends of the sump...I have space there.

flower

Alright, I need opinions....the shell I wanted, the one with the horns.....I have been out bid. What do you guys think it's worth? Right now the bid is at $28.00. The flat shell I want for a feeding dish, this on is only decoration...but a very nice looking one...should I bid higher? or rather...would YOU bid higher?

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by novahobbies http:///t/391007/pot-bellied-seahorses/120#post_3470404
I'm the other bidder, and my internet connection is faster. MUAHAHAHAHA!
(kidding.)
LOL...You know it did kind of cross my thoughts that somebody on this site saw that shell and checked it out.
If that's the case then they know about my up it a nickle plan at the last second. I really do like that shell.

flower

LOL...I got it for 29.00...I did a buck not a nickle! The shell is 14 inches long, not 12. It will look great in the 90g!

S

smallreef

Yippee go you! Its gonna look awesome..and you could always fill it with some sand to keep the mysis and such from getting in there and rotting?

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallreef http:///t/391007/pot-bellied-seahorses/120#post_3470455
Yippee go you! Its gonna look awesome..and you could always fill it with some sand to keep the mysis and such from getting in there and rotting?
LOL...That shell is so huge I could just flip it over and use the other side. However I have plans, The shell for a feeding dish is the flat tiger paw...The big spider conch is going to be used in the left corner where the fake coral is right now, along with one other shell I have...a rams horn shaped thing (9 inches long). It will make that corner come to life and have lots of cool natural hitches. Or maybe I will put a big shell on either side...I will have to look at it all once my spider conch arrives.