Spanko's bio cube, what in Posiden's name is he up to now?

tirtza

wow!!!! Henry I love your Bio Cube!! If vodka is the trick, I'll start drinking right now! (One of my fav. drinks is a "Moscow Mule". It's vodka + ginger beer.....yum.) Ginger beer probably isn't good for my fish though...to much sugar ;)
Of course I have a million questions about your tank (but I'll just stick to 7 for now).....
1. What types of coral are in the cube?
2. What kind of of lighting adjustments did you make for the coral?
3. What are AI LED's, are they necessary for coral, and how do you use them w/a bio cube, and finally where do I get them?
4. I couldn't see where you have your power heads located....where are they?
5. What kind of chemical & mechanical filtration do you use?
6. Do you have a sump or refugium connected to the tank?
7. What is "UNLS"?
Thanks!!

travelerjp98

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirtza http:///t/332430/spankos-bio-cube-what-in-posidens-name-is-he-up-to-now/940#post_3441394
wow!!!! Henry I love your Bio Cube!! If vodka is the trick, I'll start drinking right now! (One of my fav. drinks is a "Moscow Mule". It's vodka + ginger beer.....yum.) Ginger beer probably isn't good for my fish though...to much sugar ;)
Of course I have a million questions about your tank (but I'll just stick to 7 for now).....
3. What are AI LED's, are they necessary for coral, and how do you use them w/a bio cube, and finally where do I get them?
Thanks!!
Hi Terry,
AI LEDs stand for Aqua Illumination LED's, just another brand of LED lights.

travelerjp98

LED lights are just another form of lighting along with Metal Halides, Power Compacts, and T5s. They have some benefits in home aquaria because of their low energy consumption, and their low running temperature. They are also good because you can have several different spectrum's of light coming from an LED fixture. Basically, in my opinion, I think that LEDs are the highest-quality, most advanced type of lighting on the market today. I hope that this explains it!

spanko

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirtza http:///t/332430/spankos-bio-cube-what-in-posidens-name-is-he-up-to-now/940#post_3441394
1. What types of coral are in the cube?Mostly SPS with a few LPS and a couple of Ricordea florida.
2. What kind of of lighting adjustments did you make for the coral? My LED lights replicate for the most part a 20K metal halide bulb.
3. What are AI LED's, are they necessary for coral, and how do you use them w/a bio cube, and finally where do I get them? AI=Aquailluminations the maker of the lights. No not necessary just another option for lighting a reef tank. I don't have the stock top anymore I have a pond net top and the light is on legs above the tank. Look up Aquailluminations on a google search.
4. I couldn't see where you have your power heads located....where are they? I have the stock outlet and a Vortech MP10 on the right hand wall
5. What kind of chemical & mechanical filtration do you use? Chemipure Elite, Purigen, Filter Floss, PURA filter pad, Aquatic Life Mini Skimmer, Vodka Dosing, Amino Acid Dosing, ESV B-Ionic 2 part dosing.
6. Do you have a sump or refugium connected to the tank? Nothing connected to the tank, only the stock back section.
7. What is "UNLS"? Ultra Low Nutrient System
Thanks!!

travelerjp98

Oh... and sorry that I just jumped into your thread without even saying how nice it looks!
shame on me :( I feel so rude...