SOVIETTACO's 24g Nano-Cube Diary

soviettaco

Originally Posted by meowzer
http:///forum/post/3145401
Looks good.....
Thanks! Do the nitrates ever drop down to a lower number then 10 and what is the level I should have it at? Thanks in advance!
Originally Posted by Nw2Salt08

http:///forum/post/3145423
Looks like you're coming along well. Love the bangaii. I can't ever find any at my LFS or I'd be soo on it getting some into my tank.
I love the little clown gobies. They're great. I have green clown gobies in my setup. I finally found a goby that my lawnmower blenny won't kill. lol He's so mean.
Love the brain coral. The colors are great! I have a green lobo.
Keep up the good work! If you have any questions just ask! And we do care about your thread!

Thanks a lot!! Green clown gobies?!?!?! Darn it, if I had known that I would have tried to find some of those, green is my favorite color so... poop.
Thats too bad about the Bangaiis, it seems like both my lfs's have them almost all the time in large quantities, and I'm in Michigan!!!

Yeah the funny thing is they call it a red brain coral but there is a good amount of green in there. Lobos are pretty sweet, I have to get so many more corals I am lacking in the that department, the thing that kind of stinks is that the torch is soooooooo BIG. I would love to frag it if that is even possible.
I also need some more LR I only have about 12lbs. But I need some money
, haha. This hobby has made me poor really fast. I think I am up to 800$ (I've been counting lol). When I hear that people spend hundreds every week I understand cause I have been doing so too, but I think I am about to hit a financial barrier pretty soon, 19 and in college makes it hard. Oh well haha.

[hr]
And thanks for all the help and tips everybody!!!
Oh and if anyone has ideas on the brown things and the "Mantis" please comment. If it is a mantis I want to catch it before it gets any bigger.
I'm going to place the pics in the ID section so it has more exposure.

nw2salt08

The brown things look like Zoanthids. I have some like that with a little bit of a green tint in the center. I like your yellow clown goby though. He's brightly colored and sitting on a blue mushroom really makes him stand out. You can't really see mine that much. They hide in my bubble coral and my lobo. lol The corals are what gets me into trouble. lol I could easily spend a small fortune on them.

soviettaco

http:///forum/post/3145627
The brown things look like Zoanthids. I have some like that with a little bit of a green tint in the center. I like your yellow clown goby though. He's brightly colored and sitting on a blue mushroom really makes him stand out. You can't really see mine that much. They hide in my bubble coral and my lobo. lol The corals are what gets me into trouble. lol I could easily spend a small fortune on them.

Yeah I love my clown goby, I would have gotten two (a mated pair) but some lady bought just one (they only had those two), so I figured I should get just one as well considering they usually do not have them.
Originally Posted by bluering09

http:///forum/post/3145635
I'm enjoying your progress, keep it up!
Thanks! I will!

nw2salt08

Yeah...I ordered mine. My LFS usually doesn't carry them. I ordered two but got a third by accident so I got to keep it. I have three in my tank now.
Good thing I have a decent amount of rockwork. lol I need to take some updated pics and post them. I haven't done that it a long time.

soviettaco

http:///forum/post/3146025
Yeah...I ordered mine. My LFS usually doesn't carry them. I ordered two but got a third by accident so I got to keep it. I have three in my tank now.
Good thing I have a decent amount of rockwork. lol I need to take some updated pics and post them. I haven't done that it a long time.
Do you have a tank diary thread?

mma-guy

looks great! i really like the banggai and clown goby. air bubbles just happen in the sand it doesnt really do anything bad... that thing on the rock looks almost like a chiton. google it!

soviettaco

Originally Posted by MMA-Guy
http:///forum/post/3146103
looks great! i really like the banggai and clown goby. air bubbles just happen in the sand it doesnt really do anything bad... that thing on the rock looks almost like a chiton. google it!
No thats not what it looked like, the picture doesn't do much justice, I have been told it is a Amphipod, which is good, I googled that and its exactlt whay it looks like. But thanks for the suggestion, as long as its not a mantis I'm happy!!

mma-guy

cool k i have a couple chiton in my temporary 6 gall. they are just little parasite eaters. kinda cool cuz they are related to wood sows (rollypolys)

soviettaco

I love that I can look in my tank and see something new almost every time.
Yesterday I noticed 3 tiny feather dusters, which weren't there before. I also noticed I have a bunch of other small tube worms that are currently making their tubes, which is really cool to watch. They pick up pieces of sand and attach them making a cylinder around their body... Pretty cool stuff.
I also noticed what looks to be another type of zoo! either that or its an anemone. Its really small at the moment making it hard to take pictures, it is clear except for its little arms which have red/brown and white stripes. I will try to take some pics for an ID later.
Also tomorrow like usual I'll be doing my weekly tests and will possibly be getting some new stuff!
I'm hoping my poms will be in, if not them then my sixline! And if not that then I'll find something to buy haha!

troy989

Originally Posted by SOVIETTACO
http:///forum/post/3147441
Yesterday I noticed 3 tiny feather dusters, which weren't there before. I also noticed I have a bunch of other small tube worms that are currently making their tubes, which is really cool to watch. They pick up pieces of sand and attach them making a cylinder around their body... Pretty cool stuff.
I also noticed what looks to be another type of zoo! either that or its an anemone. Its really small at the moment making it hard to take pictures, it is clear except for its little arms which have red/brown and white stripes. I will try to take some pics for an ID later.
Also tomorrow like usual I'll be doing my weekly tests and will possibly be getting some new stuff!
I'm hoping my poms will be in, if not them then my sixline! And if not that then I'll find something to buy haha!

same with me i got the lr from a guy that had it for 2 years soo much hitchhikers i like some but not all

soviettaco

Originally Posted by troy989
http:///forum/post/3147446
sweet coral goby!
Thanks!!

http:///forum/post/3147447
same with me i got the lr from a guy that had it for 2 years soo much hitchhikers i like some but not all
Yeah I am not sure how long my LR had been at my LFS before I got it. And I agree too much hitchhikers is a little unsettling, I'm still waiting for the Kracken to pop out of a hole lol.

soviettaco

SOVIETTACO;3147441 said:
Yesterday I noticed 3 tiny feather dusters..............
QUOTE]
Ok I took pictures, and guess what there are two of them now, I am very worried its an aspastia infestation?!?!?!?!? what do you think?

If it is a aspastia how do I remove it?

meowzer

If you have any lemon juice....you can insert some right into its mouth....worked for me
i have also heard boiling wtaer works...that didn't work for me..lol

soviettaco

On a happier note and well I guess a dissapointing note as well, no pom pom crabs. My lfs gets them just for me keeps them in a 24g nano-cube and puts them in a little container, but they escape everytime.... what the heck!! Buggers don't want to come home with me.
Also I decided against the sixline after learning they occasionally go after hermits and shrimp.... oh well.
BUT I DID GET SOME CORALS!!!!!!!!!!
Cheap and small though but still cool!
Heres my weekly parameters followed by some acclimation pics. I will put up better pics tomorrow morning.
Parameters 10-2-09:
SG: 1.025
Temp: 78
Ph: 8.2
Nitrite: 0
Ammonia: 0
Nitrate: 5
ok heres my pics!
One of my blue hermits he got really big, I love my crabs so much!!!

New Acclimating pumping zenia

New Fire and Ice zoanthids acclimating, they started opening before lights out but I didn't take any pics, I will tomorrow. They look awesome at night too!

New green star polyps, hope they open soon

PRETTY!!!

Looks silly closed

Also looks silly closed

The reason why I got them sooooo small is that in case they just didn't do well it would be that big of a loss, another is I like the Idea of starting with a little and watching it grow. And finally it was soft on my wallet.
the stars were 10$
the zenia rock with shrooms 15$
and the fire and ice was 30$
I think thats pretty good considering I belong to the lfs's pet club which gets me pretty big discounts, I think I only paid like 45$ for everything in the end.

Like I said more pics tomorrow, and maybe I'll get some other stuff I didn't feel satisfied today with not getting my poms.

soviettaco

http:///forum/post/3148152
its definitly aptasia go to lfs buy aptasia x and spray it

Originally Posted by meowzer

http:///forum/post/3148153
If you have any lemon juice....you can insert some right into its mouth....worked for me
i have also heard boiling wtaer works...that didn't work for me..lol
CRAP!!! That makes me angry, I would go to my lfs right now but its 9:44 pm and its closed. I know I am sort of over reacting but I like to keep all my belongings pristine and now my tank is tainted

Dang it.......

navaljonf

My recommendation is Aiptasia X. The problem with the Aiptasia is where there's one, there's probably more...so to ensure you prevent them from spreading I would get a peppermint shrimp as well. They eat Aiptasia. Between the X and shrimp you should be money. As far as the Sixline Wrasse, I just got one and is probably the best purchase I've made. I have a ton of lr in my 29 and he swims in/out of the rocks all day. However, he is the last fish I've added and is the smallest...my maroon clown keeps him in check too. They can be aggressive and by looking at your livestock I would not recommend one unless its the last fish you're adding and small