Snake's 75g build thread

acrylic51

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeBlitz33 http:///t/392906/snakes-75g-build-thread/560#post_3511895
Yeah, I do like my biology labs. In fact, I kinda like my Chemistry lab, even though I don't really like my professor. The labs really do help tie everything together for me - the additional learning is pretty nice. The experiments that we do in the labs really make the course work kinda sink in and become tangible for me.
What are koodies? Do you mean goodies? Like the stuff that I just purchased?
Yeah man, I really do have my hands full this semester. Besides going to class, I'm working at the taxidermy shop, and then I have to be a father/husband/maid on the evenings and weekends. Pretty dang busy. But, it's all worth it.
I wish they would give me some kind of tracking number for my Apex Jr. It's been almost two weeks now and Neptune systems still hasn't shipped. I'm about ready to cancel my order from that online retailer and order from someone else that actually has it in stock. I'm definitely not satisfied with the way things have gone. I'm sitting on $700 worth of goods that I can't use until I get in that Apex unit. It's ticking me off. Even when Neptune ships - it's coming out of California which will take another five or so days to arrive here. That will put it right at three weeks from purchase to arrival. :( So far, I'm not very happy with what has happened.
If I were you I'd probably be on the phone tomorrow morning directly with Neptune trying to figure out what's going on and possibly a tracking number.....I do know quite a few places are actually out of stock of the full Apex and the lites, but the Jr's don't seem to be an issue.....If they do let you cancel order from BRS their in stock....and definitely not a week ship time.....I do think the time you've waited is very unacceptable.......Shipping out of CA shouldn't be more than 5 days.....Heck CA to PA is only 4 days......
What other pieces are you waiting on......

snakeblitz33

A ca rx does appeal to my tinker side as well. I still havent found a john guest fitting that i need in town. I might have to order that piece online.
I hooked up my jbj auto top off today. So far it is functioning well. I have a 10g reservoir.
Ill be calling both my online retailer and neptune systems tomorrow about the issue. This is absolutely unacceptable.

acrylic51

Seth did a little checking, and I don't think your going to find exactly what your looking for.....Going from 3/4" male thread to 1/4" john guest fitting from what I'm finding doesn't exactly exit on the places I usually order those fittings.....Probably your best bet would be to reduce that 3/4" female thread down to 1/2" and then purchase a 1/2" male john guest fitting.......

snakeblitz33

K. Sounds good. There isnt but one place in town that sells john guest. The smallest they ho is 1/2". :(. Ill still have to order online.

snakeblitz33

Im happy to report that the original montipora is recovered/ing from the uv blast and has been encrusting on the overflow box pretty well. I think i am going to loose two frags but i think it was my fault.
If i could just figure out how to attach the glass sheilds i have to the metal halide boxes that i already have in the canopy i could turn my halides on. (But then i would have to ventilate the canopy)
I would like some ideas on how to do that. If anyone needs pics, ill post them.

snakeblitz33

By the way, im actually enjoying chemistry now. I had to memorize a bunch of stuff and i have been practising some problems every day and reviewing the ions, but i think i have a pretty good grasp on things. I am pretty sure i will pass the class. I feel like i am almost on the downhill slope. :) i feel like i know the concepts better than some of my peers.

snakeblitz33

So I e-mailed that online retailer over the weekend about the situation. Its now 1pm on a work day and i have yet to get a response from them. I am livid.
I will be calling them in a few minutes and will report back.

snakeblitz33

They told me neptune was getting ready to ship all of their orders out today. I should be getting a tracking number today or tomorrow.

snakeblitz33

So i finally got my tracking number. I will be here on the 18th this month. Woohoo. Only 21 days from my order date. If yah think about it, its almost 1/12 of a year. Heh. Well, i used to buy everything from that online retailer, but it looks like i will be shopping around for a new one.
I would still like to purchase a better light and some fans and a probe holder. I also need to get that john guest fitting so i can finish plumbing in my calcium reactor.
I need to make tim to finish that customers canopy and start on my own. :( i think a side cabinet is in order first before anything else.

snakeblitz33

So my cyano problem is growing. I figure some water changes would be good. Im going to buy some caulerpa for my sump and tweak my skimmer some more.

novahobbies

I've had a small cyano outbreak a few months after setup in every tank I've ever set up...I just chalked it up to part of the new-tank growing cycle. Water changes, flow updates, and phosphate monitoring..... you know the drill!

In fact I have 2 tiny patches of cyano in mine right now as well. Just thought of it.

snakeblitz33

Eh. I am not too worries about it. The reason is because i know it happens to every tank regardless of the ateps taken. Its a condition that will pass. Ill just have to do some tweaking to my system and try to siphon some out.
I guess as the system stabilizes and bacterial populations establish themselves it will go away with good husbandry
im going to throw in some macroalgae in thr next couple weeks.
Im also looking at buying a couple of reefbreeder led units. More on that later.

sweatervest13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeBlitz33 http:///t/392906/snakes-75g-build-thread/580#post_3512266
Eh. I am not too worries about it. The reason is because i know it happens to every tank regardless of the ateps taken. Its a condition that will pass. Ill just have to do some tweaking to my system and try to siphon some out.
I guess as the system stabilizes and bacterial populations establish themselves it will go away with good husbandry
im going to throw in some macroalgae in thr next couple weeks.
Im also looking at buying a couple of reefbreeder led units. More on that later.
I agree with you and Nova on the cyano. It is a stage that most new tanks will see. I bet the macro algae does a good job at helping reduce it.
I would love to hear more about the reefbreeders units you are looking at. I did a ton of research before ordering mine. So far I like mine. There are a few things that I am not 100% happy about, but they are minimal. The good far out weigh the bad on the units I purchased.

novahobbies

That Reefbreeder basic is pretty standard, but I really like the reefbreeder controllable. That's a really nice set.
The basic one looks like the next evolutionary step up from the CCLEDF. The extra colors that the original CCLEDF is missing are the same colors I'm going to incorporate into a separate DIY bar. Seth, if you get these, I'd love to see how they are running after 6 months or so....

snakeblitz33

So, i found the connection/adapter! Woohoo. Im hooking my calcium reactor up this evening. Probably slightly turning it on as well.
I have to see how i am going to make my return pump also power my phosphate reactor. Im going to get it back online soon. Maybe fill it with chemipure elite. Nip this cyano problem in the bud.