Snake's Weight Loss Journal

socal57che

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelerjp98 http:///t/387178/snakes-weight-loss-journal#post_3422675
How about instead of "fat burner" you take a "natural laxative"?
Laxatives are a dangerous road. The fat burner is far easier on your system. Laxatives are popular among the anorexic crowd. They can severely dehydrate you, too. Better to curb intake than try to deal with it after eating it. It's kind of like adding livestock to an aquarium to fight an algae problem. Treat the cause, not the effect.
Snake,
Remember that stimulant fat burners are just that...stimulants. If your final meal is late...you may not sleep well. I am able to do a stimulant late in the day and still sleep. It depends on your tolerance to them. Stims don't have the same effect on everyone. Some really amp me up, but caffeine doesn't do much unless I take a lot. Just start with low doses and work up to what you need. It's better if you can get results with less stimulant.
Good call on using your rest day for rest. Rest is more important than an extra unscheduled run.
I do pics every couple weeks. Just use your cellphone and a mirror. Take them in the same place every time and do a couple angles. If your wife gets into it...that's a nice bonus.

snakeblitz33

UGH! I don't know what I am doing wrong.
For the past week and a half I have been jogging about two miles a day, excluding Sunday. I have kind of watched my diet and not overate, in fact last night I was still full from chinese food for lunch that I skipped supper and had some grapes and coffee. A week and a half ago, I weighed 215 pounds. I was hoping to weigh in at 213-214 today, but instead... I weighed in at 218!!!! I feel like all of that jogging and watching my diet isn't worth it and I should just go back to my old eating habits and be fat and don't give a crap.

bender77

Exactly what are you eating and how many calories a day are you taking in? Why don't you list a couple of typical days diets and see if we can help find issues. I know when I lost weight, just exercise and a small diet change alone didn't do it. I had to drastically change the way I was eating. Here is the basic plan I followed, just chaining up the fruit and the lean meat. It wouldn't be for you since men have different calorie and protein requirements, but you can get an idea. I ate every 3 hrs. No snacking
Syntha 6 is a protein powder

socal57che

You may be adding muscle since you recently started exercising. If you add muscle, which is more dense and weighs more than fat, you can actually gain weight while losing fat and overall size. That's why the pics are so important. They will show progress that the scales won't.
Bender is right. You need to keep a calorie log...at least for a few weeks so you can see exactly how many calories you take in. After a while, you may not need it, but you have to at least determine a base line for what you currently take in. As you see where your calories are coming from, you can eliminate some of those calories and exchange bad calories for good calories. Don't forget to count sugary soft drinks in your calorie count. It might surprise you how many sugar/carb calories we take in from soft drinks.
Did your chinese include lo mein and rice? Those two items need to be "off diet" and used sparingly on cheat days.

snakeblitz33

I don't think I want to get that technical. Can't I just eat less and exercise more? Don't you think at least some of that weight gain was muscle and water retention?

socal57che

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeBlitz33 http:///t/387178/snakes-weight-loss-journal/20#post_3423697
I don't think I want to get that technical. Can't I just eat less and exercise more? Don't you think at least some of that weight gain was muscle and water retention?
I counted calories. It's not that hard. Just take a few basics as to what foods are hight calorie, high fat, high carbs low nutritional value and which ones are high protein, high fiber and nutritional.
It can be muscle gain and water weight gain, but without a calorie log and pics it's hard to track.

bender77

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeBlitz33 http:///t/387178/snakes-weight-loss-journal/20#post_3423697
It wasn't that easy for me. I tried that for 6 months with no results at all. It wasn't until I got serious and really started tracking and watching what I ate. Once I did I lost 30 lbs and 14/18 ish total inches. I've keep most of it off for over a year now. I've gained 4 lbs back and 1/2 inch. I'm pretty happy over all

socal57che

Quote:
Originally Posted by bender77 http:///t/387178/snakes-weight-loss-journal/20#post_3423762
It wasn't that easy for me. I tried that for 6 months with no results at all. It wasn't until I got serious and really started tracking and watching what I ate. Once I did I lost 30 lbs and 14/18 ish total inches. I've keep most of it off for over a year now. I've gained 4 lbs back and 1/2 inch. I'm pretty happy over all
That's AWESOME!!

gemmy

Quote:
It's not all about eating less and exercising. It's about eating the right things and doing the appropriate exercise.

socal57che

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemmy http:///t/387178/snakes-weight-loss-journal/20#post_3423922
It's not all about eating less and exercising. It's about eating the right things and doing the appropriate exercise.

Snake,
Your body will fight to keep the fat since you are essentially robbing it of the foods it's used to getting. If you still eat crap, your body will try to save (store as fat) as much as possible because you drastically reduced it's calorie intake. It thinks you are trying to starve it. The human brain is a tough cookie to outsmart.

snakeblitz33

Alright. Not much progress at all. I havent gained any or lost any since the last time I posted.
My wife is pregnant and so far I've been pretty good about not eating more than my share. However, I would like to get down to 200pounds by the time my baby Emma gets here
Game plan:
Half my food. Stop eating when I'm not hungry anymore. Drink a glass of water before I eat. If I'm hungry, I will eat. I also drink a lot of coffee and use tsp of sugar so I'm going to cut it down to 1 tsp sugar and then a half and then hopefully none or switch to that fake sugar.
Exercise is a common problem for me to keep in a routine. So instead of me trying to go to a track, I'll work out at home three to four days a week and take the long way home on my bike before and after work. I may also go on a walk on my lunch break.
Anyone have any thoughts or opinions to help me out???

snakeblitz33

The last time I lost so much weight, I identified a problem and corrected it. I stopped drinking soda pop and started exercising a bit. This time I realize I'm eating too much and eat too many desserts. So, time to correct that now. I want my daughter to grow up with the same values I have, including my diet and exercise habits.

travelerjp98

If you switch to fake sugar, I gaurentee $50 that it will significantly negatvely affect your weight loss attempts. Not to mention that it is horrible for you. All what it simply is, is adding 3 chlorine atoms, so your body doesn't recongize it. Most people's bodies only absorb 15% of it, but that 15% is chlorinated, artificial, genetically mutated, junk. Don't kill yourself with it.

travelerjp98

Another recommendation I have is to cut out toxins, such as artificial and natural flavors, colors, preservatives, color/flavor enhancers from your diet. On things you buy, READ THE LABELS. Put it right back on the shelf if it has any of these listed in the ingredients: Artificial Flavors, Natural Flavors, Partially Hydrogenated Oils, Spices, Carceegan (sp?), anything you can't recognize, and then there are a few more.... The reason "Natural Flavors"
and "Spices" are on there is because a few years back, giant corporations basically bribed the government to be able to list a lot of chemical additives as those. Try calling the companies to know exactly what those "Spices" or "Natural Flavors" are. They'll never tell you. Same with artificial flavors, etc. Obviously you can't be perfect with it, but just try cutting back on as much of those foods as possible. If you want more information, I would be more than happy to give it to you.

cipher43

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelerjp98 http:///t/387178/snakes-weight-loss-journal/20#post_3439999
If you switch to fake sugar, I gaurentee $50 that it will significantly negatvely affect your weight loss attempts. Not to mention that it is horrible for you. All what it simply is, is adding 3 chlorine atoms, so your body doesn't recongize it. Most people's bodies only absorb 15% of it, but that 15% is chlorinated, artificial, genetically mutated, junk. Don't kill yourself with it.
He could always use Stevia or Truvia.

deejeff442

its all about good calories period.yea sugar is the worst.you need fat in your diet but its the simple sugars that are the engines bringing it to storage.less sugar the less fat is stored.complex carb like rice,potatoes even some pasta are good.although too much starch from pasta isnt great but its better than simple sugars.
i have been getting back to the gym and eating like i used to lately.alot of chicken,rice ,potatoes eggs ,milk .
i have put on 6 lbs in the last two weeks .not fat just feeding what my muscles want.i have always found it to be hard to work out at home.you can start ,the phone rings or something bothers you.but once at the gym or out the door you are commited to it.

snakeblitz33

I think my problem is sweets and popcorn and coke at the movies. and portion sizes. I guess I've been really lax lately.
Anyone have any good breakfast ideas?

deejeff442

i ate 6 scrambled eggs with cheddar cheese in it,6 sauge links ,4 pieces of wheat toast and a big glass of milk this morning.
but oatmeal is heavy and will keep you full for a while.