Start of one "BIG" SPS tank

goodwin9

Originally Posted by grumpygils
Allright, call me stupid but how does that filter the sand in the main tank? Or it doesn't?
Mc
The sand filter uses a very fine sand for the filtration and is contained in the filter itself. Doesn't use sand from any other area of the tank.

fishrule

So the “Tank Water” filters thru the "Sand-Filter device." Not a Device that is filtering the “Tanks Sand? :notsure:
That is where I got confused, but I think I see what you are talking about now.
Where can I find one of these filters? prezasti@gmail.com

albfishin'

goodwin - great stuff!!!! I also enjoyed the other post showing your other tanks. I wish that I had the time and the resources to get as involved in this hobby as you.

Speaking of time, how do you have the time to maintain all the tanks????? Best of luck on your newest project! Please keep us posted.

fishrule

Originally Posted by AlbFishin'
goodwin - great stuff!!!! I also enjoyed the other post showing your other tanks. I wish that I had the time and the resources to get as involved in this hobby as you.

Speaking of time, how do you have the time to maintain all the tanks????? Best of luck on your newest project! Please keep us posted.

Um, Can I get the link to this thread?

goodwin9

Originally Posted by bgrae001
That is a sweet setup, how can you afford all that?
I have to work a part time job to support my addiction to this hobby

goodwin9

Originally Posted by IOWAFISH
[would you look at this... second post inside of an hour...]
Hey Goodwin, your rock looks like really nice quality stuff, by the way. If you don't mind me asking, who's your preferred supplier? Very impressive the low amount of rubble you ended up with. I assume it's an on-line supplier other than SWF.com? Would you mind e-mailing me? E-mail address is my screen name @mchsi.com.
Going back to lurking now......

KH
Sent an email, came back undeliverable.

albfishin'

Originally Posted by FishRule
Um, Can I get the link to this thread?
FishRule, look on pg. 3 post #135 to see the other pics. :joy:

goodwin9

I took a couple of pictures this afternoon and noticed how they showed the water movement in the tank. The penductors or enductors, as some call them, are really moving the water around. (along with the sand).

patrick8929

wow that looks awsome! :jumping: :jumping: :jumping: :jumping: :cheer: :cheer:
***) ***)
wat are your fish plans?
i know its going to be sps but wat kinds of fish

reefboy12

WOWWOWOOWOWOWOWOWOWOOWWOOW!!!!!!!!! I worship you.....when I get out of collage and have a house of my own in beautiful Melbourne, Australia I acspect to have a tank like this in there.....I can't wait for more pictures and insight.
-kevin

bgrae001

Originally Posted by goodwin9
I have to work a part time job to support my addiction to this hobby

When I lived in Alabama I had to do the same thing. I worked weekends and some nights doing custom woodworking to help support my habbit, I mean hobby.

T

timer

no kidding. what are you waiting for?!?!?
are you going to put in more sand?