Spidey's 150g Reef Build

spiderwoman

Hehe life sometimes takes over, but I do have happy news....
Our tank has water and first try of aquascape done. We do not have lights installed yet so can't get good pics. I'm hoping that the LED bulb comes in today like it was suppose to and we can get the first view of the tank with some light.
I have a feeling that there won't be much of a cycle with this tank either as I used 100lbs of SWF LS, 60lbs of dry aragonite and about 200lbs of cured LR. I didn't have a cycle with the 75g tank either.
I will post pics as soon as I can.

spiderwoman

Bulb is here, unfortunately I won't get it up and running until next Monday when hubby is back home. It's a monster bulb to say the least.

spiderwoman

I'll take some pics of the sump are tonight. Skimmer needs some serious toning, it's so big and the adjustment is very specific... lot of range in it.
That bulb is a new LED bulb that uses standard 120 socket and plugs into the wall. No ballast needed. It didn't get installed yesterday, hubby was home such a short time.

spiderwoman

Originally Posted by kjord97
http:///forum/post/2650287
where did you pick up such bulb and how is the performace of it.
Got it straight from the guy who invented it and I don't have personal experience on it yet. It's suppose to last 5 years and have the performance of 250W 10k bulb. The diagrams that I've seen indicated that as well.

hefner413

Whoa.. just found your thread! I've been spending most of my time on the aggressive side and was missing out! Nice work! I'm along for the ride....

spiderwoman

No pictures yet, but hubby plugged the LED in temporarily so that I have some light in the tub until he installs the rest of the lights.
First impression is slightly yellowish hue. Absolutely amazing glitter effect in the water. IMO much better than MH glitter effect. The LED has 28 mini LED's in it so that causes the effect to be so amazing. This light definitely needs actinics to supplement more blue.
The light has been on since Tuesday and I'm starting to get used to the color. I do love more blueness and my 400W MH's are going to be much bluer (Radium 20k).
I currently have red, brown, purple and hairy green mushrooms in the bottom of the 28inch tank and so far they are looking really good. The light is almost a foot off the water level so the penetration is good.

veni vidi vici

Originally Posted by SpiderWoman
http:///forum/post/2683774
No pictures yet, but hubby plugged the LED in temporarily so that I have some light in the tub until he installs the rest of the lights.
First impression is slightly yellowish hue. Absolutely amazing glitter effect in the water. IMO much better than MH glitter effect. The LED has 28 mini LED's in it so that causes the effect to be so amazing. This light definitely needs actinics to supplement more blue.
The light has been on since Tuesday and I'm starting to get used to the color. I do love more blueness and my 400W MH's are going to be much bluer (Radium 20k).
I currently have red, brown, purple and hairy green mushrooms in the bottom of the 28inch tank and so far they are looking really good. The light is almost a foot off the water level so the penetration is good.
I have a 250 w 20k Radium
i love it

scotts

Originally Posted by SpiderWoman
http:///forum/post/2683774

spiderwoman

One of the green hairy mushrooms detached from the rock probably 10 minutes after I had them in the tank and it took residence behind a table rock I have in there. Right before I turned off the light, it was probably a good 5 inches accross!

scotts

Cool you two!!! I am so glad to hear it! BTW I forgot to tell you those red mushrooms get BIG. They can be about 3 or 4 inches in diameter.