Project Fishroom underway for new 240 setup

fishstix4u

no joke shawn my local store dosnt give me recipts any more.... when i bought the live rock ---- hit the fan! so i got him trained to just throw it away and not even offer them to me

reading is a bit of a hike but i am going to try.

acrylic51

Yeah I think I'm going to make the event.....See something different and meet some new people.......Palymra isn't that far......Yeah only place really is Lancaster....use to be a place in Danville, but Judy closed up.....She had a super nice place though......

reckler

Ok now I'm really jellious. your wives let you do this without any reprocutions. I live in Colorado but would be willing to drive to PA to the frag swap to change my wife for one that won't ground me just for going to the fish store. when I got my 125, she wouldn't talk to me for a week. the bad thing is, is that I only paid 265.00 for everything. not 1500.00 or 2000.00, only 265.00. someone was getting ride of it and really didn't even need the money, they just didn't like it anymore. I guess it was too much work for them to handle.
So, I have a free wife for anyone who is looking for one. she is pretty hot too.
do I have any takers.LOL

psusocr1

this is great ill get to meet all you folks,, acrylic i cant wait to share some building techniques with you and i expect to learn ALOT from you! iw ish i knew sooner and we could have gotten together to do an acrylic build demo, but maybe next time!
also BELLANAVIS
if your talking about taking your little son or daughter, kids ARE welcome! just keep them close or it could be an expensive day for you!
:hilarious :joy:

bellanavis

I will keep him in the stroller, its safer that way. Anyone know anyone who is going to this frag swap that needs a sump? I need to get rid of these two, so I can give Acrylic some money for the sump hes going to make for us. Don't worry, Shawn, I have money, it would just be nice to sell these ones also.

acrylic51

Your credit is good with me!!!!!!!
I'm just going to come to town and speed through town!!!!!! :hilarious Don't tell Adam that though.......I'm really looking forward to coming....anyone else going to make the trip??? I want the knowledge in your head psusocr1. By chance did you go to Penn State?

phsyco

Man I'd love to go to a frag swap. Just wish it was closer to Erie. Reading is almost a 6 hour drive for me.

bobrob

I actually made the time after work tonite to actually read thru your 975 replies on here & i'm feeling pretty stupid right now . Not only do you have your bases all covered , you have the covers for your bases covered too !
You have alot of very smart people ( including you ) , backing up your project & sharing advice... I should have never brought up the temperature thing , OBVIOUSLY YOU HAVE THAT COVERED ! I really am impresseed after reading all posts @ how much you really have thought this project out before going thru with it ! YOU ARE A TRUE LOVER OF OUR SALTWATER FRIENDS !
The statement i made about " where they live" obviously doesn't apply to you , or many of the buds you have on here ! I have just seen many people go out & buy these elaborate setups & fill their tanks & all for nothing .... all for bragging rights ! So, I hope no offense was taken , i really am impressed with what you are doing !
BobRob

acrylic51

Bobrob is totally cool!!!!!!!!!!
I actually started the project in early 05, and due to running a drill bit through my hand after 2 many beers and almost losing my right arm due to the stupid accident set things back a while....then with a hectic work schedule and everyone else stopping by seeing what's going on, and you need the money to pay the bills and play alittle, so it got pushed back again after 15 setups, and then my back went nuts finally, and after disc removal and hip bone fused into place, and 2 weeks after surgery I was building a custom setup for a customer....Had to bring on a couple friends to do the lifting and the tedious work I usually do since I couldn't lift, bend, squat, or turn to well to get around my meticulously kept garage.....
Needles to say that setup gave me tons of inspiration and I have to thank Lori for the extra push.....She drove me hard and is very demanding in quality, so I just had to out do hers.........
Needless today I was making my routine stops on my tanks and had to show her the latest on mine, and she advised me they are building a new house again, and I get the fun of tearing hers down and moving it, but at the same time be working an inwall setup in the range of 500 gallons and she's going to run both...... :scared: :notsure:
She knows I love the work!!!!!!!
But through all the laid up time and working on others projects it gave me ample opportunity to see what would and wouldn't work and what parts are reliable, and effective at the same time.....I do have to thank my brother-in-law for the humistats......I went into Lowes and asked them and they looked like I was from outer space......2 of my brother-in-laws are in the electrical business, and with one being the owner of the company it was super easy to get the electrical advice I needed......The worse part was when they came to inspect the work, it had to be perfect.....Jack the owner has no issue with taking a pair of dikes and cutting things to pieces to let you know it was either sloppy or just wrong......Rob my other brother-in-law helped out with running and fishing wire when he could or if I was tied up working on something else......My friend Dallas helped out continously throughout the project from drywalling, carrying supplies, helping with the plumbing getting water into the fishroom, and duct work for ventilation.......I have to give a big thanks to all these guys for sticking in there and helping out when I could barely walk getting my stuff into position for me to make it happen.....I bet my friend Dallas wishes he would have never tried to move the chiller by himself111111 :hilarious
Alot of money was saved by DIY, but at times you do just have to spend the cash......I have to especially thank my wife for never batting an eye, or the late nights, or the endles reciepts or constant reports of status of parts....she's a behind the scene person that makes it all happen for me......I wonder if I could hit her up for the rest of the garage and a new tank??? Anyone have a spare room if I ask her???? :hilarious
Again thanks guys, and hopefully I'll have some updated pics tomorrow.....Have to install some VHO's tomorrow which shouldn't take long, and should be able to tackle that second coat, if my wife doesn't add anything to the honey do list.......Right now it's a waiting game....I'm still making water, and currently I have about 160 gallons waiting ready to be moved over to the tank and sump......Shouldn't be long before it gets it first saltwater dip......

acrylic51

Originally Posted by FishStix4u
well this is going to be an event... do they serve alcohal??? :jumping:
No Fishstix4u haven't you learned your lesson from last time with the alcohol!!!!!!!!

jsab

I just noticed this incredible thread and can I say what lucky fish you are going to have. I will be sitting on the edge of my seat waiting on the next post. I thought that this hobby was addicting...now I can't get to my tank for wanting to read about what everybody else is doing.

acrylic51

Originally Posted by reckler
Ok now I'm really jellious. your wives let you do this without any reprocutions. I live in Colorado but would be willing to drive to PA to the frag swap to change my wife for one that won't ground me just for going to the fish store. when I got my 125, she wouldn't talk to me for a week. the bad thing is, is that I only paid 265.00 for everything. not 1500.00 or 2000.00, only 265.00. someone was getting ride of it and really didn't even need the money, they just didn't like it anymore. I guess it was too much work for them to handle.
So, I have a free wife for anyone who is looking for one. she is pretty hot too.
do I have any takers.LOL
I think you better keep your wife!!!! I think there cheaper to keep than tanks at times........ :hilarious