Quitting Smoking!!

scoobydoo

Aquageek,
Where you located. I'm actually in Clay but work downtown.
What LFS's do you go to. I go to Tropical Zone in North Syracuse, Fairmount Aquarium in Fairmount and Inland Ocean in Lafayette.
Carrie

mr_bill

This might sound crazy, but your just about ready to start hanging around a smoker. It actually helps if you put yourself through the experience of watching them smoke while you want one. That is your last step in kicking the habbit, and after you succeed in that you can actually have that drink later without the smoker of course.
Cheering you on from SD. :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

scoobydoo

Day 33 (I think). Smoked for 25 years at least a pack a day. Feel good. I'm spending the extra money on my tank! Had a couple drinks last night and really wanted a smoke but didn't give in but I was with friends that didn't smoke so I'm not so sure I'm ready to hang with smokers just yet.
Carrie

aquageek

I use to live in Clay. I live in
syracuse now. I go to Faimount Aquarium now mainly. Never been to Tropical Zone. Are there any clubs for this hobby in our area? I could use some guidance. This hobby is frustrating as a newbie.

hot883

Good job for those that are quitting. I hit 31 weeks last Friday. Dip and smoke free. When you do stop, it's amazing how good food taste. You can actually taste it. Ha! It has not been easy but it's great now. No patches, no gum, just gut power. Ha!
Keep it up. It's a mental thing. You are strong, you will be strong, you look better, you feel better. YOU ARE STRONG.

nw2sltfsh

I just threw away my pack yesterday morning - day 2 - This is much harder then I thought!
Good job and congrats on your 35 days

scoobydoo

Had a little setback the last few days :mad: I've been sneaking a cig the last couple of days (one a day). Have to start all over
but I know I can do it.

mr_bill

Originally Posted by scoobydoo
Had a little setback the last few days :mad: I've been sneaking a cig the last couple of days (one a day). Have to start all over
but I know I can do it.

Ohhhh NOOoooo, Mr. Hand is gonna have to belt you one for that.

Try not to cheat this next time, it makes it harder when you try to quit for real. Get in the mind set that you are stronger than your addiction. Nobody said it would be easy, but think of your health!!
You can do it!! :joy:
Cowgirl up!!

Get mad at those cigs!! :mad:
They are winning, and it's time to get out there and show them what for!!
It's halftime baby, get out there and win this fight. :cheer: :cheer:
You have the power to save your own life.... NOW USE IT!!

scoobydoo

Thanks Mr. Bill.
I know, I know...
I feel really bad and am kicking myself.
This reallly isn't a good week, but I'm not giving up.
I will win this fight! ! :joy:

K

kimc

OK... one opps is acceptable... I admire you for admitting that you had a set back.... BUT now it's time to get back on track of being smoak free.... I know you can do it!!! So many of us have!!! And if we can... so can you!!! YOU GO GIRL :cheer: :cheer:

hot883

Originally Posted by biglurr545
hey fishtanker i live in brunswick ny and i was wonderign if you had any coral frags that you might want to sell my email address is biglurr54@hotmail.com i will come and pick it up please email me back thanks
NHey Big, nice "stop smoking" story you told there.
No Hijacking allowed.

cynelson

Congratulations to you all! I quit smoking in Jan and started back up again in April. Bad Cindy! LOL. I plan on quitting again soon for real, but it's just so hard when my husband smokes too. He's starting a new job on 9/6 that will allow him less time to smoke, so I'm hoping he'll give it up with me then. I found the best way to quit is wellbutrin. The only problem is it makes me feel a little lost, so I can't take it and try to work at the same time. Spacing out at work is not good. LOL. You really feel bad when your kids are telling you to quit, and you find yourself making excuses to a 4 year old, ya know?! Good luck to you all! I'm here routing for you! :happyfish :happyfish :happyfish :happyfish :happyfish :happyfish

misty7850

Hey Scoobydoo..
Congrats on quiting smoking,
We all have our setbacks... take one day at a time, you can do it.
here is my story
After smoking for 5 years... I quit smoking in 1982 cold turkey, it was difficult, but I had alot of family encouragement (even though most of them smoke, would not smoke around me out of consideration)
I started smoking again in 1999, after my mom died suddenly of massive heart attack Jan 16, (she was only 68). My mom and I were very close and I had a hard time dealing with her death. I had moved to Florida in 1996 to take care of my father in law (who was a sweetheart), before moving to Florida I was main helper for mom with her finances, appts, etc..., I made promise to my mom I would move back to NY after my father in law passed away, Mom didn't want me to leave, but understood, I felt I had to do this. My father in law didn't have anyone, his wife died in 1993.. Most of my sibling live in Upstate NY so mom was still surrounded by family, and I did go home every summer for a couple of weeks after I left NY.
My Father in Law died Feb 16th, exactly one month after my Mom. And My marriage broke up all in the same time frame.. (he is alcholic, My father in Law open my eyes, by asking me how I put up with it for 20 years, after thinking about that one for awhile the answer was, it wan't easy, and I couldn't handle it anymore).. It was all too much for me to handle. I started smoking again, and drinking also. Went up to chain smoker status in no time flat. I felt like crap.. I knew I had to quit. I never was much of a drinker, so I stopped drinking within a couple months of repeated hangovers..
The end of 1999, I met a wonderful man, (we are now married) he smoked also, but said if I wanted to quit, he would also quit. so the journey began. We started the patches, then wellbutrin, then both together, He was able to quit with them, but I still puffed on... finally after bout of year of failure to quit, I woke up one morning knowing if I didn't quit it was gonna be the death of me, I was losing weight fast (down to 82 pounds, my doctor was threatening to put me in the hospital and put in a feeding tube cause instead of eating I was smoking, I felt like crap, I was short of breath). I quit the patches, the

[hr]
, and went cold turkey.. I fnally conquered it..
Today I am still smoke free.. and much healthier
Yes it was harder to quit the 2nd time round.
My husband has started smoking again, but I don't want to ever start again.
I still get a craving every now and again, but I stand strong...
Anywho, Thats my story.
Misty

woodymdt

Thanks for having this thread up gang. My quit date is just around the corner, (September 12) and I'm looking forward to it, but also quite nervous about it. I've smoked a pack a day for about 15 years, so we'll see what happens.
I'm going to take one day at a time, one day without cigarettes will be one successful day, and I'll rack up as many successful days at a time until I don't have to "count" the successful days.
You guys have given me some more confidence and inspiration to beat this habit.

misty7850

Originally Posted by woodymdt
Thanks for having this thread up gang. My quit date is just around the corner, (September 12) and I'm looking forward to it, but also quite nervous about it. I've smoked a pack a day for about 15 years, so we'll see what happens.
I'm going to take one day at a time, one day without cigarettes will be one successful day, and I'll rack up as many successful days at a time until I don't have to "count" the successful days.
You guys have given me some more confidence and inspiration to beat this habit.

You can do it, one day at a time..