Saltn00b's Multi-Phase Upgrade Diary!

kayak385

Originally Posted by Isistius
there is on way a 1/4" would hold that. you would need to use probably 3/4" or maybe even 7/8" or 1" to hold 300 gallons.

i wouldn't have the slightest idea as to wah ta shhet that thick would run. maybe in the $300-400 range?!?!?! :thinking:
but that is a whole lot cheaper then buying a 300 gallon tank already built!!
how much is a 300gallon already built anyways?

kayak385

I got my 75 tank predrilled for free... and all my eq at cost due to a store moving...so i spent about 1500 on eq that would run anywhere from 2000 to 4000.

isistius

just google acrylic aquariums and you get a whole bunch of sites. one has a 299 gallon tank for almost $3200. just to give you an idea.

kayak385

Originally Posted by Isistius
just google acrylic aquariums and you get a whole bunch of sites. one has a 299 gallon tank for almost $3200. just to give you an idea.
ok, building it is... lol

saltn00b

hey guys thanks for keeping this alive for me! i just got back from a lil vegas trip that was extended an extra day i was planning for. everything is alive and kicking so far, and after work im going to the LFS to refill all of my water bottles - 30 gals....
i have to check the ole bank account but as soon as i can financially handle it, i will be ordering the Aquactinics lighting set up! initial planning for the new canopy is officially underway - if anyone has any suggestions, go ahead and post up and lets see what you got!

kayak385

as for the canopy, there is a lfs store that made their own, i'll take pics of this weekend of their tanks, lights, canopy. When I post the pics I'll add info on how they keep it up and types of bulbs ect.

saltn00b

my situation will call for the housing of a 6' hood, that can be raised up on angle and remain there for top access.
so far i have been thinking of a brace structure and two heavy swivel joints

kayak385

Originally Posted by saltn00b
my situation will call for the housing of a 6' hood, that can be raised up on angle and remain there for top access.
so far i have been thinking of a brace structure and two heavy swivel joints
If you can wait for me to post pics this weekend I think you'll really like the setup.
I do have one question... what does your stand look like?
nevermind, its on 1st page.

saltn00b

Originally Posted by reefkprZ
Come on man I wanna see more pictures. Is there anything in your tank other than rock? like cheato etcetera.
by the way have you checked out my picture thread on my 75g latley I added a frag shelf to my sump today.
ask and ye shall receive!
here is a bunch i took tonight. i couldnt find your thread post the link
here are some new additions from trades, and old residents too. i am not buying anything new until the upgrades are complete.

saltn00b

forgot to mention 2nd pic in post #74 is some sort of tube worm or bug looking creature that has been living on my sun coral rock for months. not sure what it is, maybe some1 can help with an ID?
it spews those little sticky strands to eat, and those bubbles on the tube are not normally there, i just ran out of water today and spewed a little air in the tank.
and here is 2 more :)

stdreb27

Hey man where did you get that little y thing that disperses your water. I've found one place online but to get what I need it would be like 40 bucks. But haven't found anything else.

saltn00b

Originally Posted by stdreb27
Hey man where did you get that little y thing that disperses your water. I've found one place online but to get what I need it would be like 40 bucks. But haven't found anything else.
it came with the tank when i purchased it used, sorry i dont know what they run, but i do know they are online in a few places. that price may be correct, tho.

kayak385

saltn00b, I regret to inform you that I had not gotten the chance to go to the lfs that had the canopy setup. I just got back from a little weekend with the gf and her family. I came back to my house looking for my flame angel to find him on my power strip behind my tank. My mood isn't so good, so maybe sometime tomorrow or the next day I'll be able to take/upload the canopy pics.