Sick Doggie

flower

Don't leave us hanging....how is Pixie this morning? I know you have checked on her already.

meowzer

So far today Pixie is the same.....they are able to keep her calm which is what they want right now. I know it is too soon for any change....I was just hoping :(
They will run another CBC tomorrow, to see if the steroids are working or not, so I will get all the blood results then

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowzer http:///forum/thread/384593/sick-doggie/40#post_3369797
So far today Pixie is the same.....they are able to keep her calm which is what they want right now. I know it is too soon for any change....I was just hoping :(
They will run another CBC tomorrow, to see if the steroids are working or not, so I will get all the blood results then

Looking for some good news along with you!

meowzer

Just called.....she is the same...BUT they are running the new cbc first thing in the a.m. and told me to call around 10 for the results.....SOOOO....I pray they are better

meowzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cranberry http:///forum/thread/384593/sick-doggie/40#post_3369893
Geez, you need a good stiff drink.
I know
....BUT I have been dieting and NO ALCOHOL....BUT yesterday I bought some sugar free margarita mix...and might just have one tonight....I have been really good on the diet...
Poor Rosie (the pug) she has no clue where Pixie is :( So she has gotten some extra treats...and extra attention too
You know the worst part....Pixie has only been in the hospital like 30 hours.....it could be 7-14 days
I miss her :(

al mc

Getting a report that she is the same (stable) the first 24 hours after initiating treatment is good. Hang in there.

meowzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Mc http:///forum/thread/384593/sick-doggie/40#post_3369919
Getting a report that she is the same (stable) the first 24 hours after initiating treatment is good. Hang in there.
Yeah I know....SIGH.....I have to be realistic...this is gonna be a lenghty treatment....I was not expecting to hear she was jumping up and down.....(wishful) but not realistic
Hopefully the test results tomorrow will be something to be joyful about

meowzer

OK..I AM VERY CONFUSED
Just talked to the dr....the hematocrit when we brought her in was a 17...today it is 16
...doc says even though it went down..it only went down one which is good
if it goes to a 12 that is when we look to the transfusion
The WBC was 23...now is 54
.....they are continuing the strong steroids, BUT changing her to a stronger antibiotic
she still has no appetite, but she is drinking ON HER OWN....they don't want to give I.V. fluids since it will dilute the meds....she is still yellow, but they did not run a new billirubin
fever is gone......They will run another blood test Tuesday....I will not be able to call until Monday since they close at noon....they come in every few hours to check on them though, and if anything, they will call me...PRAY for my phone NOT TO RING
SOOOOOOO Al....the doc says this is exactly where she expects her to be at this point :( she again told me this will be a lengthy treatment and progress will be slow ...we are also stll at the 50/50 chance of survival stage

al mc

Sent you a PM. Sorry for typos in PM. Traveling in car and texting ( not while driving )

cranberry

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowzer http:///forum/thread/384593/sick-doggie/40#post_3370031
she still has no appetite, but she is drinking ON HER OWN....they don't want to give I.V. fluids since it will dilute the meds
....she is still yellow, but they did not run a new billirubin
One reason it gets very confusing to the laymen is their attempts at "dumbing it down" doesn't always make sense. I have no idea what they are trying to say by that statement I put in bold above. But IV fluids do not dilute the meds. If she doesn't need an IV, she doesn't need one, but the reason for not doing so would not be that.
Al Mc really helped me through when my dog was diagnosed with lyphoma.

meowzer

It's the wait right now that is hard.....Not being able to be with her :( carrying my cell in my hand at all times.....praying it doesn't ring.....and not understanding everything that is happening.
I had to stop reading about it on the internet......they seem to concentrate on the negative aspects

flower

Cat's don't get jealous, they are too cool for that silly stuff. They know they rule and are secure in the knowledge. Dogs get jealous because ..well, they are dogs...LOL
Meowzer, it sounds like pixie, while still very sick is doing better. Fever gone and she is drinking on her own...YAY! I'm still waiting on the good news of her being 100%.

darthtang aw

Cat's don't get jealous, they are too cool for that silly stuff. They know they rule and are secure in the knowledge. Dogs get jealous because ..well, they are dogs...LOL

Meowzer, it sounds like pixie, while still very sick is doing better. Fever gone and she is drinking on her own...YAY! I'm still waiting on the good news of her being 100%.
You would be better served explaining that women don't get jealous.
Darth (not delusioned) Tang

meowzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower http:///forum/thread/384593/sick-doggie/40#post_3370179

Me too Flower.....Me too...At this point I would just like to hear any type of improvement.....I won't talk to anyone till Monday...........sighhhhhh