Re-Setup OLDDD 12g

jam1e

woa, very similiar situation here, not selling anything but found my old tank (the exact same one as yours) in my garage. I set it up yesterday and bought 13lbs of live rock and 15lbs of live sand. waiting for the cycle and still trying to decide on a stocklist I'll post a pic in a minute, I started a thread about suggestions for the tank too.

jam1e

Here's Mine, 1day old :p ... New live rock and some old dead corraline from last time I had it set up.

small triggers

SOOOO i finnally got some life WOOHOO my tiny arse sexy shrimp,, there are 2 so far, there are going to be 3 eventually, lol. Well i have alot of life in the tank i should say, i fed everything a half of a cube of marine cuisine this morning and man do i have hundreds of little tiny bristle worms, so crazy....and my corals ate most of it of course...
Had 3 hours of homework from my accounting class (i forgot how hard school really is, lol) so thats why there is one TINY picture,,, didnt want t try and break out my husbands nice camera when the lights are about to go out,,,,

small triggers

OKAY,,, so TODAY!!!! i got a shrimp goby and pistol shrimp pair,,,, and a yellow watchman goby.... next week the rainsford should be in .....here are the new additions!!!

small triggers

okay.... so i added the lights.... now i really want to do a retrofit, lol
these 4 little sets make a HUGE difference...here ya go,
1st is just normal moonlights, 2nd is just LEDs, 3rd is both together, 4th leds/moonlights/actinics, 5th daylights (found out they are dual daylight), LEDs, moonlights, & actinics....next post...

small triggers

SOOOO i havent seen the pistol shrimp and one of the sexy shrimp since friday,, i have a feeling they are KIA or atleast MIA...
when i get my next unemployment check ,lol i think im gonna get a cleaner shrimp, a sand snail, 2 small hermits, and if they have one a pajama cardinal (or a bangaii if its tank raised) and then hopefully next week my rainfords goby will be in!!!

bender77

What are the name and manufacturer of the light you got and can you post some pictures on how you attached them? They look great

pdmxb2000

ya im interested in the lights as well, im gonna be doing a light upgrade here in the near future, and i dont wanna have to invest in a chiller if i get MH or hqi

small triggers

i ghetto rigged the lights with some QWEST grey pex fitting from HD and some superglue,, couldnt get a good pic of it since they are dark grey and so is my hood, lol. I will however have to break off the pex fitting to ever get the lights out, lol

small triggers

I got a Bangaii today :) and will be getting a cleaner shrimp tomarrow!!! Ill get some pics i was just happy, and ill try and get a new pic with the LED's (just installed a new light in the room should help)!!