Start of one "BIG" SPS tank

wangotango

some comedian that was on the other night said something like "you have all sorts of cool stuff while you're single, furniture, roomate etc, but once you get married your wife will decide that ALL of your stuff is stupid and get rid of it against your will (even your roomate)..." something like that, it was funny when he said it. anyways not being married is probably a good idea with a tank like this. its gonna be one heck of a setup when its finished.
-Justin

goodwin9

Originally Posted by FishRule
How do you regulate the correct salinity of your mixing tanks? Do you have a diagram of this setup?
I haven't found a method to automate, would like to, so I have to use the manual method for mixing the salt.

azfishgal

Originally Posted by goodwin9
You really don't think I have a wife with all of this do you? :notsure: The tanks and my cat are all I can handle. (Can't afford a wife)
HEY! Not all wives are that way. My husband has his Infiniti, and I now have my 125 gal fish tank!
Of course he knows when we move into a larger house I am going to have to upgrade. Thirteen years of marriage has taught me if I give my man what he wants then I get what I want.

patrick8929

WOW that is looking sooo nice!
how much longer untill you have fish and corals?
im so excited to see it come along and its not even mine!
keep us posted on the progress this is awsome ***)
patrick
ps. welcome to page 5!

azfishgal

Originally Posted by El Bob
what is it that he wants???
Do you really have to ask? What do ALL men want? :hilarious
WOW! Page 5! You know you are somebody when your thread reaches 5 pages!!!!

goodwin9

Originally Posted by patrick8929
WOW that is looking sooo nice!
how much longer untill you have fish and corals?
im so excited to see it come along and its not even mine!
keep us posted on the progress this is awsome ***)
patrick
ps. welcome to page 5!
Getting closer..can hardly wait myself. Checked water Thurs and came up with the following;
NO2 .3
NO3 10
NH3 .3
PH 8.3
Still has a ways to go before I can add anything.

goodwin9

Originally Posted by azfishgal
Do you really have to ask? What do ALL men want? :hilarious
WOW! Page 5! You know you are somebody when your thread reaches 5 pages!!!!
I wonder what will happen when I fill the tank with fish & corals. If you've seen pictures of my other tanks, you know I don't like that "empty" look. I love lots of life and activity in my tanks..Hopefuly will make for some great pictures.......

azfishgal

Originally Posted by goodwin9
I wonder what will happen when I fill the tank with fish & corals. If you've seen pictures of my other tanks, you know I don't like that "empty" look. I love lots of life and activity in my tanks..Hopefuly will make for some great pictures.......
Well....I'm right there with you. If you've checked out my diary you know my tank is finally in the house doing it's test run. I'm in the middle of mixing my saltwater now. My QT with a lonely live rock is almost ready, though testing it this morning my pH is low (7.8) and my Alk is high (2.9), so need to fix that (a 15% water change should fix that right?). BUT, my amonia levels are almost to 0 and my Nitrites are starting to come down. I'm starting to get restless, but I know I can't rush it.

fishgeek01

Goodwin, just wondering, noticed you have a lot of copper pipes leading to your RO system and your other stuff in your salt room, any problems with residual copper in your water after the ro system?

goodwin9

Originally Posted by Fishgeek01
Goodwin, just wondering, noticed you have a lot of copper pipes leading to your RO system and your other stuff in your salt room, any problems with residual copper in your water after the ro system?
No problems, other than the RO unit attatching to a copper line, the rest of the plumbing in the RO system, and storage is plastic.

goodwin9

Originally Posted by highcottn1
hmmm u must REALLY LIKE the hobby to buy this HUGE tank. so wonder how one of these can fit in my budget :thinking:

I have to admit, I have a very serious addiction to this hobby and so far, no one has been able to find a cure for me........ :help:

kayak385

i have a 75 gallon tank, and regular 50/50 single sattelite lights and a sump, and a crazy spending problem, so lets just say i can only look at this thread when my credit cards aren't in my back pocket... Good looking tank so far and I can't wait until you reach page 10 with a website for pics and all that good stuff!!! p.s. whats your credit score now? hehe

justforfun

Originally Posted by nu2salt
i bet all goodwin's credit cards r black. but that is one bad @$$ tank.
can't wait to see life in there.
Yes the black card is my best friend. I am sure goodwin would agree.

psusocr1

why would the black card be your best friend? if you have that much money? who cares about the card you would be able to afford it no matter what