Sick Doggie

meowzer

No updates today since it is Sunday :( My cell phone rang a little while ago, and my heart almost stopped...........obviously it was not the vet, BUT scared me anyhow
I can't wait till I can call tomorrow morning.....

al&burke

Well Lois no news is good news - right - keep your spirits up, I am sure you will have good news tomorrow. Good karma out to Pixie

meowzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al&Burke http:///forum/thread/384593/sick-doggie/60#post_3370430
Well Lois no news is good news - right - keep your spirits up, I am sure you will have good news tomorrow. Good karma out to Pixie
I know...cause if they were to call it would be bad news :( This has been a very long day...and since Thursday it feels like it has been a month

Poor Rosie (the pug) has no clue....she stays by my side...and I can tell she is looking for Pixie

al&burke

I know - Isn't it amazing how dog's miss each other, I took the schnauzer to the groomer once without the jack russel and I would never do it again, Phoebe freaked out - she didn't know what to do. Hang in there - she is going to be fine.

meowzer

WELL...I just made my morning call.....they say no change
They are not sure if they are gonna do more bloodwork today or not....docs are in surgery, so I told them I will call back around 11 to find out
Shouldn't she be getting a little more alert yet???? :(

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowzer http:///forum/thread/384593/sick-doggie/60#post_3370567
WELL...I just made my morning call.....they say no change
They are not sure if they are gonna do more bloodwork today or not....docs are in surgery, so I told them I will call back around 11 to find out
Shouldn't she be getting a little more alert yet???? :(

Poor baby...when the attendent says no change it means in general, she might be more perky and alert then at first, something you would notice more I would think. Rejoice because she isn't taking a turn for the worse, and that's really what they are watching for.
{{{BIG Cyber hug}}}

meowzer

I just spoke to the actual DR....not the same one as the other day, BUT one that I use to take my dogs to years ago...and I trust him, and he knows me and how I am with my pets :)
BUT....He is also very concerned.....no real change in Pixie....she will not eat, and he has been feeding her with a syringe (in the mouth) they are getting her to drink some though, but she is still very yellow... :(
They will run blood tomorrow morning, and we will see what that tells us...they have her on a strong anti-biotic and the steroids still.
I myself am very concerned that there is not much of a change......this is day 4

meowzer

Well nothing different this afternoon....I'm very worried now.....They are running more blood tomorrow morning....I will call about 10 for results UNLESS they call me first
when I talk to them I will find out names of meds, and nuclei questions AL....even though I have NO CLUE what I am talking about

tomorrow will be day 5 in the hospital......SURELY something has to change

S

smartorl

I know it's hard not to worry about your baby but being stable and not getting worse is a positive time. I'm sorry the little thing is going through this, and you guys as well.

meowzer

I'm going to make myself a diet margarita and take 2 tylenol p.m.
....maybe I'll be asleep by 11......

al mc

Don't want to step on any toes as we all practice differently..not good versus bad..just different. If she is not eating on her own by tomorrow I would actually ask my client to visit their pet. While it might be slightly upsetting for her when you leave sometimes seeing a familiar face is what they need to eat/show a little zest for life versus being around lots of 'white coats'. Just a thought.
Questions to ask....some obvious....
1. What is the hematocit (HCT)?
2. What is the White Cell Count (WBC)? Are they all Neutrophils (usually up with bacterial infections)...If not what other type of white cell is elevated? Lymphocytes?
3. Does the CBC show a large increase in reticulocytes? (immature red blood cells released in great numbers when the bone marrow is functioning properly and the body recognizes it is anemic)

meowzer

Thanks Al....I'm gonna write this all down.....They said the fever was gone, BUT she is still yellow
You know how you get all nervous and panic when you actually get on the phone.. :( Maybe if I have all this on paper in front of me it will help
this is my fave pic of her :)